Comic Book Reading Club - PLANET HULK

used44 said:
Lets try for something again that is short. Like 3-6 issues. Just as another trial run. Then we can go larger. If everybody agrees to go for a big series now, that's fine, it was just a thought I had.
I agree with used on the length, a shorter book will also lower the cost-of-entry bar for this second-chance run.

I agree with Daniel agreeing with used. I do want to read AvX, but that would be quite a bit to start with.

I went searching for a few other ideas, but nearly everyone I found is a lot longer than I thought they would be. I included them anyway along with page length. Most I haven't read yet, but I did include Kingdom Come and Marvels because I can't recommend them enough. Most are on par price-wise with what X-Men Noir was.

The Infinity Gauntlet, 256 pages

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear, 224 pages

Astonishing X-Men, 320 pages

The Marvels Project, 208 pages

Ultimates, vol 1, 160 pages

Batman: Arkham Asylum, 216 pages

Kingdom Come, 232 pages

Marvels, 248 pages

danielrbischoff said:
700 free marvel comics via Comixology (website or app on iPhone and iPad).

Lets pick a series with a sizeable free chunk and read that.

I like free. Free is good.

Those 700 free comics are all Issue #1s. So there's not exactly a sizable chunk of anything.

Yes. Have you read it? I'm unapologetically a fan of Miller's superhero stuff, so I'm down.

Only problem, it's not on the app, but I can have a TPB on its way asap if chosen.

Ordered.

I also got myself King City and The Manhattan Projects while I was at it.

That's what I got, though I really like the first run cover from 1994 so I almost went with a used copy, but alas, similar price and free shipping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle