Favourite Simpsons episode?

Wes

Rookie
Since my Citizen Kane thread turned into The Simpsons I figured I'd start a new one. Name some of your all time favourite simpsons episodes. Also some of your favourite simpsons quotes, characters, whatever.

Hard for me to think up a favourite simpsons episode but Marge VS The Monorail is up there for sure. As for characters I love how Skinner and Chalmers play off each other. Moe is always excellent and Ned Flanders is the greatest antagonist ever written for Homer Simpson.

Season 4 through Season 8ish
Pure. Gold.

rosebud is obviously great, but also when they have the actual rolling stones performing on a trash heap
the monorail where leonard nimoy says "my job here is done" "But you didn't do anything!" "oh, didn't i?" and then he teleports away

Fuck I still love you Simpsons.

danielrbischoff said:
rosebud is obviously great, but also when they have the actual rolling stones performing on a trash heap
It was The Who, they were on top of a wall made of trash, and that was season 12.

The Rolling Stones did appear later on when they taught a rock and roll camp, though. But that was two seasons later.

Also, for the record, I remembered all of this completely offhand.

Gil.gif

Gil Gunderson. There is something amazing about a down on his luck salesman, who should probably not be a salesman to begin with. I don't know what it is, but I find myself laughing hard whenever he starts rambling into a self-depricating sales pitch.

222px-Squeaky_Voiced_Teen.png

Jeremy Freedman. So it goes without saying that I also love Pimply-faced Teen. "If I had a girlfriend, she'd kill me." I don't know why, but this character also cracks me up...did you know his mom is Lunch Lady Doris? Yeah, neither did I.

293px-Cletus.png

Cletus Spuckler. Red-neckiness is timeless. Whether it's the scenes from the parenting class or giving a day off to his pig instead of his wife. Cletus is everything I strive to avoid. He's like everything I ever needed from King of the Hill, but never got.

I guess what I love about these characters, is that even in the less than great seasons, their schtick still runs true. The deviation in hilarity mainly fell on the title characters of the Simpson's running off track of earlier, funnier characterizations, as well as the humor becoming more contemporary and topical. They also fell to making whole episodes where the jokes were all just "what if everything was Irish, or in space, or the Harlem Globetrotters came to the island." Still I have great love for the Simpsons, and even there worst seasons are still better than some of the middling seasons other sitcoms have produced.

One of my favorite episodes has to be 22 Short Films About Springfield. Modeled after Pulp Fiction and filled with some of the most amazing moments of Season 7. I love the side characters of the Simpson's and this episode delivered story after story. Each written to deliver a quick gag.

Marge vs. The Monorail is also great, Wes. Lyle Lanley is amazing and that also reminds me of how Phil Hartman's death greatly impacted the series as a whole when they retired most of his characters.

Bretimus_v2 said:
did you know his mom is Lunch Lady Doris? Yeah, neither did I.
During the bowling team episode, he says that he couldn't get a lane for his own mother, which prompts her appearing and saying "I have no son."

Yeah, also remembered that offhand.

My favourite episode is definitely Itchy and Scratchy Land. Chalked full of incredible quotes, including my all time favourite:

"Attention Marge Simpson, we have your son in the detention facility. Attention Marge Simpson, we also have your older, balder, fatter son."

Favourite character?
mrscorpio.jpg

My favorite episode was when Bart tried to be a dare devil. Then at the end, Homer talked Bart out of jumping Springfield Gorge only to fall in himself.

You guys have had me thinking about The Simpsons all day. So I just got home and put in a random DVD (Simpsons are all mixed up between cases) and BAM! - Marge vs. the Monorail.

Ok after giving it some thought It's impossible for me to pick just 1. I can't even do a top ten. So here are my top 25!

#25 Trash of the Titans
trashofthetitans.jpg

#24 Bart's Comet
scomet.jpg

#23 Flaming Moe's
flamingmoes.jpg

#22 Homer VS The 18th Amendment
homervsthe18th.jpg

#21 Deep Space Homer
deepspacehomer.jpg

#20 Homer and Apu
homerandapu.jpg

#19 The Itch and Scratchy... and Poochy Show
itchyandscratchyx.jpg

#18 Homer's Phobia
sphobia.jpg

#17 Treehouse of Horror V
treehouseofhorror.jpg

#16 Summer of 4 ft 2
summerof4ft2.jpg

#15 Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk
kraftwek.jpg

#14 Homer the Heretic
homertheheretic.jpg

#13 The Homer They Fall
thehomertheyfall.jpg

#12 22 Short Films About Sprinfield
46861304.jpg

#11 Homerpalooza
tumblrl6t3xwpcsn1qaul9j.jpg

#10 Two Bad Neighbours
twobadneighbours.jpg

#9 You Only Move Twice
youonlymovetwice.jpg

#8 Lisa the Vegetarian
lisathevegetarian.jpg

#7 Mother Simpson
mothersimpson.jpg

#6 Homer Goes to College
homergoestocollege.jpg

#5 Who Shot Mr Burns (Part 1 & 2)
whoshotmrburns.jpg

I know that's cheating, I don't care it's my list

#4 Mr. Plow
pid17864.jpg

#3 Marge VS The Monorail
thesimpsonsmargevsthemo.jpg

#2 El Viaje de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage Of Homer)
mysteriousvoyage.jpg

#1 Last Exit to Springfield
lastexitt.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle