Fallout 4

Hey Lethean - did you by any chance use Dogmeat in Vault 111 to go collect the Cryolator for you?

If so... check Dogmeat's inventory (yeah, he can hold items) and you'll find 200 shots of Cryolator ammo on him.

The Cryolator isn't a very strong weapon... but it freezes targets, making them extremely vulnerable. It's very handy for crowd control and slowing enemies down. I like to use the Cryolator and then finish off the enemies with a frag grenade.

I actually disagree on the companions being useless. Yes in terms of utility and such they are...but frankly some of them are actually well written and acted for once.

Like, on the same level as BioWare and CD Projekt Red in terms of acting and dialogue. There was even a standout moment with Kellogg that really got me...

LinksOcarina said:
Like, on the same level as BioWare and CD Projekt Red in terms of acting and dialogue. There was even a standout moment with Kellogg that really got me...
I wouldn't put it THAT far. As much as I've been disappointed with BioWare's recent games, their writing is WAY better than this.

It's good for Bethesda, but that's not saying much.

That said, I like Nick. I'm sure most of the companions are pretty good, too.

Honestly I don't really play Bethesda games for the story. I play for the exploration, the discovery and the action. It might sound really stupid, but I prefer to kinda make a story in my head while I play.

Dogmeat's my pal.

I like Dogmeat, see how cute he is with little dog goggles on??

I'm trying out Piper right now though. She's ok, nothing special.

Master_Craig said:
Hey Lethean - did you by any chance use Dogmeat in Vault 111 to go collect the Cryolator for you?

If so... check Dogmeat's inventory (yeah, he can hold items) and you'll find 200 shots of Cryolator ammo on him.

The Cryolator isn't a very strong weapon... but it freezes targets, making them extremely vulnerable. It's very handy for crowd control and slowing enemies down. I like to use the Cryolator and then finish off the enemies with a frag grenade.

I did use him yeah. I'm assuming he can die unfortunately. Can I park him at my house once I get one and just interact with him? By the sounds of it the Cryolater isn't all that great for sneak/snipe builds but it will serve a purpose when spotted and I need to create some space.

Longo_2_guns said:
LinksOcarina said:
I wouldn't put it THAT far. As much as I've been disappointed with BioWare's recent games, their writing is WAY better than this.

It's good for Bethesda, but that's not saying much.

That said, I like Nick. I'm sure most of the companions are pretty good, too.

Oh BioWare completely is better.

But for once, the writing in a Bethesda game has me interested in things.

Nick is perhaps the best companion right now. Piper and Hancock are quite good too...

Lethean said:
I did use him yeah. I'm assuming he can die unfortunately. Can I park him at my house once I get one and just interact with him? By the sounds of it the Cryolater isn't all that great for sneak/snipe builds but it will serve a purpose when spotted and I need to create some space.

You're in luck, Dogmeat can't die. I hate seeing Dogmeat get hurt (those whimpers get to me) but I'm so glad he can't die.

If you dismiss Dogmeat, he will return to your settlement and wait for you there. Now, I've been told you should build a dog house for him, because if you do have a dog house and dismiss Dogmeat, you can find him waiting for you at your dog house.

So yeah, you can basically park him at your house and just interact with him.

^ I'm like that haha! Shoot my face - fine!

Kick my dog and it's...
tumblr_inline_nlxyxhpEDZ1sdf9iu.gif

I should have raised my level of unlocking high enough for that. That's the weapon in the Vault 111 when you first start, right? Disappointed I have to let that rest there until I come back for it. Currently level 13.

Didn't get a chance to play Fallout 4 last night. After work I was at the gym, then spent the evening working on this week's GR Strips.

I'll be playing tonight. I wanna go scrap hunting for more steel and ceramic. Gonna build some heavy machine gun turrets to further improve overall defenses. Might see about giving some of my settlers some better equipment too.

Couple of other amusing things I've run across

This one I think was put there as a test to see if you have a dirty mind or not. I failed.

That last shot actually makes me feel a little sad. Not so much dirty minded.

I really like how the game has small details like that. For example, you might open up one of those weird, tube nuclear shelter things ("Nuclear shelter on a budget!") and when it opens, you find two skeletons in there, holding onto each other. It paints a very sad picture, but I think it's a good, subtle way to tell a story.

This screen shot for example, these two people were scared and must have been holding each other during the bombings. Since the building is still standing, they probably passed away from radiation poisoning while in each other's embrace. Sad. :(

I played some more Fallout 4 last night and I accidentally started a second settlement, which I didn't want to. I cleared out the drive in theater, as given to me as a quest by Preston, then I was required to set up one of those radio signal tower things. I did it and then... two people rocked up to an empty settlement. I thought bloody hell, so I started to make some things there.

I wanted to focus on Sanctuary but now it looks like I've got two things going on. Is there a benefit to have more than one settlement?

Having salvage stations at each is nice. I keep my companions around for extra carrying capacity. The vendor near Walden Pond has a to. Of cat posters and it was really hilarious to look around his dwelling. Also the recorded message at Walden Ponds cabin was pretty funny to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod