Comic Book Reading Club - PLANET HULK

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Fun idea?

The idea would be that we choose a book and read one issue per week, taking breaks to discuss. For example, all twelve issues of Watchmen, one at a time. Except everybody has already read Watchmen.

I think it would be best if we choose a series that none of us have read because then we would all be truly on the same page. Also, nobody read ahead so that our discussions aren't influenced by what comes next. People who have already read the book could join in on the discussion once the Club has reached the end, but before then we would ask that they stay pretty quiet.

Here's a short list of books I own but haven't read yet. If none of these match up with everybody else, I'll gladly buy whatever is chosen. I would like to start the first issue ASAP to see how it goes!

Action Comics: Brainiac
Amazing Spider-Man: Hooky
Astonishing X-Men
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight: Fear of Faith
DC: The New Frontier
DC Identity Crisis
Daredevil: Yellow
Halo Uprising
Hellboy (starting with book one)
Iron Man: Extremis
Iron Man: Legacy of Doom
JLA: Tower of Babel
Marvel: Fear Itself
Marvel: Secret Invasion
Superman: Birthright
Superman: The Man of Steel
Tales of the Teen Titans: Judas Contract
Wanted
We3
X-Men: Schism

I've been meaning to read the Marvel: Noir series. So, X-Men Noir, Daredevil Noir, etc.

Though I have a subscription to the Marvel Online Database, so anything that's on there is fine by me.

The only Noir series available to me on the Comixology/Marvel app are X-Men, Iron Man, Punisher, and Wolverine. Supposedly the two best ones are Daredevil and Spider-Man, so that's annoying...

I'd still be willing to try any of those four though. And I could even order the other two in print, but that would take longer.

Also, just bought the six-part Batman: Broken City arc because it's on sale. Looks great.

Great idea, used. Out of the ones you listed, I have Secret Invasion and Birthright, but I have already read them. I haven't added to my collection in awhile. What online or mobile friendly comic sites would be the best to possibly subscribe to?

Whatever Longo was talking about sounds pretty cool. I use the DC and Marvel Comixology apps for iPad. And I have hundreds of comics bought on them. Also have Image, Dark Horse, and IDW apps. They all work on my iPhone too but the iPad is much better.

I'm sure Comixology is on Android, etc.

I guess the "haven't already read" rule doesn't have to be adhered to every time, necessarily. But it sounds more fun, right? Especially if it's just the four or five of us. It shouldn't be that difficult to find something.

Without an iPad I'm probably not going to do the digital thing, so if we could pick something that's available in print I'd definitely participate.

I move for Daredevil Noir, but anything is cool.

I'd be willing to order some stuff to read for this. But It would have to be in print. I'm not reading comics on my cell phone.

http://marvel.com/digital_comics

You pay 50 bucks a year (though I think I have some discount codes) for unlimited access to every comic they have on there. And they have a LOT of comics on there.

I got it because I was in a class on Marvel Comics, and starting next semester I'll be teaching a class on Marvel Comics.

Longo_2_guns said:
http://marvel.com/digital_comics

You pay 50 bucks a year (though I think I have some discount codes) for unlimited access to every comic they have on there. And they have a LOT of comics on there.

I got it because I was in a class on Marvel Comics, and starting next semester I'll be teaching a class on Marvel Comics.

I'd do that, but I'd really prefer to have them in print. I sit in front of a computer screen enough every day already. It's really nice to read something on paper to relax my eyes, especially when it's for fun. Otherwise, by time I'd get to it on most days, after having already sat in front of a computer for 10ish+ hours, I'll just get headaches.

I just bought X-Men Noir (collecting X-Men Noire #1-#4) so let's read that. Used you said that's on your app and I'm assuming you'll be able to find that in your subscription Longo.

My copy will be here in two days, so should aim to start with issue #1 on Monday?

danielrbischoff said:
That is exactly what I bought.

Edit: Anyone buying, let us know when it will arrive so we can push out the start date if we need to.

The reviews don't inspire me, but I'll get it. Should be here by Tuesday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod