Comic Showdown Champions - Batman and The X-Men!!

Batman
Even though Wolverine is invincible in all 10 minute fight basics, Batman just wouldnt be able to lose. Hed use a grappling hook in a pinch, something with odor if Logan gets to close, and Batman would probably be good close range too. People always think Logan has super strength, but he doesnt. Hes just had centuries to refine it. Theyre both extraordinary men, but its just that, men, that would let Batman win. Adamantite bones and healing factor cant equal up to Batmans gadgets and skills.

Batman!

Although realistically Wolverine would slaughter Batman. What good is a utility belt against adamantium bones that can not break and a healing power?

Wolverine scared? I don't think so. The only time Wolvie would be scared would be if a maniac was gonna kill Jean Grey, and Batman would never do that.

and winning the 2008 Comic Book Showdown with a score of 12 to 9 is....

Batman

111255-7277-batman_super.jpg

Batman joins The X-Men as the 2008 Comic Book Showdown Champions.

i thank everyone who voted and stuck around for past few weeks to make this a success. ill see you guys for the next one on '09. 8)

This is one of the best Showdowns ever conducted on the Forums. You kept my interest from beginning to very end, far exceeding my expectations for any Showdown. Good job Paradox.

And Congratulations to Batman. The rich get richer! :)

While the kickass and obvious choice loses :(.

Now I'm going to go vote for the party I don't even like because of this.

I would have voted for Batman if I was present. Good job, Paradox! I'm thinking archive.

Chris_Crime said:
Beast is what more comic book characters would be had their universe not been built upon the now cliche Cold War era. That's what the 'X-men' were all about in the beginning -- the differences between humans (usa) and mutants (non-usa beliefs) of that time.

But I always found the X-men to be timeless, because of the very themes of diversity, us vs them, the ideas of superiority and a "master" race over some and even the mix of ethnic, religious, and sexual differences of the characters themselves.

Let's face it, the X-Men and the entire universe they spawned is the most racially diverse, with positive and negative heroes from each continent represented, from numerous countries and religions and sexual orientations, working together and coexisting out of a similar goal, and even building bridges to those who are afraid of them.

That entire theme of bracing diversity and working together is crucial to the entire X-Men mythos in my mind. Like how some characters religious beliefs may clash even if they are working on a common goal, or how the diverse nature of the cast can affect their viewpoint of the world in a way. Magneto is a great villain, but is a tragic hero at the same time because of his past in concentration camps, I think his entire goal is make sure that the submission of those like him, his "people" so to say, never happens again, because it was fear, intolerance, and hatred that imprisoned him and killed his family, and it ironically turns him into a tyrant of sorts, as he tries to subjugate humans to make sure this happens.

It's that complexity that gives the X-Men such a strong niche, so it is more than just a "us vs them" mentality.

At Comic-Con, Grant Morrison talked about how on his run of the New X-Men, he had tried to take that mentality and make it more about kids vs. adults. Undermining an authority that is out of touch with today's youth and such. It took the whole dichotomy of intolerance and placed it within the mutant sub-culture as opposed to having them deal with humans who hated them.

LinksOcarina said:
Magneto is a great villain, but is a tragic hero at the same time because of his past in concentration camps, I think his entire goal is make sure that the submission of those like him, his "people" so to say, never happens again, because it was fear, intolerance, and hatred that imprisoned him and killed his family, and it ironically turns him into a tyrant of sorts, as he tries to subjugate humans to make sure this happens.

It's that complexity that gives the X-Men such a strong niche, so it is more than just a "us vs them" mentality.

Word.

This is I chose Marvel over DC a long time ago. DC was far more violent (which was awesome), but Marvel had that extra something that I was looking for.
It always felt like I was reading two stories in one when reading a Marvel comic book (particularly the X-men).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle