Best of GR: 2011 Finale!

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
As another year goes by, we all have to sit in amazement and wonder that we put up with each other’s crap. Without further ado, I bring you the Best of GR: 2011!

Starting off this year, we have the Best New Poster award. This award goes to:
StickyGreenGamer
Congratulations! While everyone was new at one point and time, only a few can be called the best of their year. Shame you can never defend your title on this one, huh? Guess you have to start doing stuff other than joining!
Our runner up was NecroWolf, who lost by a whopping nine votes.

Next up we have the Best Returning Poster, which goes to:
KurtCobain94
What a great thing to come back to, and you can tell your child that the announcement of their conception won you this award. You can also tell them that you’re the real Kurt Cobain if you want to. I mean, they won’t be able to understand you either way!
Our runner up was Silios, who lost by four votes.

Coming up next is the Most Annoying Poster. This year’s winner is:
tinymhg
Nothing quite like being told that your posts cause users to pop blood vessels, dread your every word, and skip over you entirely quite like a shiny new award. Congratulations!
The runner up was madster111, who lost by one vote.

Up now is the Most Missed Poster award. This goes to:
StalfrosCC
Despite his occasional drop in, old Mikey is hardly seen around these parts anymore, which means we can say whatever we want about him and he’ll never know. Like making fun of the Amish! But we won’t, because we don’t want him to come by and then run off again, right? Right.
Second place winner was Ghosttrip, who lost by two votes.

On its way now is the Funniest Poster award. And the winner is:
BlackStar
What can be said about BlackStar that hasn’t been said before? The man is like Eddie Murphy or Martin Lawrence, only funny. And black. And not in a fat suit. Congratulations!
Our runner up was De-Ting, who lost by three votes.

Next up is the Most Helpful Poster. This year’s winner is:
WickedLiquid
Hey, way to go. You sure did help people with, uh, their stuff? Yeah, right. So congratulations! On an unrelated note, way to be hard to write jokes about. Keep it up!
Our runner up was Bretimus_v2, who lost by one vote.

And now we have the Least Helpful Poster. Our winner is:
madster111
Unlike lovable Wicked, you went out of your way to be unproductive, unhelpful, and a stick in the mud in a minefield that indicates nothing. Way to go.
Our second place winner is Uglykitten, who lost by five votes.

Next up we have the Most Respected Poster. The winner is:
used44
This igloo-dwelling blubber eater has earned much respect from the users (get it? Users? used?) of GR, or as his people call it, maize. Even though he has to post via binary smoke signals, he’s still managed to stay a strong part of the community, enough that people forgive his custom to cut hearts out and kick bodies down his pyramid, as is his custom. Congratulations!
The runner up was Bretimus_v2, who lost by four votes.

Moving right along, we have the Least Respected Poster. The winner is:
madster111
As he isn’t very helpful, it only follows thusly that he isn’t very respected either, meaning he could easily not win either award if he just started being more helpful. But then he wouldn’t be madster, would he?
Our second place winner was 213EDD, who lost by three votes.

Up next is the Biggest Forum Contributor. Our winner is:
danielrbischoff
Okay, he might be staff, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care regardless, right? No, stop laughing. He definitely doesn’t just care because of his job. Dammit, stop laughing. He’d definitely contribute this much if he wasn’t being paid to. Christ, stop that, I’m being serious! (The joke is that I’m not being serious)
Our second place winner was Longo_2_guns, who lost by three votes.

Now we have the Spammer Award. This goes to:
Longo_2_guns
After posting nearly three hundred posts in the span of a few hours, this award comes completely out of nowhere! Though I do attribute the return of community events to this, since I bumped that thread with a post that was “I want to see these come back.â€

Thanks, Longo, for hosting this again. Surprised Bret won best poster again. Nice to see I got one good award instead of six bad ones. Enjoy the beginning of another year guys

I demand a recount, I'm clearly more likely to behead my fellow posters than Ugh is, I'll show you, I'll show all of you, and than you'll be sorry..

Ugh, the only reason you're surprised is because your definition of Best is so ridiculously backwards.

Soooo, at what point will I start to pull Best Vet awards away from people who are clearly much more awesome than me?

Longo, thanks for doing this and providing at least 8 different blurbs that had me laughing out loud (and waking my baby). I remember when I first got here and thought you were just another abrasive asshole. But now, I like to think of you as our abrasive asshole...and...a friend? What? When did that happen?

Longo_2_guns said:
On its way now is the Funniest Poster award. And the winner is:
BlackStar
What can be said about BlackStar that hasn’t been said before? The man is like Eddie Murphy or Martin Lawrence, only funny. And black.

Kanye-West-s-Interruption-country-stars-8814269-485-336.jpg

Hold up dawg.
Imma let you finish, but my boy Urbz had some of the funniest quotes going this year.

Kanye-Shrug2.jpg

^
Oh hush, at least you won something. 6 years and still squat! It's because I'm french, isn't it? Stupid Americans!

Good job Longo and congrats to Bret for winning the Oscar.

I wouldn't call not being voted worst mod losing ;). Curious why people voted me in that category though only so I can improve. Is it my lack of involvement?

An honour to win worst avatar. I set out to annoy, irritate and piss off with a joke that only Seth McFarlane would think still has some life left in it. It seems to have worked! [/list]

Me not sweeping these awards proves how pathetic and broken this forum and its posters are.

Fuckin wankers.

First Battle: LA makes its way into the top 10 movies then the star poster of the boards doesn't even get a mention.

Wonder how much Longo was paid.

*ahem* I hate to be the bearer of bad news but what Longo didn't tell you was there was a mix up in Florida and the votes had to be "re-counted". It would appear Chris Crime was in the lead, but our posters in Florida had a recount and now it seems Bret won...

We all know Bretimus has had secret ties to the administration of Game Revolution, he was secretly appointed mod a few weeks ago and it tried to go under our radar. Some would even go as far to say he was responsible for the terrorist attacks on GR that changed it from Black to White... but let's not side with the extremist conspiracy theories right now...

But what we DO KNOW is that the awards were an inside job.

bush911.jpg

"Sir, the forum has been changed from Black to White..."

Don't make the same mistake GR. In 2012, vote Chris Crime for Mod. Because Brown is the new Black.

Aww...I have no witty retort to really add to this, since we already have celebrities, Oscars, and president Bush references....

My first award, and it only took me 4 years!

SUCK IT SCORSESE!!!

And I'm extremely flattered that you guys would consider me remotely close to being as attractive as Mattay, and being on par with Longo. You know what? I AM going to ask Suzie to the dance!!!

Congratulations to everyone, and as always, I'm just happy to be here. Even though I didn't win, doesn't matter. Got noms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod