Fallout 4

213EDD said:
Stealth sniper was frustrating so I remade a stealth meele+Blitz. It's far more rewarding.

It definitely sucked at first but it's finally paying off after building it up enough. Before I couldn't sneak two steps without the whole building or camp going WHO"S THERE?" Now I can clear them without ever being spotted (if my companion doesn't fuck up and blow my cover that is)

If I do another playthrough, the next one will be either a melee or maybe even unarmed so I can run around punching stuff in the face.

I really like playing as a stealth/sniper build. I have Dogmeat as my companion and he never gets in my way. I've picked off heaps of raiders, ghouls and super mutants with head shots resulting in instant kills.

Ammo is getting a bit hard to come by. I have a very customized, armor piercing pistol that's fully automatic. It's surprisingly very powerful, but I run low on ammo with it so quick.

I've just unlocked a legendary laser rifle and I happen to have a lot of ammo for it, so I'll be using that gun for a while.

I also got a really cool perk recently. Aqua Girl (since my character is female). It allows you to breathe underwater and now you no longer get irradiated under water. Pretty cool. The next level of it, as its only two stars, means you become completely undetectable while submerged in water.

Has anyone found a way to close off walls that are already up in Sanctuary? (Like the holes in house walls that you can't scrap) I really want to close them all off but I can't seem to find a wall piece that would work.

I generally try to build a wall around that hole, if that makes sense. Unfortunately there (at least as far as I'm aware of) isn't a way to close off holes in the already existing buildings.

What bothers me is that you can't place a door on areas where there could, or should be a door in an already existing house. :/

Under the metal walls tab, towards the end there are small sections of flat wall that fits pretty good for covering the walls in the sanctuary houses that have lots of holes. You can put them close enough to the original wall that for all intents and purposes, it acts as the new wall

Edit: here is an example.

Before:

After:

Again, it's not perfect, there is a small gap between the house and new wall, but it's better than nothing to me.

How's everyone's defenses going? I've finally introduced laser turrets to my settlement. I'm also going to steal Longo's idea and start adding some turrets in higher locations.

I've finally got some stores in place too, but they're pretty basic.

Can anyone tell me what's a good, legit source of caps? Caps seem to be hard to come by for me. I rarely run into merchants and I usually find my caps from hidden cap stashes, to looting corpses.

I've yet to venture to Diamond City... I've heard that place is where the bling is at.

C_nate said:
213EDD said:
Stealth sniper was frustrating so I remade a stealth meele+Blitz. It's far more rewarding.

It definitely sucked at first but it's finally paying off after building it up enough. Before I couldn't sneak two steps without the whole building or camp going WHO"S THERE?" Now I can clear them without ever being spotted (if my companion doesn't fuck up and blow my cover that is)

If I do another playthrough, the next one will be either a melee or maybe even unarmed so I can run around punching stuff in the face.

Ha. That's funny. I just downloaded this game and that's what I went with - stealth sniper. Not too interested in melee because I go through stimpaks way too fast. At least I did in FO 3. At the same time I heard it can take a while to successfully sneak around.

Also, what's the smiley face on the map in a town?

MattAY said:
Has anyone met "Swan" yet? Holy fuck.

Yeah, I didn't know what it was at first but then I had a bright idea to shoot at it... :(

Protip: if you happen to "run into" a couple of dead BOS knights, you could make their armor weightless by meleeing their corpses and destroying pieces of the power armor.

Yo dudes. The game does not multithread properly.

Make a text file in your fallout 4 folder called multi.txt

Put the text below this in it.
tMta ON
tMtrdfl ON
tMtr ppld
SAM 1

Save and load up the game. Bring up the console with ` and type in
bat multi

Higher framerates and definitely smooths out some areas for me. I can see it is now using all 8 of my thread cores.

Master_Craig said:
I've yet to venture to Diamond City... I've heard that place is where the bling is at.
I've gotten a million caps from there. Plus, I met who may be the coolest companion in the game (spoiler alert for those who care: Nick, the synth detective.).

Deez: I don't understand what that means, but I trust you know how to make good graphics.

As for gameplay, I was doing stealth sniper up until I got a combat rifle. I put three perks down to get +60% damage with non-auto rifles and now I do 150ish damage with the combat rifle and 175 with my shotgun. Now, fuck stealth.

Though I'm glad to see Bethesda has successfully made another game where stealth ranged is the best option. Though I've heard melee isn't as fun as other games, so we shall see.

cyberjim2000 said:
MattAY said:
Has anyone met "Swan" yet? Holy fuck.

Yeah, I didn't know what it was at first but then I had a bright idea to shoot at it... :(

Protip: if you happen to "run into" a couple of dead BOS knights, you could make their armor weightless by meleeing their corpses and destroying pieces of the power armor.

Saw it in passing, didn't know what it was but I realized I don't want to fuck with it right now.

So I just realized Diamond City is Fenway Park....I can be a bit slow sometimes.

And check out my sweet Righteous Authority!

QTntargl.jpg

Sourdeez said:
Yo dudes. The game does not multithread properly.

Make a text file in your fallout 4 folder called multi.txt

Put the text below this in it.
tMta ON
tMtrdfl ON
tMtr ppld
SAM 1

Save and load up the game. Bring up the console with ` and type in
bat multi

Higher framerates and definitely smooths out some areas for me. I can see it is now using all 8 of my thread cores.

This combined with the new AMD drivers that just dropped literally tripled my framerate around boston when on max settings. In the harshest parts i was getting 25FPS dips, now it's stable at 55-60.
My 280X also stopped sounding like a jet engine about to explode, dropped a good 10 degrees when crafting weapons/armor.

C_nate said:
My biggest gripe so far is that I decided to go with a stealth / sniper type build and when your companion is unable to follow your path while sneaking, they get randomly teleported somewhere near you and run back to you. Often they will get teleported in front of the enemies I'm trying to sneak up on and sets off everyone running and shooting before I'm even in a position to shoot back. It's gotten so annoying that I'm strongly considering the Lone Wanderer perk and telling all them companions to fuck off even though I haven't gotten them all yet.
The lone wanderer perk is absolutely essential, the companions have always been more of a liability than a benefit, only the dog is any use because it acts as a meat sponge by running into the middle of everything.
Webm related:
http://webm.host/d86ce/

haha, that video pretty much sums up my experience with companions so far. Useless aside from being bullet sponges like you said.

Only reason I'm still using them is for the perks you get when you max out your relationship with them.

I maxed out my relationship with Deacon by pretty much just picking locks. Next thing I know I get a permanent sneak attack bonus that stacks with my ninja perk, so I been taking different people around.

Codsworth has to be the most useless I've used so far. He has a hard time even following you into most places and will disappear for long stretches until you enter / leave or fast travel somewhere.

I've been using Dogmeat. Apparently you can level up the Lone Wanderer perk, use it and have Dogmeat with you?

I spent last night doing a bit of exploration, settlement building and weapon modding. I ripped off Longo's idea and after finding some steel, I added some turrets to my base that are now up on higher vantage points.

My charged laser sniper rifle (which I found a while ago) has been modded to deal even more damage, among other things. I've also began to level up that one perk that increases non-automatic rifle damage. Rightfully, I have called this gun "The Jerk".

The Aqua Boy/Girl perk is super useful too. Can move in water without being radiated and even breathe under water too. It's just a shame you can't see for crap down there.

Wait...You can build and defend a settlement? That's pretty awesome.

I'm only level 2 right now. I can't wait to try out my new Cryolator though! I just haven't found any ammo for it yet. Will this weapon last me a while? I'm assuming it's the best weapon for such a low level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod