No TV and no beer makes Homer something something

WickedLiquid

Regular
So it's that time of year where Simspons Treehouse of Horrors are on TV all month long. The Halloween specials have always been a favourite of mine because even the stupidest episode still has one short I find enjoyable.

Who doesn't love a cameo by Kang and Katos every year? Although I find it funny how an annual Halloween special that features Aliens has managed to go 25 years without spoofing...Aliens.

So what's your favourite? Mine has got to be The Shin-ning.One of the best horror movies of all time gets one of the best spoofs of all time. I love everything about the short, especially when Moe and the ghosts have to drag Homer out of the pantry. And who doesn't know how to fill in the blanks in my title?

And how about your favourite Kang and Katos moment? For me it's when Kang is Maggie's biological father and they all wind up on Jerry Springer haha.

Always a fan of the first one honestly. The Raven segment is brilliant in its own little way, and Kang and Kodos' introduction is still classic if you ask me.

The Homer3 segment from Treehouse of Horror VI is also classic, just because of the 3D Homer Simpson roaming dowtown in L.A boggled my mind as a kid.

Treehouse of Horror Horror V.

The Shinning, Time and Punishment, and Nightmare Cafeteria, and to top it all off, the gas that turns people inside out.

It doesn't get any better than that. It just doesn't.

You have a channel that plays Treehouse of Horror all month? That's awesome. My local FOX affiliate is the worst. They're notoriously cheap (they barely have a news program, just the minimum required to keep their FOX license) and they're very lazy about airing Simpsons reruns. It's just the same few Season 18 (or about) eps all week. Terrible broadcast quality too.

My local channel has extremely good quality simpsons episodes.
All of them, in fact, and they can be watched at any time in any order you choose.

TPB channel is so awesome.

Which one has the gremlins?
I just like it for the way otto takes out moleman.

used44 said:
You have a channel that plays Treehouse of Horror all month? .

Yup, since there's like 25 of them now they play a new one each day in October counting down to Halloween. It's been a thing now for a long time.

We don't get Comedy Central, instead we get Comedy Network which plays everything Comedy Central plays plus stuff like The Simpsons Halloween countdown.

Fun fact, there's like 5-6 Canadian stations that play Simpsons reruns, not including FOX which we also get. It's kind of a big deal.

I hate the damn Halloween episodes. The one that always stands out for me is Hell Toupee though - when Homer gets Snake's hair as a transplant. I think the fact that I had it recorded, and was the only Simpsons footage I had on VHS as a kid is what makes it stand out.

Grampa Simpson: [runs into the room with a hammer and a wooden stake] Quick! We have to kill the boy!
Marge Simpson: How'd you know he was a vampire?
Grampa Simpson: He's a vampire? AHHH!
[runs off]

I love the one where the giant mascots and advertisements are destroying the city.

And they were only pissing people off because they were paying attention, just like internet trolls, and once everyone ignored them they lost their power, just like internet trolls. In an episode before internet trolling was a thing.

Timeless comedy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle