Comic Showdown noms - This topic can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackStar said:
Paradox said:
Some of these picks are making me run to Wikipedia more than I'd care to admit, but keep em coming.

Seriously, Bret wasn't kidding. Can I nominate some more people who will actually make it past the first round?

I picked one character that will go far.
Two if you people read Scalped.

BlackStar said:
Can I nominate some more people who will actually make it past the first round?

I will be trying to avoid three-way matches this year, so if I need to fill some brackets I'll solicite more nominees. Stay tuned.

I call dibs, and another set of dibs for Links. The Dark Horses will ride into the sunset of round 2!

By my count (not counting Dan's second TMNT nomination), you only need 4 more characters to get to a field of 64, which would be the optimal number for a head-to-head bracket without any 3-way matches. Are you going to stop there or try for 128? Anything in between is either going to call for some creativity on your part (Round robin first round, for example) or is going to have to include some 3-way matches.

I'd be interested in supplying another set as well, of you want to push for 128.

Yeah, I've been debating in my head about 64 or 128. If you guys think we can fill 128 with enough characters without having to resort to ones like Joker henchman #3, I would love to go the distance.

Alright then.

Anyone who has already submitted their four picks may submit four more, along with another team if you wish (I'm trying to get those to 32). 

Anyone who has not put forth any nominees may pick eight and up to two teams. 

I have so many unused characters in my head right now, so if we can get even somewhat close to 128 I'm sure I can fill it out. 

Going 128 eh...

Lets get some obscurity happening!

Blue Beetle
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Usagi Yojimbo
Arcade

And let's throw in The Illuminati for good measure. They are in comics, right?

Black Adam
Jay Garrick
Captain America
Doctor Doom

The Defenders

And Links, it's usually bad measure to throw in a group who might not even exist. But, yes.

It exists; it's in The Marvel Encyclopedia.

Sven (Northlanders)
Agent Graves (100 Bullets)
Matty Roth (DMZ)
Delirium (The Sandman)

The Cabal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members