The Sixth Annual GR Showdown - Bowl Season

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (6)
Resident Evil 4

The Legend of Zelda

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (12)
The Masamune Bowl: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (6)
The Ridley Bowl: Resident Evil 4 (5)

The GFNW Bowl: The Legend of Zelda

Choosing between RE4 and God of War was difficult.

GTASA and MGS2 tie 6-6.
MGS3 beats KD 7-3.
RE4 beats GoW 8-4.

LoZ beats RaC 6-4.

The Master Hand Bowl: Final Fantasy VII (4) VS. Goldeneye 007 (9)
The Eat Until You Explode Bowl: Final Fantasy VIII (3) VS. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (19)

The Do A Barrel Roll Bowl: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 VS. Tetris

FF7
FF8

Sonic

The Master Hand Bowl: Goldeneye 007 (9)
The Eat Until You Explode Bowl: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (19)

The Do A Barrel Roll Bowl: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

FF7 beats GE 5-4.
FF8 beats KOTOR 5-3.

Sonic and Tetris tie 4-4.

Sonic and Tetris were involved in the Division I-AA championship match, and can thus therefore not end in a tie. If someone who did not vote in the last round shows up during this Division I-A final, they can vote to break the tie in that match.

AND NOOOOWWWWW....THE GR ANNUAL SHOWDOWN'S FINALS!

Time to crown a new champion...who will join the ranks of Half-Life, Grand Theft Auto III, Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time?

METAL GEAR SOLID
VS.
STARCRAFT

At stake: For Metal Gear Solid, a chance to build the first dynasty in GR showdown history. As of now, no game has managed to win the GR showdown more than once. Should Metal Gear Solid pull this victory out, however, it will become a two-time champion, having won two championships in the last three years. This will also open the door to winning it next year, creating three championships in four years and, in the truest sense of the word, a dynasty.

As for Starcraft, it would be sweet justice. From 2002-2005, Starcraft made the final five, but never made the championship match, no doubt disappointing for the eternally popular game. In 2006, it made a 2nd round exit, in what can only be regarded a fluke. It finally making the finals in a showdown is already sweet enough, but can it actually pull out a win?

We will see. Time will only tell.

I vote...well, I know which game I like better, but SC hasn't won before...but knowing what this showdown should be about, I'll vote MGS.

May the best game, and by which I mean truly the best game, win.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod