Favourite Simpsons episode?

Another one that was likely mentioned already...

Homer The Great

God that stonecutter song is burned into my brain, and it does make sense now why Steve Guttenberg was a star...

I watch Simpsons twice a week. Anymore and I'd burn out. But with the summer upon us...it's time to hit the backlogs.

I know the show went from brilliant to great around season 10 then from great to terrible around season 13. But are there any episodes past 13 that you really enjoyed? I can think up a couple.

Trilogy of Error
trilogy1.png

Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
simpsons9.png

Weekend at Burnsies
picturebe.jpg

The DeBarted
352332.jpg

Girls Just Want to Have Sums
vlcsnap1240319.png

Sex Pies and Idiot Scrapes
vlcsnap1145762.png

O Brother, Where Bart Thou
43022.jpg

One of the more annoying things I find with the newer episodes is the jokes tend to beat you over the head. In its golden era the humour had a certain subtley to it that trusted the audience would get the joke (like Leonard Nimoy beaming away after claiming his work was done).

The Simpsons' golden era was clever, witty and even thought provoking. It's not often to see something as good on The Simpsons today, but in the past 10-12 years they've still delivered a few hits. But also many, many, many misses.

WickedLiquid said:
One of the more annoying things I find with the newer episodes is the jokes tend to beat you over the head. In its golden era the humour had a certain subtley to it that trusted the audience would get the joke (like Leonard Nimoy beaming away after claiming his work was done).

The Simpsons' golden era was clever, witty and even thought provoking. It's not often to see something as good on The Simpsons today, but in the past 10-12 years they've still delivered a few hits. But also many, many, many misses.

The never-ending jokes (SNL Syndrome--the same thing that did in Homestar Runner for me) are bad, but the thing that really gets me is recycled plots.

For example, a little while ago I saw one episode where Marge became a MMA champion. It wasn't nearly as good as the episode where Homer became a boxer. Another episode had a superhero movie getting filmed in Springfield, and Homer got lead role on a walk-on audition. It was nowhere near as good as the other episode where a superhero movie is made in Springfield and a local nabs a role, OR the episode where Homer gets a role by cluelessly walking on an audition.

But yeah, there are a few gems from the later half of the series' run. The Bart Wants What It Wants, The Seemingly Never-Ending Story, 24 Minutes, Gone Maggie Gone...

NECRO BUMP!

Anyone watch any of The Simpsons marathon on FXX? I caught a bit of it then remembered I made a top 25 Simpsons episodes somewhere on here. Searched for Simpsons and BOO-YEAH! Guess who sold the Whitman place?

Anyway I don't know what I was thinking making a best of list. After watching a bit of this marathon I see now the brilliance in the first 8 seasons.

Will always be the New York one for me. Just classic Homer for the whole latter end of that episode. Had me in stitches first time I saw it.

tumblr_inline_mnm4lrqmrk1qz4rgp.gif

I think that episode was actually banned for 5 years after 9/11, at least it was in Canada. Nowadays when they air it some lines are still edited out of the episode.

Like the scene where two people in each tower are arguing and one guy says to Homer "don't mind him, all the jerks work in tower 1."

Bretimus_v2 said:
Homer joins the Navy

YVAN EHT NIOJ!!

Wicked, everything is funny in that episode. Might have something to do with it being a good memory of mine sitting in the lounge with all the family, watching the new simpsons episode. Lovely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle