Aliens and UFO's n shit.

what if ufos arent aliens, but rather human time-travelers?

these chrononauts could have their timeships purposely designed as a saucer-shape so that any sightings of them could be dismissed as crazy nonsense.

Paradox said:

these chrononauts could have their timeships purposely designed as a saucer-shape so that any sightings of them could be dismissed as crazy nonsense.

..dude.. get outta my head.

Paradox said:

Mr. Hawking says travelling through time BACKWARDS is impossible, he also says that yes, just due to how huge the universe really is, there is other life somewhere. Now, the chances that this said lifeform can travel the speed of light (well, just below it rather) AND get to us in the same time period of our beginning and end .. is very small.

Stephen Hawking's Universe is a pretty good watch for anyone who is seriously curious about life, the universe and what could possibly be possible.

On the other hand, I'm still waiting for the day when everything we thought we knew was blown out of the water!

In order to be able to travel backwards through time we must first transcend reality as we know it. Right now, the reason why we won't be able to ever travel backwards through time is because we cannot even test it. The second you successfully move backwards, everything changes. You will never reach the point when you first travelled backwards through time, at least not in OUR reality, thus we will never know if it is possible. Thus, the only way it's possible is to also be able to travel in a different, higher plane of reality as to be able to return to the starting point. It's almost like the difference between taking a boat on a river and on an ocean.

Note: at any time in this the word "reality" could've been substituted for "dimension," which might have been more accurate but doesn't sound as cool.

Longo_2_guns said:
In order to be able to travel backwards through time we must first transcend reality as we know it. Right now, the reason why we won't be able to ever travel backwards through time is because we cannot even test it.

Good point, and I hope we never get the ability to test it. If that becomes possible then it means who ever is running the experiment can literally change the course of human history ( I know it sounds cliche - but its probably true).

Think about it Hitler was smothered in his crib, Nazi Germany never existed, and the Holocaust never happened. Great! No human suffering, but think about how many lives will be altered, or never even come into existence because of that change - people who weren't consulted about whether they liked their life or whether they would trade their life for another persons life.

Anyways, scientifically with what we know about reality right now - I don't think time travel is possible or will ever be possible . But that doesn't mean that at some point in the next century, they don't make some monumental scientific discovery about our existence that will be a catalyst to time travel.

Philosophically - this is why I leave the possibility open - If it can happen, odds are it will happen. (or in the case of time travel - it HAS happened).

Human perception of time is primitive and has only begun to develop because of the general theory of relativity. Time is not a separate entity but intimately linked to space itself. When we think of space we must also think of time as well. They are one in the same.

We already know that mass manipulates space and hence time as well. If, in the next five hundred years, we succeed in manipulating spacetime by our own choosing, we could certainly travel backwards or forwards in time.

The only way time travel is possible is if the future is set. You can't travel to the future if it doesn't exist yet!

However, by traveling into the future, you are changing fate itself and disrupting the balance of the predetermined timeline. Unless traveling into the future is something you're supposed to do!

Or perhaps you can change the future but it will only open an alternate universe where things have changed while a primary universe still exists where our predetermined actions are carried out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod