Fallout 4

It's definitely more FPS focused than 3 in that you don't have to rely on VATS as much. At least I didn't at the moment.

It's a bit glitchy. sometimes the subtitles for dialogs won't pop up or the dialog would cut out completely.

Having a voice to a Bethesda main character feels different in that it's more story focus rather than player focus if you know what I mean. But I'm liking it so far.

Funniest moment: I was fighting raiders. I shot one their heads clean off and her buddy said, "Don't worry man. You're going to be okay."

lipsyncing and animation can get hella out of sync at higher framerates. Sometimes a character will start saying their next line before finishing their first.

cyberjim2000 said:
So... are there nudie mods yet?
Unfortunately not yet.

I am extremely disappointed in the internet, honestly. It's been out for at least 12 hours now, there should already be a nude mod. Even if you can't replace textures without the GECK, you can force the game to load others with texmod.

I'm disappointed that there isn't an actual gun skill, or at the very least something that alters your shooting abilities, but there is for melee. So there's no reason not to go full guns all the time forever.

My one hour assessment: It's Fallout 3 with less RPGing and more shooting. We shall see how this holds true.

Does anyone actually play through the game with nude mods? I've always viewed it more as a, well that's neat, and then move on.

Wait. Wait wait wait.

What the fuck is the "pick up" button? I haven't for the life of me been able to find it!

Hold down the A button on the Xbox controller.

I think it is R on keyboard.

The good news is the patch today fixed my terminal stuck bug on some of the terminals.

I got my copy of Fallout 4 yesterday and got to spend a little bit of time with it after training. I got mine for PS4. I got a lunch box edition with a bobble head.

I heard there's frame rate issues with the game. I haven't noticed any yet, but there was also a 900ish MB day one patch downloading in the background, so maybe the problem is being fixed?

It's a pretty good looking game, although NPCs do look a bit funny. It's much better looking than Fallout 3.

To my partner's request, I made a female character. I made her specialize in the stats of Perception, Intelligence and Charisma. All her other stats at this stage are average. I didn't make it very far in the game. Without spoiling much, I've made it out of Vault 111 into the wasteland, reaching the first town (I guess you could call it that, maybe?). Only killed some rad roaches along the way. Just over half way to level two.

It is weird seeing the protagonist actually talk. I'm used to Bethesda games where it's all told from a first person perspective and you see the full sentencing of your dialog options. This time around the game takes queues from other RPGs like Mass Effect, e.g. your dialog options are very simple, almost vague, and then your character actually does the talking. It's different, and it's not necessarily bad, but it is different.

Pretty happy with it so far. I can't wait to just start exploring the wasteland. I love ignoring the main story in exchange for exploration and side quests. I do it with all Bethesda games.

Master_Craig said:
It is weird seeing the protagonist actually talk. I'm used to Bethesda games where it's all told from a first person perspective and you see the full sentencing of your dialog options. This time around the game takes queues from other RPGs like Mass Effect, e.g. your dialog options are very simple, almost vague, and then your character actually does the talking. It's different, and it's not necessarily bad, but it is different.

I thought this as well, it's different for sure than what Fallout 3, New Vegas, or any of the older Fallouts have done.

Master_Craig said:
I got my copy of Fallout 4 yesterday and got to spend a little bit of time with it after training. I got mine for PS4. I got a lunch box edition with a bobble head.

I heard there's frame rate issues with the game. I haven't noticed any yet, but there was also a 900ish MB day one patch downloading in the background, so maybe the problem is being fixed?

It's a pretty good looking game, although NPCs do look a bit funny. It's much better looking than Fallout 3.

To my partner's request, I made a female character. I made her specialize in the stats of Perception, Intelligence and Charisma. All her other stats at this stage are average. I didn't make it very far in the game. Without spoiling much, I've made it out of Vault 111 into the wasteland, reaching the first town (I guess you could call it that, maybe?). Only killed some rad roaches along the way. Just over half way to level two.

Pretty happy with it so far. I can't wait to just start exploring the wasteland. I love ignoring the main story in exchange for exploration and side quests. I do it with all Bethesda games.

I kinda wish I made a female character instead. The male seems a bit too chirpy for my tastes.

I'm a mix between disappointed and pleased.

I'm pleased that it is better than I expected in the ways that I thought it would suck, ie the shooting and crafting, and the voiced protagonist is alright. The story is pretty fun, other than me not giving a single flying fuck about Mr. Sad Dad and his stupid family, so that's nice.

I'm disappointed that they took all the improvements New Vegas made (since we all know I love New Vegas so much I would marry it) such as ammo types, faction relationships, hardcore mode, and the huge variety of character builds that it has. Also, I have been playing for hours and have yet to find a single merchant. Not cool, Fallout. Not cool.

So after figuring out how to come up with some of the crafting material for Sanctuary, I figured out how to scrap the old houses and everything. Holy crap, talk about a game changer, they really need to explain that better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod