Comic Showdown Champions - Batman and The X-Men!!

Paradox

Soaring Phoenix
and so it begins. the final count is 94 individuals and 29 teams. to make sure this doesnt turn into the '09 comic showdown, we'll start with 4 matchups of singles and 2 matchups of teams per day. each match will go for 24 hours-ish. if the vote turn out is low, i may let it go another day. i myself will only vote in the event of a tie. who will emerge victorious? thats up to you to decide.

one more thing: feel free to be creative. if you wish to write a short scenario describing a battle for the matchup, we'd love to read 'em.

Mystique
mystique5gi.jpg

vs.

Wolverine
wolverine5.gif

Catwoman
catwoman.jpg

vs.

Shadowcat
shadowcat03grand.jpg

The Question
mt1161747809.jpg

vs.

Phantom Stranger
PhantomStranger2.jpg

Ra's al Ghul
rbatcvm5.jpg

vs.

Spider-man 2099
sp2099.gif

Gaurdians of the Galaxy
440px-Gotg-ps.JPG

vs.

The Avengers
AvengersStatue.gif

Justice League
danmur-27.jpg

vs.

Age of Apocolpyse X-Men
300px-X-Men_(AoA)_003.jpg

Wolverine
Catwoman
The Question
Spiderman 2099

The Avengers
Justice League

Wolverine
Shadowcat
The Question
Ra's al Ghul

The Avengers
Justice Leauge

Wolveine
Catwoman
NO VOTE
Spider-man 2099

I can tell right from the beginning the teams are going to be tough choices!

The Avengers
Justice Leauge

Wolverine - He is the best at what he does. One of those things is beating Mystique

Shadowcat - She phases her hand into catwoman's head 9 times. Game over.

Phantom Stranger - Considering that 1) The Question is currently dead, 2) The Phantom Stranger is nigh-immortal, 3) cannot even be killed by The Specter, and 4) has powers comparable to The Specter, yeah, gonna go with him.

Spider-Man 2099 - Being a part of the Exiles team he has seen and fought more than most other characters. An old guy, granted founder of the League of Assassins, wouldn't stand much chance.

Avengers - First off, this was not the Guardians of the Galaxy team I meant. I should have been more clear in the current team, so my fault. But yeah, Avengers would win against this team.

Justice League - AoA X-Men are an impressive team, but they do not have the stability of Earth 1 Justice League. Plus Superman = Hax.

Mystique - Mystique morphs into hybrid character Cyber and Jean Grey, the only 2 characters I believe Wolverine has ever feared. Logan sees the face of an angel on the body of a brute and it drives him insane. He runs himself through by his own hand.

Shadowcat
The Question [is that Q, the guy from Street Fighter 3?, yep, it is laaawsuiiit]
Ra's al Ghul
The Avengers
Justice League

Re: Comic Showdown '08 (Round 1)

Wolverine
Shadowcat
Phantom Stranger
Ra's al Ghul
The Avengers
Age of Apocolpyse X-Men

Wolverine
Shadowcat
The Question
Spiderman 2099

Avengers
Justice League - Why? Because Justice is awsome

Wolverine-They Just finished an arc in Wolverine where him and Mystique have a battle royal and Wolvie was the victor.
Shadowcat
Phantom Stranger
Spiderman 2099

Avengers
Justice League

Chris_Crime said:
Mystique - Mystique morphs into hybrid character Cyber and Jean Grey, the only 2 characters I believe Wolverine has ever feared. Logan sees the face of an angel on the body of a brute and it drives him insane. He runs himself through by his own hand.

That's true, but Wolverine is a badass character. I'm not a fanboy, but if I ever have a son I'll name him Logan because that is such a hardcore name.

Of course, I'll act like I've never read a comic so he doesn't grow to hate his name.

GhostTrip said:
Chris_Crime said:

That's true, but Wolverine is a badass character. I'm not a fanboy, but if I ever have a son I'll name him Logan because that is such a hardcore name.

Of course, I'll act like I've never read a comic so he doesn't grow to hate his name.

We could also just mention that Wolverine, with his heightened sense of smell would realize it was Mystique right away, but you know, to each his own.

True, but not all showdowns can be determined by who would realistically win. Because eventually you'd have to pair up two characters that would be an unfair fight. So that's when popularity comes in.

But also Wolverine killed Jean Grey, his "weakness"... okay, so it was in X3. But he still did it!

GhostTrip said:
But also Wolverine killed Jean Grey, his "weakness"... okay, so it was in X3. But he still did it!

Nothing, and I mean nothing in X3 should ever be taken seriously :p.

I'm not %100 on this but I think that Logan kills Jean Grey towards the end of the New X-Men Grant Morrison run too.

GhostTrip said:
True, but not all showdowns can be determined by who would realistically win. Because eventually you'd have to pair up two characters that would be an unfair fight. So that's when popularity comes in.

You mean like Phantom Stranger, who is regarded by DCs supernatural beings as invincible, against The Question?

Also, in the second Exiles arc, an alternate universe Wolverine kills Phoenix Jean Grey when the Phoenix takes over in order to kill the universe. This Phoenix first kills Cyclops and Storm, just proving how powerful it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle