GR Awards 2009 GRAND FINALE

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
We've finally made it, the end of the road. The categories and winners are in bold, so there shouldn't be any problems.

First for the less, er, exciting categories, many with somewhat predictable outcomes if I may say so myself:

Best Blogger was won by LinksOcarina
Best Reviewer was won by LinksOcarina
Worst Reviewer was won by jpz something something
Best Young Poster was won by Keepithowitis
Most Missed Poster was won by TheTank, who, ironically, is back now.
And Best Returned Poster goes to Guan Yu, who, ironically, didn’t stay long. Figures.

Now, on to the main event!

First off, we have the award for Most Annoying Poster. This award goes to…
UghRochester
Congratulations. You’ve successfully bugged us all to our wits end with your constant McDonalds stories and whatnot, and have truly earned this award.
Second place winner was Trust No One, who lost by four votes. And an Honorable Mention to StalfrosCC, who didn’t receive a single vote.

Next we have the Best New Poster award. This award goes to…
Bretimus_V2
Congratulations. Despite the handicap of being a BR, you have adapted here like a duck in a pond, or something like that, and have truly earned this award.
Second place winner was WickedLiquid, who lost by two votes.

Now we have the award for Worst New Poster. This award goes to…
UghRochester
Congratulations. With the attitude of a 13 year old and a mind to match, you’ve already rubbed many the wrong way in your short time here, and have truly earned this award.
Second place winner was Insectvamour, who lost by three votes.

And now for the Funniest Poster. This award goes to…
BlackStar
Congratulations. I mean, what can I say about BlackStar that hasn’t been said. This man is a master of humor, and has truly earned this award.
Second place winners were De-Ting and Longo_2_guns, who lost by a whopping seven votes.

Next is the award for the Most Helpful Poster. This award goes to…
Trippysmurf
Congratulations. This former Crave slave, if I may say so, has proven his handiness time and time again, and has truly earned this award.
Second place winner was Maca2kx, who lost by a single vote.

And with that, we have the award for Least Helpful Poster. This award goes to…
intotherain
Congratulations. This GR vet with a seemingly apathetic mind has done nothing, and because of that has truly earned this award.
Second place winner was Madster, who lost by a single vote.

Now for the Most Respected Poster award. This award goes to…
Lethean
Congratulations. This now admin, and if I may say sexy man, has earned our respect many a time, and has truly earned this award.
Second place winner was Used44, who lost by a single vote. And an Honorable Mention goes to Longo_2_guns, who didn’t receive a single vote.

And from there we go to the Least Respected Poster. This award goes to…
UghRochester
Congratulations. As he proved with his wins of Most Annoying and Worst New Poster, people don’t really respect poor old Ugh, and because of that has truly earned this award.
Second place winner was Trust No One. And an Honorable Mention goes to StalfrosCC, who didn’t receive a single vote.

Next is the award for Biggest Forum Contributor. This award goes to…
MattAY
Congratulations. With things like your hardly ever updated sprite comic and constant good posting, you have truly earned this award.
Second place winner was LinksOcarina, who lost by a whole seven votes.

Now we have the Spammer Award. This award goes to…
Trust No One
Congratulations. Constant bad posting about some wicked ass head and stuff like that has contributed nothing, other than truly earning you this award.
Second place winner was De-Ting, who lost by three votes. And an Honorable Mention to Shaft, solely because his brief snow day antics earned him a nomination and two votes.

And next we have the On Topic Award. This award goes to…
Tigerlily
Congratulations. Way to never challenge the topic at hand and post boring on topic stuff. And yet, because of that you have truly earned this award.
Second place winner was Malakian, who lost by four votes.

It’s time for the Peacekeeper Award. This award goes to…
Maca2kx
Congratulations. Nothing less is expected of this admin, who delivers swift justice in a calm fashion, and has truly earned this award.
Second place winner was Used44, who lost by three votes.

And here is the award for Topic King. And the winner is…
Longo_2_guns
Congratulations. Wait, hold up, seriously? I mean, the only topics I make are about games no one has played, topics criticizing everyone for not playing those games, and this one. But apparently I deserve this award, or something.
Second place winner was StalfrosCC, who lost by one vote.

Next we have the Postwhore Award This award goes to…
Madster
Congratulations. Man oh man, that Madster loves to post. You’ve earned this award.
Second place winner was De-Ting, who lost by 2 votes.

And now for the award for Most Intelligent Posts. And the winner is…
Malakian
Hey, way to go! Of course, what else is expected of a guy who is both a law student and British? I mean, come on.
Second place winner was Ted Wolff, who lost by three votes. And an Honorable Mention to UghRochester, who didn’t receive a single vote. But who didn’t see that coming?

em shkordom bet7eb al zeet al me2le :shock: non award w ana zaieha… 8)
UghRochester
i remember it..but it is old songs..but my song is fresh and new :D
yalla ta3alo nenaket sawa sawa.. :lol:
ne7na benmo9 el dema2 ;)
The two place was Koalarainbowpoop, who was not the one by many a voter :(

And now for Best Host. Hey, guess what, it’s…
Flaming_Tiki_God
Congratulations. After many successful mafia game, this award is well earned.
Second place was someone, I dunno... Fuck it.

Right, now we’re moving from the boring awards to the better ones.

Lets go into Best Signature. Can our reigning champion, Longo_2_guns, keep his title, or shall it be usurped by some tenacious weeaboo.
And the winner is…
MattAY
Congratulations. Apparently, people like anime, or something, because your collage of nothing managed to beat true creativity and style, and you made a grown man cry. I hope you’re proud of yourself.

Moving right along from that, we have the Worst Signature.
And the winner is…
LinksOcarina
A really badly pixilated MS Paint picture advertising a failed RPG game that ended 4 months ago. Yeah, amazing signature. This is even worse than your naked back Link avatar.
And Second place was KoalaRainbowPoop. Seriously, dude? Seriously? That’s just dumb.

And now we have the Best Avatar. And the winner is…
Chris Crime
I love Calvin and Hobbes. And that’s all that I have to say about that.
Second place goes to Rakon, for his something or other.

And from there we go to the Worst Avatar, which goes to…
James Cameron
It was an easy joke, I had to make it. And, for the record, I thought Avatar was alright, not great, but entertaining. But I digress. The real winner was
UghRochester
Why would we want to constantly see a picture of you? Does your narcissism know no bounds? My god man!
And I have no idea who got second place.

Now, for the award for Best Moderator. This goes to…
StalfrosCC
Despite giving up his modliness during a dispute earlier in the year, this guy still proved his worth more than once, and for that, we salute him.
Second place goes to Used44, Lethean, and Maca2kx

On that same note, we have the Worst Moderator. This goes to…
Moses-
I mean, the guy isn’t ever here. And he’s hardly a moderator of anything. You know what? Fuck him. He’s out of this. Instead, I’m going to give this to the second place winner…
StalfrosCC
I mean, seriously? Who the fuck loses their mod because they called someone childish? It’s like getting your penis bit off by a horse. It just shouldn’t happen. But it did. Way to go, Stal. You suck.

And now for the Best Veteran. And the winner is…
Used44
I mean, this polar bear of a man has been with us forever, and just got married to a glacier or some shit like that, I dunno. But fuck it. He has been here forever, is a great guy, and deserves this award.

Now, for the moment you’ve been waiting for, the Worst Poster of 2009 Award! Anyone who has been keeping up so far could guess this one a mile away. It’s…
UghRochester
I mean, what can I say about Ugh now that I haven’t said in the Most Annoying Poster, Worst New Poster, Most Incoherent Poster, and Worst Avatar awards that he has already taken home with him? So I won’t say anything, other than he won with almost 50% of the votes. And that’s terrible.

And now, for the final category, the much coveted and sought after Best Poster of 2009 Award. And the winner is…

Wait for it…

Wait for it…

Just a little bit more…

Next one…

A FOUR WAY TIE BETWEEN JCD, MATTAY, STALFROSCC, AND LONGO_2_GUNS!

Now you may be wondering, why leave this as a tie? Well, it’s simple. See, in my mind there is no poster out of these four who is clearly better than the rest. And there are several ways I could solve this. The first is that I could vote for a winner, which would mean I would vote for myself, which isn’t fair and is somewhat amoral. The next is that I could do a vote on only these four, which would take a whole lot of time and would be tedious. Plus, I’ve got a date with a girl who looks just like my 2D waifu and I wouldn’t miss that for the world. The third option is that I could just say fuck it, this isn’t that serious, and leave it as a tie. So that’s what I did. That way, all four of us are losers, or winners. It’s not important.

And that’s a wrap. I want to congratulate all the winners, the losers, and all of the losers who won. And thank you, each and every one of you, for making 2009 an amazing year.

Congrats to everyone!

Longo, this could be a good conversation-starter for you on your date.
"You know, I won two awards tonight."
"Really?"
"Yeah. You can call me the Topic King now."
"Oh, my. That's very prestigious. What about the other award?"
"Tie for Best Poster of 2009."
"Wow. All of a sudden I have a sudden urge to give you wicked-ass head!"
"Yeah, bitch. You know I got the goods."

Congrats to everyone who won! You all deserve it and I wish you the best of luck in the following year. Except for Ugh.

Ugh, you have to be the worst poster to frequent this site in as long as I've been posting here. Take these awards as a sign and LEARN TO POST!!! Come on man, you gotta reform your ways, you're eighteen, act like it.

thats just sad. ugh won just about all the bad awards. what does that say about him? it says he's more popular than everyone. what a dick....

This is DOG SH!7!!!!

2009_MTV_Video_9d41.jpg

YO YO YO YO Hold on hold on dog... Imma let you finish... but I gotta say my boy UrbanMasque had the best topics of the year! Real talk son! FvK you, Im out!

Urban, just so you know you only got one vote total for Topic King.

And you voted for yourself.

So, yeah.

Damn nigga why you gotta get all dramatic?

You went out there and gave 109% which unfortunately is not a full 110% that was needed to win.

.......... and now that Longo revealed that bit of info I find myself in a delightful rise of amusement.

2di232p.jpg

Thanks to all who voted for Hobbes!

And Congrats to UGH on sweeping the GR Awards in his rookie year!

Just an honor to have been mentioned at all. Thx! pew pew finger guns H is for Hobbes

Longo... i dont know what it is about you, but everytime you post something - I feel like delivering a fist to your suckhole. Its nothing you can help really, its just - your face...

schimmel said:
Grats, BlackStar. Just out of curiosity, how many votes did I get Longo?
How the hell should I know? It's not like I counted or anything.

You had 4.

UrbanMasque said:
Longo... i dont know what it is about you, but everytime you post something - I feel like delivering a fist to your suckhole. Its nothing you can help really, its just - your face...
I think that, subliminally, you think that I like it rough. I don't like it rough.

Hey congrats everyone! Especially to Longo for providing a great read!

I think of used as a polar bear of a man, too!

Longo_2_guns said:
And with that, we have the award for Least Helpful Poster. This award goes to…
intotherain
Congratulations. This GR vet with a seemingly apathetic mind has done nothing, and because of that has truly earned this award.
Second place winner was Madster, who lost by a single vote.
Fuck.

Cheers Longo.

And a four-way tie?! Were FUCKING BROTHERS DUDE!!

Was a funny read too, nice work.

Now for the after-party, mongrels and bitches! Urban, if you sulk in the corner about your loss, it's only gonna make me ask you to dance with me even more. (By the way, didnt you only make about 2 topics this year....surprised, really?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod