Aliens and UFO's n shit.

I saw a UFO a few nights ago. I'm not claiming it was aliens though. I just didn't know what it was. Considering there's an airforce base a half hour from where I live, and they often fly down here, it was probably just from there. The only strange thing about it was that if it were a plane, it must have been flying at extremely high altitudes, in excess of 50,000 ft. It looked like a star at first that got really bright in a matter seconds (my guess is a fighter jet in a nose dive) and then veered of to the right and got very dim again (as if it were then gaining a lot of altitude). I didn't hear anything, or see anything besides that. Honestly for a second there I was thinking, ICBM? But really, it was a UFO because I couldn't identify it and it was most certainly flying. Yup. That's my story. Eat it bitches.

TL;DR: I saw a flying thing in the sky at night a few days ago. Probably not aliens.

I always wonder; "What if everything we have 'discovered' is completely wrong." I await for the world to esplode.

Guess why I'm not an atheist. I choose not to worship a god, and I respect the fact that others do. I don't like the people who shove religion in your face because I don't shove my ways in others' faces. There can be a god, and I believe as long as I lead a good and honest life I'll be respected for it even if I don't go to church and stuff like that.

But yeah, because of that I still believe in aliens. I just don't wear tin hats to keep their radio waves out of my brain

StalfrosCC said:
UrbanMasque said:
StalfrosCC said:
If you say you believe in Aliens but know there is no God you are a silly s***.
Elaborate please.

No thanks. I think my point is pretty clear.

I think what Mr.Stally is trying to say, is that he cannot understand people who do not believe in the existence of deities, but who can say that they believe in the possibility of extraterrastial life, be it intelligent or not.

Myself, I do not believe in God(s), but I do not say, There is no God(s) because none can hold absolute certainty (plus there is the whole debate, what is the definition of a God).

The difference between the God(s) claim(s) is that they are supernatural and based on woo-woo. With a complete lack of evidence (which is considered scientific, personal experience and feelings are not objective observable evidence and cannot be peer reviewed.)
Whilst alien life, if discovered would most likely have had a natural explanation, such as life on Earth.

Regarding the "visitor" claims, I find them highly unlikely, and do not believe them, but I cannot categorical say it did not happen, as I cannot categorically say that lizard people are not ruling the Earth.

I believe in extra-terrestrial life. I just think if they are smart enough to master intergalactic space travel, they are smart enough to realize we are a planet full of psychotic apes and have better things to do than visit the White Trash of the galaxy.

The truth is we really don't know jack-shit about our universe. We have a lot of ideas and theories and just like everyone before us, we assume all those theories are facts. We used to think the world was flat, and everyone believed it because (until Christopher Columbus came along) it was the only theory we had about our planet and what was beyond the oceans.

The pictures you see of the Milky Way aren't real. They're just artist conceptions of what we believe our galaxy looks like. Apparently, to get that far out to snap a picture of our entire galaxy, you would have to be traveling at light speed for 50 billion years.

But because there are no other theories and this one makes the most sense we all just go along and believe it.

This is where Science fails when they mock religion, because just like faith, you're also believing in something that cannot be proven. Claiming you know what lies beyond our galaxy is a theory, the same theory as the world being flat. But just because everyone else believes it, doesn't make it true. I'm not saying Science is wrong, after all I'm Agnostic, just that everyone shouldn't be so damn sure all the time that whatever scientists say is right.

Unless someone out there develops a teleportation device (what science geeks like to call a worm hole) that can transport some type of rover 50 billion light years into space and back, we'll never truly know what's out there.

UrbanMasque said:
Clear as mud.

I fail to make the connection you are attempting to make.

Duh, obviously he meant since you believe aliens exist because of the infinite possibilities of our universe then therefore you should believe in the possibility of God for that same reason.

I don't wanna have a debate about God. Just saying anything is possible and what we think we know now could be proven wrong in 1000 years.

Trippysmurf said:
I believe in extra-terrestrial life. I just think if they are smart enough to master intergalactic space travel, they are smart enough to realize we are a planet full of psychotic apes and have better things to do than visit the White Trash of the galaxy.
Either that, or the UFOs were shot down by the government because they were scouts, and they're keeping us out of the loop because they know of the 10billion strong army currently moving towards us from their home world they exhausted the resources of.

At which point they will be... 'Unhappy' to discover we have enough firepower to effectively end every world in our solar system (excluding Jupiter) if we wanted to, making their fleet of ships smaller than the earth pitiful against our weapons which could destroy them 5 times over. And then we would still have enough left to completely destroy ourselves, mars AND send a couple to their world fucking it up too.
Oh, and we could detonate the shit out of saturns rings for lulz with what was left.

Trippysmurf said:

Nail.On.The.Head.

Trippysmurf said:

Nail.On.Head.

Wicked...*sigh*...
We know so much about our galaxy, and sooo much about the universe - but its nothing compared to how much there is to ultimately comprehend. A lot of the images you see of space (stars, other galaxies and nebulae) ARE actual photos and other images are renderings of what OUR galaxy should look like based on what we know - and everyone is in agreement about these things. EVERYTHING in space we do is a guess, guessing distances, weights, sizes, length of travel - but the thing is these guesses are deduced using fundamental UNCHANGING physical laws. Using these laws - they can guess VERY accurately at how far away things are, what the atmosphere is like, and what gravity is like on a planet.

Religion is and always will be scared of science. Religion requires faith, science requires fact ( or the pursuit of fact) - and its that simple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod