Fallout 4

At 1080p the game only uses 2.2gb of Vram for me at max settings. I'm looking into a 1440p monitor at this point. The game is not all that vram intensive. The textures really show just how little vram is being used. The game is begging for a high res texture pack from bethesda like they did with skyrim.

I have been fooling around with SLI bits. The max payne 3 dx11 bit seems to work with force AFR2. I don't seem to get more than a few frames per second increase at 1080p but I have seen people at 4k with it working for them.
:edit: Nvidia has confirmed
We are working with the developers to get an SLI profile out to users for Fallout 4.

Guys, what do I do with all of these? Starting to get hard to work in my garage.
2015_11_13_00001.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/m3dmixj4v/2015_11_13_00001.jpg
Surprising how many of these things are around the starting area.

The main thing I don't like about the new crafting and weapon mods is now I don't want to ever sell my junk. How am I supposed to make caps without selling all my useless stuff??

So what kind of bugs have you guys encountered?

I ran into several. One's kinda annoying in that you'd fail defending your settlements even though you cleared the place from enemies. Several aren't as game breaking but they're immersive breaking like a pack brahmin that kept spawning on top of the house that I do my crafting in. Or a certain character actively shooting down a helicopter belonging to his faction even though he harped on and on about how much they meant to him.

http://i.imgur.com/O6r8cRx.jpg

Sourdeez said:
Guys, what do I do with all of these? Starting to get hard to work in my garage.

Wait until there's a mod that lets you have all your companions at once and also let you equip everything on them. :twisted:

Only bugs i've experienced so far are normal bethesda stuff, clipping issues meaning i needed to toggle collision on/off, etc.
Is the ammo counter inside the suit meant to show all 0s until a weapon is fired/reloaded?

tedds.jpg

Hey longo/deez or whoever else is playing on PC, can you do an experiment for me?
I don't know how to do it with nvidia, but with AMD you go into the CCC and tell it to override fallout 4s settings, then set tessellation to, say, x4 or x8.
See what it does to your framerate, because with my 280X when hanging around boston went from 30-35FPS to 40ish. Want to make sure it's not something else / placebo.

In any case, i've come to the conclusion that going into the future due to consoles, more and more games will be like GTA V and Fallout 4, and be CPU + RAM intensive.
Disappointing, means skylake time.

So I got a deal on Fallout 4, the game and season pass for the PS4 for only 50 bucks.

I think I made out well on it in the end, now I don't have to wait for the GOTY edition, I got everything I need.

Game is...ok. I like it more than Fallout 3, but New Vegas is still quite good and I think better compared to 4. The dialogue throws me off honestly...it seems like it's not really well done, or too simplistic in it's design.

I also find the writing and the UI interface to be kind of a mess. Thank goodness for good hotkeys on the PS4.

I agree, the UI is a mess.

Does anyone know how to get more steel for your settlements? At the moment I'm only focusing on one settlement (Sanctuary) and it's gotten pretty decent... there's eight people there now, 20 beds, +20 food, +20 water, around 15-20 total power and maybe 15 defense, so it's not bad! However, I've pretty much run out of steel and it seems to be getting harder to come by.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Go around and scrap everything on the ground, all the waste you can find (cars, tires, etc), anything nonessential.

You can also do that at another place with a workbench and carry all the supplies over.

As for me, I opted to ignore Sanctuary and set up at Red Rocket instead. I have turrets at 360 degrees and guard posts in front of all the doors, so the only way in or out is through the garage (where you can close the shutter).

I also have some 50 tato plants and a dozen corn and melons.

Image too big for thread

You could also run supply lines through all of your settlements. Then go to the Red Rocket station and Sanctuary Hills to scrap all the cars, signs, or random junk laying around.

Man, nice job on your base, Longo! I'm digging that!

I'm focusing on Sanctuary. I could have sworn I had more steel. I'm beginning to wonder if I stupidly -dropped- it somewhere. Is there any way to highlight items on the ground? I've noticed that when you go to pick stuff up, especially really small items, finding them can be tricky sometimes.

Either that, or I foolishly spent all the steel I had.

I like my base. I'll try and take screenshots sometime to share.

With the physics bug, the terminal stuck bug, and no sli bit I have been waiting off for a patch. Other friends of mine say they have already finished the game.

If they can not fix the physics bug I am thinking about upgrading to a higher resolution and locking my fps to 60.

Something funny to watch.
http://i.imgur.com/6Z9PbRq.gifv

Sourdeez said:
With the physics bug, the terminal stuck bug, and no sli bit I have been waiting off for a patch. Other friends of mine say they have already finished the game.

If they can not fix the physics bug I am thinking about upgrading to a higher resolution and locking my fps to 60.

Something funny to watch.
http://i.imgur.com/6Z9PbRq.gifv

I came across the terminal stuck bug more than once, but I found that locking the dos to 105 (anything under 110 is suggested) has worked to fix it.

Also, having compared the two, PC is miles ahead of the XBO version. I'm a dirty console command cheater though.

Another reason to love the PC version is the ability to cheat in steel.
I choose to believe any reasonable person would raid the vault for resources to build the town, so it's not lore-cheating.

madster111 said:
Only bugs i've experienced so far are normal bethesda stuff, clipping issues meaning i needed to toggle collision on/off, etc

I've also been running into some clipping issues too. But considering some problems I've heard other people been having, I consider myself lucky.

My biggest gripe so far is that I decided to go with a stealth / sniper type build and when your companion is unable to follow your path while sneaking, they get randomly teleported somewhere near you and run back to you. Often they will get teleported in front of the enemies I'm trying to sneak up on and sets off everyone running and shooting before I'm even in a position to shoot back. It's gotten so annoying that I'm strongly considering the Lone Wanderer perk and telling all them companions to fuck off even though I haven't gotten them all yet.

Oh, I also admit to cheating resources to build up my settlements. I found it to be tedious, boring and added nothing to the game for me, so I just wanted to be free of the hassle.

I found the experience to be frustrating because the building tools suck. Most parts are just supposed to kind of snap together, but most times the terrain prevents you from being able to do that. Even using foundation parts to build a level surface don't always work in some places. And some parts don't fit the way you think they should. Frustrating and unintuitive to say the least. So I just set them up with enough stuff to survive and forget it. You can only build a limited number of things at each settlement anyway. If I want to waste hours building stuff, I will just play minecraft with my son. Much more fun and satisfying building experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle