VR Headsets

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
This trend is coming and coming fast. What games are you looking forward to play in virtual reality? Sony announced Surgeon Simulator is coming to PS4, while the developer announced they're currently working on it for Sony's VR headset codenamed Project: Morpheus.

Source (Shuhei Yoshida's twitter)
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/476370151294521345

I played Eve Valkyrie on the Oculus at E3 twice.. it.. was.. amazing..

The Sony demos on the Morpheus looked dumb, and I didnt want to wait in line..

I'd like to try the Oculus Rift or the Sony VR stuff... maybe they might have it this year at PAX AUS?

The one game you can play now that makes me think about getting a oculus rift is Half Life 2!

The thing that really keeps me waiting off on either VR headsets though is I am waiting for a VR headset that implements gsync or freesync. After upgrading my gaming monitor I will never game again without it.
Luckily, freesync has been adopted by VESA into the next displayport1.2a standard. Wait just a little longer and most new displays will support this new technology.

We shall see if it works,honestly. Right now, I think its only going to be a fad until the tech becomes accessible in different ways, kind of like how 3D can be done without glasses on a 3DS, for example.

LinksOcarina said:
We shall see if it works,honestly. Right now, I think its only going to be a fad until the tech becomes accessible in different ways, kind of like how 3D can be done without glasses on a 3DS, for example.

I dont know if its a fad, people have been continuously trying at this since the 70's. The question is who's version of VR is going to take off. Yea making it accessible to as many people as possible is probably going to have the most staying power - but the game I played experience was legit, and I think all people need is to find "their game" on the oculus and its going to take off..

Star Citizen is supposed to be getting Oculus Rift support. I really want to play that game, with or without a VR headset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod