Movie Club - A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night

I liked Michael Keaton's Batman the best before Birdman came out and made it cool.

As for Hoodwinked, it was great! I really liked the beginning and the middle... and, um, the end. Yup! Gotta love the three act structure. Ahem....

Look just let me in your club...

nohomers1c.gif

Aw, shit son.

Um... since Terminator: Genysis came out, and also since I watched Terminator 2: Judgement Day... let's look at where it all began. :)

zg3634_terminator%20I.jpg

I watched Hoodwinked...not bad.

It's basically the family fairy-tale version of the short story In a Grove, which was made famous as the Kurosawa movie Rashomon. Now there is a movie we should watch sometime...

Decent jokes and pacing, solid voice cast, was surprised by how good they were and glad to see the likes of Tom Kenny and Tara Strong in the mix with celebs like Anne Hathaway and Jim Belushi.

Only criticicism is the film looks real cheap in animation standards, were talking Ralph Bakshi "ive run out of money" standards here.

Still, enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

I saw Terminator again and it is still just as awesome as it was over 30 years ago. You can tell we've come a long way in terms of special effects but what a damn good action flick.

I do like Michael Biehn.

Which Jim Cameron action movie do you guys think is his best? Terminator? Aliens? True Lies?

Gotta be Aliens, I think the vibe of camaraderie among the squad became an action movie trope after that.

WickedLiquid said:
I saw Terminator again and it is still just as awesome as it was over 30 years ago. You can tell we've come a long way in terms of special effects but what a damn good action flick.

I also love this movie. I remember, I first watched it when I was just a kid, so when I saw the trailer I told my bf I want to watch Terminator, but he doesn't like it. </3

StudioTan said:
I do like Michael Biehn.

Which Jim Cameron action movie do you guys think is his best? Terminator? Aliens? True Lies?

T2.

I think one thing I really loved about this was before it hit Blockbuster my mom rented the first one a week before. I had an 8 year jump in technology in just a week. The CGI special effects on the T-1000 were just mind blowing compared to the stop motion in the first movie. I mean T2 was already amazing for its time but to see part 1 and then 2 both for the first time right next to each other just gave T2 an even bigger wow factor.

used44 said:
Gotta be Aliens, I think the vibe of camaraderie among the squad became an action movie trope after that.

image.jpg

Wicked, your mom is so cool. My mom turned off the VCR on the Nutty Professor during the dinner table scene. I was like 13 hahaha; no language in that movie that I hadn't already added to my vocabulary.

Alright, I'm down.

Oh right, and Terminator was even better watching it now. Though as Genysis proved, it is one of those movies that you could only make at the time. No way could they do that now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo