Fallout 4

cyberjim2000 said:
http://www.techinsider.io/fallout-4-dlc-mod-support-details-2015-12

They're planning on giving mod support for the XBO and PS4 but the question would be, how complex will they be without a script extender? Then again Skyrim Script Extender could be found on Steam so who knows.

I wouldn't mind it, but honestly outside of a few things the game is decent.

Although I must admit, I went back to Fallout New Vegas...and honestly, I still think its a better game in the end.

I think NV was better in terms of story, where more things you did had an actual impact. In the new one, nothing you do outside of the main story line matters at all, you still get the same cut scene at the end.

As for mods, I've started to use them. First I got the bug fix one since I learned on my melee character that rank 5 of big leaguer is still messed up (among other things)

For my sniper, I got this mod that lets you put the legendary affix you want on your weapon. Some people may consider it cheating, but I've put in over 200 hours and have yet to see a two shot gauss rifle so far and the last week have been playing on very hard and really have not seen that many more legendary enemies. Some people have resorted to abusing reloading saves before killing legendary enemies to get the weapon they want (as if that's any better), I decided to skip the middleman. I put in my time.

I finally got ballistic weaving. Now I'm a walking tank.

For those who don't know, ballistic weaving can be unlocked by completing a few quests for the Railroad faction. Ballistic weaving allows you to modify clothing, basically making it armored. By having the armor perk at level 4, my military fatigues give me an additional 110 damage resistance and energy resistance. So with my combat armor worn over my military fatigues, I've got nearly 300 damage/energy resistance.

I've also acquired the legendary weapon, the Overseer's Guardian. It's a combat rifle that fires two shots per trigger pull (at no extra ammunition cost). I'm using this as my main gun now, as I've got over a thousand bullets for it and does nearly 200 damage per shot (my Rifleman perk is at level 4, plus I have the Lone Wanderer perk maxed out).

From the Railroad, I also bought a gauss rifle that was quite cheap (about 250 caps). I've fully modded the gauss rifle, now it does nearly 500 damage per shot. I've managed to one shot legendary super mutants and even a legendary glowing death claw.

I also got the jet pack for my X-01 power armor. Sadly, it's not that good. You press jump, press jump again and hold and you go up, but it uses up your action points to use a jump and man, you don't go up very high. :/ I was hoping to go up to particular roof tops and stuff but uh, nope.

Oh well... I'm sorted for my guns, for now. Now to focus on my power armor. I've still yet to use my X-01 in combat.

I've burned out of Fallout 4 already. Nothing I do matters, combat is boring as fuck since I am a god at everything even on Hard, I have 1000 of every item without even trying, and the quests are just "Go here, kill raiders/ghouls."

Oh well. I got a good amount of enjoyment from it.

I'm slowly burning out with Fallout 4 too. I think I'm now prepared to do the main storyline, since I can now one shot legendary death claws.

I'm still holding out for the next patch or driver but with final exams this week I will have more time to game.

Finally got 100 Happiness in a large settlement. It was a ball-ache though. Took me 3-4 hours or so.

About 16 Tier 3 clinics all manned (depending on your Charisma stat), food must be Nutfruits so fewer people are tending to them (6 crops per person). I got to 99 then a down arrow appeared, so I had to remove a "General" store and replace it with a "Cilinic" store...seemed to get rid of the down arrow.
Then I have no idea how, but it went back to 99 with a down arrow, then in this state, went UP to 100 with a red down arrow...

...basically fuck knows.

Nice work on the 100 happiness and the platinum trophy, MattAY! ;)

The happiness system is annoying. I've given up on trying to make Sanctuary Hills happy. If I stick around, the happiness rises, but as soon as I leave it drops dramatically. I'm sorry Sanctuary, but I have a goddamn game to play.

I've started to help out smaller settlements, giving them enough food, water and security to get by. I really need to start doing the main story soon.

After about 80 or so hours of game play, I finally decided to do the main story of Fallout 4.

The main story was... okay. Some nice twists, not the best told. Sadly, the game forces you to ally with one of the main groups to get an ending. I sided with the Minutemen, as everyone else seemed like a bunch of dicks. I wasn't too happy with my ending, it felt very generic and was essentially black and white video for a couple of minutes.

Now that the game's over, I can finally put it down. I've left out a lot of stuff, and I mean a lot of side quests, but I can't bring myself to continue playing.

I've put in a few hundred hours now and have done a different character and build for each faction ending. Just finished getting all the achievements unlocked too.

For all the problems I had with parts of the story and problems I had with bugs and settlements, I still had fun with the game and more than got my monies worth out of it. I'm finally, after all this time, winding down now and have starting going back to playing other things.

Just have to wait for all the inevitable dlc now.

It might become playable after couple more years of (heavy) modding and bug fixing. Maybe.

PS I kid, I kid... I like it, and some tasty DLCs are on the way <3

UghRochester said:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/02/23/fallout-4-mods-ps4-in-june-2016/
Surprised GR didn't mention this. Mods are coming to consoles hopefully soon.

It's coming.

Although i'm still waiting for Console Mod Support in the end, which is likely not going to happen.

Some people may not have to buy any of the DLCs if they participate in the beta.
Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version (complete with achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.

Source
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fa ... 6/02/16/77

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft