Fallout 4

I'm just gonna haul this out when I'm grabbing the trophy. Which will be soon actually! I'm keeping to one settlement. Don't see the point in having multiple settlements if you can fast travel...

That's what I've heard Craig, tips like that is what I'll be doing all in one go. Apparently sleeping 24 hours has some sort of effect. I've got 18 settlers with like 30 food and 60 water, 130 defense (all turrets!!) and like 25 beds. Happiness is always in the 80s for me, I tend to go back to Sanctuary Hills fairly often everytime both me and my companion are full on junk (by the way, I'm shagging Cait at the moment...don't know why I find her attractive!!)

Having highest level shops with assigned people on them helps (you'll need relevant perks to do this - which sucks balls). Along with assigning people to crop harvesting.
But the internet says you have to stay in the settlement and do all this shit for about 4 hours to get 100% happiness.

Green_Lantern said:
I believe I read that the bed situation isn't necessarily about the number, but also where they're located. Apparently people don't like having beds right next to each other.

Sure beats getting shot by a raider you ingrates.

cyberjim2000 said:
http://www.gosunoob.com/fallout-4/how-to-raise-happiness-in-settlements/

Seems like decorations, leisure, and just hanging out with your villagers is the key. I don't think I'd be happy with just "surviving" either. Gotta think Civilization here, guys: https://youtu.be/FlTIk80uBPg?t=5m53s

Worked for me. Made a few bars and shops, and apparently we can recruit certain NPCs and random encounters to be merchants for us too at high levels, giving us exotic items in the high end shops.

The little things go a long way.

Since I'm a console peasant playing Fallout 4 on PS4, I've actually run out of space to build in my Sanctuary Hills settlement. Not so much run out space, but I've reached the limit in what I can build. Basically, I can't even build a Goddamn chair.

My defense is very high, 275, so I'm thinking about removing some turrets so I can build some particular stores.

Also the new console patch is live. I've yet to play with the patch so I don't know how much of a difference it'll be.

The patch fixes the cap glitch, so make the most out of it before updating.
Then tell the rest of us how it goes. Still having skyrim flashbacks so i'm definitely holding back a day or 2.

You should've been playing on PC, man. The GECK isn't even out yet and it's already a much, much better experience, if for no other reason than you can skip the fucking console hacking minigame.

I don't think it matters anymore since a lot features from Fallout 4 including the whole settlement concept were mods from the previous games... minus the nudie mods. You guys are missing out on the nudie mods. I'm hoping for an ammo bench, ammo types, and a better way to command your companions being mods in the future. I also could see driveable cars and motorcycles being a thing too.

cyberjim2000 said:
I don't think it matters anymore since a lot features from Fallout 4 including the whole settlement concept were mods from the previous games... minus the nudie mods. You guys are missing out on the nudie mods. I'm hoping for an ammo bench, ammo types, and a better way to command your companions being mods in the future. I also could see driveable cars and motorcycles being a thing too.

Would be nice for an ammo bench.

I also want more weapons and craftables personally...and more companions.

Yeah, if they release a Game of the Year edition of Fallout 4, I'll get it for PC.

As for the patch, well, I haven't noticed anything yet, but then again I haven't really built anything in my settlement because I've reached the limit capacity.

I spent a fair bit of time modding my guns last night. I finally got Gun Nut level 4 as I hit level 39, so I've been modding my assault rifle, which is easily my new favourite gun. I just need to find a lot of adhesive and aluminium and then it'll be complete.

I really need to start doing story missions soon, but there's just so much to explore!

I've yet to be killed by one of those super mutant suicide bombers. They scare the shit out of me though every time I hear that goddamn ticking.

Still, shooting their mini nuke is fun.

So I've been messing around a little bit more with the settlements and I've come to the conclusion that they are fundamentally broken from being able to use them in any meaningful way and still being able to obtain the achievement.

I will admit, you can still have a little fun with settlements and you can just build purely for aesthetics so long as you don't care about the broken happiness meter and understand you will probably never be able to get the achievement like that.

Here is how I've come to this conclusion. Exhibit A: My Sanctuary

As you can see, my Sanctuary has more than plenty of all the basic needs. In addition to that, I followed all of the so called "urban legends" of raising happiness. Each house has power, lights, a tv, rugs, paintings and only one bed per room (no more than 2 beds per house) On top of all that, I even built a little trading square with all the best shops:

There are settlers assigned to each shop. Each settler is assigned a job and they are all assigned individual beds.

My happiness for this settlement topped out at 85% and as soon as I left it instantly dropped, leading me to believe what some people are saying about tv's being bugged is true.

Exhibit B: My drive in cinema settlement. For this exhibit, I went and did some research and read different things and found out there was one proven, sure fire way to get a settlement to 100% happiness and I wanted to try it for myself to see if it worked.

So settler, you want your own private living quarters complete with furnishings? Fuck you, how about a two story metal box completely bare except for beds, light bulbs, and divider walls cause I was feeling generous.

No rugs, no paintings, no tvs, no radios, no couches, no nothing but a north korea style labor camp and a line of beds and yet, this settlement is at 100% happiness.

How?

Clinics.

Turns out if you build 17 level 3 clinics, and make sure each one has a settler assigned to it (almost forgot to mention that after assigning a settler to a job, I then assigned them each individually to a bed) and as long as your food, water, and defense are acceptable, you are pretty much guaranteed 100% after sleeping for a few 24 hour periods in that settlement.

Look at that stupid shit and tell me it's not broken. I've had lots of fun with most of the game, but this goes back to what I said earlier about settlements being poorly designed and implemented. Horseshit is the only word that comes to mind really.

Well, that's my rant for the day.

P.S. (Full disclosure, I obviously used the console to give myself all the materials and caps needed to test these out.)

Love what one super mutant suicide bomber said to me,

"Only one of us is walking out of this."

Says the bastard trying to blow us both up.

Looks like it's just corvega at the moment.
Although i don't see why this is a problem that needed to be 'fixed' on PC, i didn't notice that much of a drop on PC.
Definitely needed to be done on the potato boxes, though. Sacrifice some prettiness so the game runs at something more than fucking 20FPS? Yes pls.

The lighting and shadows are pretty much the only part of FO4 that actually looks good right now. I think we'll see 10gb of not-shit textures and meshes first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod