Movie Club - A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Yo hey, time for movie club. Comic book club worked that one time we read Planet Hulk so obviously this will work flawlessly on the first try.

Let's get a small group of people genuinely interested, then nominate (or randomly select?) one of us to choose the first film to be viewed and discussed.

I like the sound of this.

I'm hoping to see Mad Max: Fury Road next weekend so that's a start I suppose.

I'm down.

How about we all watch something old that is easy to access? Like old Humphrey Bogart films.

Yeah, I think we would be wise to choose movies that are easily accessed via renting, streaming, or otherwise viewing at home. Plus, that would probably make for more interesting and personal recommendations. I'm terrible at making time to go see a film in theaters, but I can't speak for everyone of course.

I like films, although not a lot of time to watch them. I'm like Used, best to go with non-cinema films to begin with.

Club Member #69

We should go through Stanley Kubrick and Sergio Leone films first, those should be easily accessible.

Ok, that's probably enough people to begin with the movie selection process so we can all watch it before Monday.

More people can join in the Club, of course, but let's get the dang thing started.

I entered the eight replies into a random number generator and the result was #2. BRETIMUS!

So, Brett, it's your pick.

UghRochester said:
We all use Netflix, right?

We should pick Netflix movies because thats easier than going to the theater. or if we plan on doing a theater film we have to get enough time in advance to give people time to see it.

But this is a good idea - selecting the films would be tricky, but give us at least a day or two to watch it before we discuss.

UrbanMasque said:
UghRochester said:
We all use Netflix, right?

We should pick Netflix movies because thats easier than going to the theater. or if we plan on doing a theater film we have to get enough time in advance to give people time to see it.

But this is a good idea - selecting the films would be tricky, but give us at least a day or two to watch it before we discuss.

I would say not necessarily just Netflix, just anything that's been out on DVD/Blu Ray for a while.

For me at least, most new movies don't ever get to my little 4 screen theater...

Chef it is! I've seen it before, but I liked it very much so I'll watch it again this weekend and take some notes.

Meet here on Monday to discuss!

Good, it's on Netflix. That means I don't have to torrent it. I'll probably watch it Monday when I'm off from work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle