Possible Fallout 4 announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
http://thesurvivor2299.com/
Right now it's a countdown for December 11th. There was a sound of morse code previously which Reddit users reported claiming to be the December 11th date as well as a Javascript code showing signs of Fallout. IGN reports the domains were registered for by ZeniMax, which registered both TES and Wolfenstein domains.

Are you hoping this isn't a hoax? Excited for a possible next-gen Fallout game?
Source

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm excited. But I hope it's more like New Vegas and less like 3.

What was so different in New Vegas? I always thought it was essentially Fallout 3.2 set in Vegas. (Have yet to play it.)

New Vegas was what Fallout 3 supposed to be (a sequel to Fallout 2, with many nods to the previous games) while Fallout 3 felt like the spin-off (Oblivion with guns huehuehue). I will say that Fallout 3 with mods is incredible especially Mart's Mutant Mod. It changed a 10 second encounter with a single super mutant into a 10 minute battle that spanned from the beginning of the area toward the exit at the stairs.

Plus look at the quest lists between the two.

zljk3.png

Obligatory, I didn't make this, pay no attention to the Todd Howard pictures...

Lethean said:
Longo_2_guns said:
I'm excited. But I hope it's more like New Vegas and less like 3.

What was so different in New Vegas? I always thought it was essentially Fallout 3.2 set in Vegas. (Have yet to play it.)
Not exactly, no. Basically, they took Fallout 3 and improved every single aspect of it several times over. The story is well written and has many, many approaches for each aspect, there are more ways to complete every quest, the "good/evil" morality has been replaced with how different factions view you, your teammates are actual characters rather than just paid thugs that follow you, there's way more RPG parts to it, more weapons, etc.

All it really has closely in common with Fallout 3 is the engine.

Nobody oversells a game quite like Longo.

New Vegas definitely builds on and fixes F3's basics, but all the systems from the original are still there, some only slightly tweaked if at all. Saying they only share an engine is just silly. Calling it Fallout 3.5 is fair.

It is. I think the only thing I really prefer in F3 is the setting, which means a lot to me. The Wasteland is way more interesting than the Mojave.

used44 said:
It is. I think the only thing I really prefer in F3 is the setting, which means a lot to me. The Wasteland is way more interesting than the Mojave.

That was essentially my feeling as well.

NickKmet said:
used44 said:

That was essentially my feeling as well.
I think the aspect of taking a vast, boring desert and turning it into a post-apocalyptic vast, boring desert is what hurt New Vegas the most. A lot of the towns in the game have flavor, but as a whole, the Washington D.C. Wasteland is much more exciting. Fallout 3 made the same way as New Vegas would have been the ultimate experience. Hopefully Fallout 4 will deliver.

I think I read somewhere that it might be in the Mojave Desert but cant remember where could have been just lies and rumors but who knows anymore.

Also with New Vegas weren't there a lot of bugs with it freezing if I remember right cause I was going to borrow/buy it from a friend on PS3 but his kept freezing on him and he just said it was unplayable after awhile cause it always froze on him so I have not played New Vegas yet but always wanted to

Hahaha Jim you troll ;)

I cant wait for this. It can be set in the same place and I wouldn't care too much.

used44 said:
This.

Also don't listen to Longo over hyping new vegas. Yes, New vegas is better them fallout 3, no, you'll still have a fun time with fallout 3. Yes, the New Vegas sales deal is better then fallout 3, no you shouldn't dismiss fallout 3 because of it. Stop making it a contest when both games can be bought for like 10 bucks now. They are both classics now and they are both great!

Look do it like me and always treat these two game differently and you'll see both games got their good and they both got their bad. Just look at the intro for example. One has a beginning which pretty much introduce the world you are about to go in while growing as a child to adult and having an attachment with the macguffi... huh your father. While the other game's beginning is "Here's a magical bracelet i had lying around. Off you go now!"
Yeah yeah i know... just place your image there for your character then fill in the gaps but then you hardly get any motivation to finish the game other then REVENGE! With Fallout 3, once you go out of vault 101 you get culture shocked as your eyes adjusts from the utopic like dark vault to the bright reality of the wastelands. Your only guide? Your father who just might be out there... alive somewhere.This is a recurring theme in past fallout as you were always the outsider to this new desolated world, from the guy who never knew of the outside world or to the reclusive tribe-man. You already had a backstory and a motivation to go out before you even set foot in the first town. The only gap you had to fill was what came next. In freakin' new vegas, you only get a prolong cutscene, a Rorschach test and a vague sense of a mission. At best, that one DLC with (the very awesome) Ulysse did give you some sort of dialogue options to know a little more about yourself but it's a little too late for the cultured shock sentiment since you already know what the world is like out there by the time you even meet him...
Oh and they stole the SAME freaking eye adjustment lighting effect after you go out the doc wooden room! You grew up there, this is your home already. You are already a renown courier! It's not the same! :evil:

Ahem, like i said both good game. Back on topic, I'd rather have Fallout 4 go back to the fallout 1 and 2 roots then mimic Fallout 3 or new vegas. Heck, i won't mind another fallout tactics. Give me something new! I got enough of winks and nudge of a better game they seem to be trying to ripoff.
You know, the games back when Fallout felt good and unique... and not a buggy mess with broken game mechanics you had to tolerate to enjoy the story.

As for the setting? Hmmm... I won't mind if we go back south like they did in that one cool Fallout 3 DLC. Or heck, i won't mind if they drop the U.S setting and try somewhere else completely. Canada? Mexico? Why not.

I *hated* that DLC. There's a lot of cool scenes in it like the house blowing up or that scene where you trip balls but damn I didn't know that inbreeding would make you harder to kill.

Bah... to each their own. I guess i liked how they forced you to count your ammo all during that DLC. It felt to me that they were trying to make a more action based content with wall covering and shotguning zombies creeping up the holes. Guess it did felt out of context in a fallout game.

...i just like swamp settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod