Fallout 4

I have spent so much time dicking around on making my two communities better. Just found a third and have no idea how to populate it.

Crafting is really fun and I like that all the junk finally has a purpose.

Found a caravan merchant and got some decent armor pieces from him.

I'm biggest complaint so far is that I went all in on INT wanting to go pure energy weapon build, but I seems like all the weapon perks are in the AGI tree. Oh well, just going to turn into a badass weapon modder.

Oh and the Pipboy absolutely sucks. I get realism and all, but you can barely see what's on the screen.

^ I thought that at first - you get used to it though.

I'm not too far yet, but I'm loving it. As soon as I got bombarded with mole rats and me and Dog went at them I was like, "aaah, it's back!"

Although health on Dog...do I have to keep an eye on that because I cant tell at the moment??

The more I play the more I appreciate the lighting system at max settings.

The game is begging for a HD texture pack though.

So i just tripled the speed of my PC download. Original plan was to switch over in a couple weeks when updates+mods are out.
The PS4 version runs like absolute shit for me, dips down WAY too often. Want to test this for yourself?
When you leave the vault, choose to modify your appearance. Enjoy your silky smooth literal 10-15FPS.

Is anyone else unhappy with the field of view, btw? I'm not normally one to give a shit, but i really feel the need for just a tiny bit more when i play it. Gives me the uncomfortable feeling bad company 1 does. Default is 70 degrees, really needs to be 75-80.

Thank god for the PC version letting both of these things be fixed.
~ FOV [xx] Enter ~
~ player.additem F 999999 Enter ~

MattAY said:
^ I thought that at first - you get used to it though.

I'm not too far yet, but I'm loving it. As soon as I got bombarded with mole rats and me and Dog went at them I was like, "aaah, it's back!"

Although health on Dog...do I have to keep an eye on that because I cant tell at the moment??

You don't need to worry about his health. He's not op like the dog in Fallout 3 but he won't die because of his wound. I stopped using stimpacks on him and he just got right back up. Also you could equip armor on the little guy. :D

http://i.imgur.com/EOO4DcL.jpg

Green_Lantern said:
Oh and the Pipboy absolutely sucks. I get realism and all, but you can barely see what's on the screen.
You could zoom in on the screen.

I accidentally sent Dogmeat somewhere and didn't see where I sent him. For a god 4-5 hours, I had no dog. This is probably stupid, but can you repair weapons in the game? I know in Fallout 3 if you had two of the same weapon, you can repair them together and make a valuable weapon.

cyberjim2000 said:
Also you could equip armor on the little guy. :D

http://i.imgur.com/EOO4DcL.jpg
With convenient carry handle, i see.

Am i the only one who laughed manically upon first getting the power armor and hearing the stomps followed by the cries of my enemies?
Literally nothing better.

I'm also glad i decided to do a new playthrough on the PC after doing it the hard way and first screwing with the town, then the station and then realizing you actually need those resources and you can't get them back properly...
If you're about to play it for the first time, my advice is wait until you become a Shining Metallic God before messing around with the town building, save yourself a lot of trouble.

I tried out the settlement feature last night. It's pretty fun.

I also had a lot of fun donning the power armor for the first time and mowing down raiders with a gatling gun. Dropping from the roof of a building (which normally, the fall alone would kill me) and landing in a heavy thud Iron Man style? That's awesome. :)

Wow. This game could get *stupidly* hard if you go to certain places without the power armor or a butt load of ammo for actual guns. I've gotten to the point where bandits will grenade spam me to death if I'm not careful.

UghRochester said:
This is probably stupid, but can you repair weapons in the game? I know in Fallout 3 if you had two of the same weapon, you can repair them together and make a valuable weapon.

No, they took that out and replaced it with crafting. You can take your extra guns and scrap them for parts and use the parts to modify your existing gun.

The crafting is very similar to Skyrim if you are familiar with that.

I've spent most of my time wandering around clearing out buildings of raiders, mutants, and ghouls and hoarding all the junk I find so I can craft more and have not progressed in the story much at all.

Green_Lantern said:
Not yet, but I did pick up the Righteous Authority as a level 7.
That's the reward you get for helping The Brotherhood of Steel, right?. There's a comic book store in the game called Hubries or something that. There's a sweet ax called Grognak's Ax, which replicated the comic. If you make it to the top of building through all the ghouls, and the ghoul called "The Glowing One", there lies a couple costumes.

C_nate said:
I've spent most of my time wandering around clearing out buildings of raiders, mutants, and ghouls and hoarding all the junk I find so I can craft more and have not progressed in the story much at all.
Having seen the rarity of the story-based trophies on PSN, that's what everyone has been doing.

I leveled up once by doing literally nothing but building, went from just in level 6 to half way through 7 before my base was finished.

I'm so glad weapons don't deteriorate anymore. It was really annoying in Fallout 3 to have to repair weapons with other similar weapons, especially when you've got that unique gauss rifle from Operation Anchorage.

I also hated the weapon degradation. It was especially apparent in new vegas when you got real world weapons, like the 9mm pistol which is actually a browning hi-power, only able to shoot 745 rounds before breaking.
They're known in the real world to survive tens of thousands even when abused.

So yep, very glad that shit's gone.

Yo deez, can you test this out:
http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-performan ... to-report/

Can't help but feel those results are bullshit, surely it's more VRAM intensive

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle