2013 Comic Book Showdown: And the winner is...!

Paradox

Soaring Phoenix
And it begins...

I ran everything through a randomizer three times to keep the match-ups...random. I'll let these run for 24 to 36 hours or so, depending on my availability. If you want to have some fun with it, feel free to write a little paragraph or so about the battles.

Who will win this year, that's up to you!

Contenders

Captain Haddock
captainhaddock.jpg

vs

Spider-Man (Symbiote)
phgo91D_zps68764d24.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moon Knight
038_2_zps265c6558.jpg

vs

Sabertooth
1333719566_sabretooth_DA_zpscdcb4211.jpg

Batman
313-e1271141344946_zps73d32a46.jpg

vs

Red Robin (Tim Drake)
c37210aa-cd5a-4303-8558-837d4d607cce_zpsa7c68948.jpg

Mister Sinister
799882-219807_146644_mr_sinister_super_zps8a6a9d72.jpg

vs

Loki
loki005_zps892033e4.jpg

Teams

Street Sharks
dlrL0BY_zps7554d10f.jpg

vs

Heroes for Hire
Luke20Cage20Iron20Fist20Heroes20for20Hire20Show_zpsaacea409.jpg

Teen Titans
Teen_Titans_2_zpsbf921280.jpg

vs

Thundercats
Thundercat28329_zpsa5d9b429.jpg

I guess I'll write a bit in favor of my nomination, Symbiote Spider-Man.

I think everyone should vote for Symbi Spidey because the black duds are just fuckin' awesome. Added power, a new look, and the entire alien storyline make it one of my favorite arcs in comic book history, but you can't deny the way the Symbiote has spread and made itself a huge presence in the Marvel universe. How about the 1994 cartoon series? Peter Parker getting all confident and macking on Felicia Hardy, abandoning the suit in the bell tower and then eventually facing off with Carnage with Venom at his side. I don't want to belittle Captain Haddock, but I think the choice is obvious.

I don't really give a shit if you vote for Street Sharks though :p

Symbi Spider-Man
Moon Knight
Batman
Loki

Street Sharks
Teen Titans

danielrbischoff said:
you can't deny the way the Symbiote has spread and made itself a huge presence in the Marvel universe
The adventure of Tintin got translated in more then 60 languages, is still distributed to this day to around 100 countries and still making a profit to the publishers despite not making a new book since the 1970's.

I'm sorry... i didn't meant to interrupted you from presenting black spiderman like he's the mona lisa... by pointing out that captain haddock was FEATURED at the god darn louvre. I am not kidding. Please tell me more on how a space virus corrupted and spider bitten super hero that is mainly known by a small U.S. nerd committee has made a bigger impact in the world then the most read comic of all times. We are all ears.
captain_haddock_by_customind-d59sa1w.jpg

Now the choice is obvious.

Yeah but he's not a COMIC BOOK character. He's a COMIC STRIP character. Also the Louvre sucks for not having Spider-Man.

Who really belongs in this competition?

danielrbischoff said:
Yeah but he's not a COMIC BOOK character. He's a COMIC STRIP character. Also the Louvre sucks for not having Spider-Man.

Who really belongs in this competition?

Same thing in my book

Haddock

Moon Knight

Red Robin

Loki

Street Sharks

Thundercats

LinksOcarina said:
Same thing in my book
How? Do little orphan Annie and the Hulk really belong in the same realm? Again, I'm not saying that strip characters are terrible and that they should die in the fire, even though for the purposes of this competition they definitely should.

danielrbischoff said:
LinksOcarina said:
Same thing in my book
How? Do little orphan Annie and the Hulk really belong in the same realm? Again, I'm not saying that strip characters are terrible and that they should die in the fire, even though for the purposes of this competition they definitely should.

Yes.

LinksOcarina said:
danielrbischoff said:
LinksOcarina said:
Same thing in my book

Yes.
Waht link said and dude! Even spider man has a comic strip issue! And beside... tintin may have started as comic strip series but eventually became a comic book series to the rest of the world. Don't ya dare think you can win this on a technically!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle