2012 Comic Book Showdown winner- Daniel's pick: Spider-Man!

Tragic. I feel like doing this:

Deathpp.PNG

^^^Actually, Batman was eliminated in Round 2 by Psylocke.

I know I was playing the role of Uatu during all this, but I was pulling for Black Adam. Not that I'm disappointed that he lost and Spider-Man won; Spidey is awesome.

I was mainly happy to see some lesser appreciated characters make it as far as they did, particularly Adam and Donna Troy.

What I don't get is why people are like "awww man, Spider-Man won?"

Seriously, Spider-Man is awesome. I'm surprised he hasn't won already. Of course everyone here is weird, but Spider-Man is TOTALLY deserving of the GR Comic Book Showdown crown.

Didn't you, daniel? And I concur that Spidey is totally deserving of the crown. Past winners have been Wolverine, Joker, Venom (I think), and Batman (twice). I'm glad a new champ rose to the top.

THAT'S RIGHT!! WOO!

2nd place singles in the GRumble
1st place team in the GRumble
aaaannnnddd WINNER OF THE COMIC BOOK SHOWDOWN 2012!

I'm on fire this year!

You love me! You really love me!

medium_celebrationa.gif

I do spam the boards quite a bit huh?

Edit: I'll try to stop, but my post count is loving it. I have quite a bit to catch up with all of you.

Paradox said:
I changed the topic title just for you, Dan.

And congrats to Wes for choosing The X-Men.
Hooray! Congrats to Wes. Honestly, with what little experience I've had running stuff like this on the forums, I really have to give Paradox and the rest of the showdown team a hand. There's a ton of effort and organization and dedication to GR that goes into this stuff, but it is so much fun in the end, even if it's a reason to check the forums once a day.

I'm trying to do a really good job on this Mafia game so I hope everyone has fun. Then once there's a lull I might take over April Awesomeness from Bret.

OK, and sorry to keep doing this... I must be the only one on the forums right now, but if someone can recommend a good Black Adam trade paperback or graphic novel that I can get off Amazon, I will do so within half an hour of their suggestion.

Edit: I'll even post a screen of my order to prove it. You all love Black Adam so much I might as well find out why.

Ooh, that one's leaning on the more modern side of things. I was going to say I'd prefer a newer title. If Longo makes an impassioned argument for a different book I'll change my mind, but that's in my shopping cart right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod