Fallout 4

C_nate said:
I used a combination of the concrete foundation blocks and the floors on stilts. gives you a nice flat surface to build off of.

I think the concrete blocks is the way to go.

Really makes building on rough edges much easier and more neat for all your OCD needs.

I'll have to investigate this. I found heaps of resources on the island, so I wouldn't mind building something there.

My biggest settlement by far is Sanctuary. While I do have a lot of settlements unlocked, I've only given attention to a few smaller settlements that already had established people and homes.

Nice!

I played some more Fallout 4 last night and probably stayed up way later than I should have... I started focusing on building a settlement on that island, but unfortunately I'm out of steel and need more.

I've returned home to Sanctuary and holy crap I have a lot of resources now. Spent some time expanding Sanctuary as well as its defenses.

Frickin' happiness keeps dropping. :/ 85% yesterday, down to 70% today.

Just a heads up, with the beta patch the silly cunts removed the ability to access the data menu and enable .esps.

So now the work around is:

Add your mod to the data folder, start the game, then quit.

In C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fallout4 open plugins.txt and copy and paste what is in DLCList.txt in the same folder into plugins.txt then save and close. Set plugins.txt to read only after, otherwise FO4 will erase the changes you made. At least that is what worked for me since it automatically seems to see the esps in your folder and write them to DLCList.txt

You MUST drop the mod in and start the game first, then quit otherwise DLCList.txt will not be updated with the mods you just added to the data folder. Do NOT delete Fallout4.esm from plugins.txt paste your list after that.

No update yet, as far as I'm aware.

Edit: As Sourdeez has already said, update 1.2 is live on PC. Bethesda has announced that the update will be rolled out to console later this week.

My settlement's happiness dropped to 40% last night. People were apparently complaining about the bed situation (18 people, 25 beds) and one of my settlers gave me a mission to go take care of some raiders, which I failed because I didn't realize it was a timed quest.

What I found ridiculous is that my settlement has a defense of like... nearly 300. But when I failed this timed quest ("Raiders are threatening us, stealing food etc."), I came back to my settlement to find that all my food was down from 50, to 0. I had to round up everyone in the settlement with the bell and make them do some farming. I just find it stupid that despite my high defense, I can still technically be "attacked" if I miss side quests.

At the very least, the food's been restored. I've set up more bedding (now 35 beds), every guard post is manned and all the small stores are operated by someone. I've even added some juke boxes in some of the houses, so happiness is slowly climbing up again.

I also discovered if you ring your settlement's bell, it pulls everyone away from their jobs, so be sure to re-assign people to their old, or new jobs.

I believe I read that the bed situation isn't necessarily about the number, but also where they're located. Apparently people don't like having beds right next to each other.

Ah, that'll be it then. I've set up a lot of the bedding in my main settlement to be almost like a dormitory setting, simply because there's not enough space to give people their own individual rooms.

Might be able to wall some stuff off and see if that makes a difference. We'll see. There might be enough room but it means I'm gonna have to rework my settlement, which will be challenging too considering I'm almost at the build limit.

I read online that apparently you have to assign a bed to each settler. If a bed is already assigned, then settlers won't sleep on it and some settlers may not find a bed to sleep on, despite the amount of beds you make.

The whole thing in regards to the settlements was just poorly designed and poorly implemented. I've been messing around on a second playthrough and I still can't get a settlement above 80% happiness. There is an achievement for getting it to 100% but unless there is some trick or something I'm missing, I just don't get it.

I'll be testing that settlement score thing later. I'm gonna level sanctuary and start the entire thing fresh and see if i can keep the happiness high by doing everything you'd expect, like separate rooms, excess food+water, tons of power and defence, shops+caravan, etc.

See if it's just a shitty design rather than something specific.

Alright so after a few hours i've noticed that the happiness meter is just bullshit.

As far as i can tell, it has no basis on what you build or do, it just fluctuates at complete random.
Now while this might be realistic (i'd be unhappy if it was storming and the retard building my house couldn't make a roof without holes, too), from a gameplay standpoint it pisses me off.

My sanctuary now only houses 16 people and i made damn sure i had 32+ of everything. 32 beds, 20 of which are in separate little rooms (prefab metal huts) with a chair, TV, storage chest, ceiling fan, radio, entry mat and 2 paintings. Water purified and from wells, every single type of plantable food outside of that water berry thing, a specific entertainment area with a table with a bar stocked with booze, multiple little stores, etc etc
I've seen it as high as 85 and then after a few hours seen it sitting at 47, and then watched it go back up again.

Bah, i say. Just make something you enjoy and throw some bloody sleeping bags out in the dirt next to crops of nothing but corn. They're gonna be whining little shits anyway, give them something to complain about.

Clothing shops and the food/drink shops apparently increase happiness. As does having a doctor's clinic.

I've done some research online and I've found what causes the apparent bed issue... and it's stupid A.I. I'll explain.

When you build beds, you're supposed to assign settlers to their beds. If you don't, settlers at night will randomly find a bed and sleep on it. Other settlers will then come to the same bed, find that the bed is already taken, and instead of going to another bed, they just don't go to bed at all.

I've also read that you need to make the beds easily accessible in terms of pathways. So if you have beds built closely together to the point that you yourself can't walk in between them, then that means your settlers can't access the bed.

I was confused by this. My Sanctuary Hills has 18 settlers with 35 beds, but I had people complain about the bed situation, claiming they had to sleep in shifts. I thought this was ridiculous, because again, 18 settlers, 35 beds.

Last night I got rid of a few beds and I made sure that each bed was easily accessible. I also took the time to frustratingly assign each settler their own bed. I then eventually saw the happiness meter rise from 40, to 49 in about half an hour, and I haven't heard one settler complain about "the bed situation".

The more time you spend in your settlement, the happier your settlers will be. This one is kinda dumb, because you should be spending your time exploring the Commonwealth and doing quests, not hanging out in your digital home.

I also discovered that the higher your charisma, them more settlers will come to your settlement. If your charisma is 10, then you can have 20 settlers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft