2016 Completed Games List

1. Halo 3: ODST (XONE) - I remember playing this when it came out on Xbox 360 and ACTUALLY falling asleep playing it. The game's hub world was a bad idea to extend game time. It could have just been DLC or an expansion for Halo 3. Not really missing much if you haven't played this.

Score: 7.5/10

2. Lara Croft GO (AND) - The best mobile game for 2015 HANDS DOWN. The graphics are great and the gameplay is very cerebral. LOVE IT.

Score: 9/10

3. Firewatch (PC) - A fantastic adventure game, in fact, one of the best I have played in years. While the ending fell short it was a great emotional roller coaster.

Score: 8.5/10

4. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC) - I have to say this is one of the most beautiful games released for this generation. I was craving a game that could push my system to its limits since The Witcher 3 and my rig handled this wonderfully. The story was a bit on the iffy side, and it just wasn't as good as 2013's TR, but still a lot of fun.

5. That Dragon, Cancer (PC) - This was a shitty game, but a great story. I had real emotional connection with this game as I have a son on the way and it stirred up some emotions I didn't know I could feel. Everyone who has a kid or has gone through cancer or some sort of life threatening condition and survived should play this.

Score: 7/10

6. Stasis (PC) - One of the best point and click adventures I have ever played. Absolutely disturbing and horrifying game. Some of the most grotesque imagery I have seen in a game. This would have made headlines in the late 90's early 2000's. The story and voice acting are amazing, the atmosphere and ambiance are just killer. Anyone who has played Sanitarium should crank that up to 11 and then make it in space. Kind of an idea of what it's like.

Finished Guacamelee on normal difficulty. Going to go through on hard in order to get the Platinum trophy.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016 08:09 Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
PS4:

Life is Strange - 8 / 10
Dishonored: Definitive Edition - 8 / 10
Dying Light: The Following - 8.5 / 10
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 9 / 10
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 8.5 / 10
Hitman (tutorial levels, Paris) - 8 / 10
Salt and Sanctuary - 8 / 10
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt DLC - Hearts of Stone - 9.5 / 10
Fallout 4 DLC - Automatron - 6.5 / 10
Dark Souls III - 9 / 10
Ratchet and Clank - 8 / 10

I finished the PS4 remake of Ratchet and Clank today. I've never actually played any of the Ratchet and Clank games, so it was interesting to play Ratchet and Clank on the PS4 for the first time.

It's a gorgeous game, one of the best looking games I've seen on the PS4, it's like a playable Pixar game. Great soundtrack and voice acting and while the story is silly, it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Things start off a bit slow but it gets better as you play, upgrading your weapons and getting new items. Game play wise, it's pretty simple and can get repetitive, so I found it best to play in short bursts, rather than try and binge on it. There's replay value with the challenge mode and going back to levels to get stuff you missed, but personally I'm not too interested in that.

Not the longest of games, but again by playing it in short bursts, I basically played it over a few weeks. I'm kinda glad to be done with it, because Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is out in just two days! :)

8 out of 10.

Steam

Hexcells
Hexcells Plus
Half Life 2
Europa Universalis IV - Ottoman Empire, 1444-1820
Spec Ops: The Line
Tales of Maj'Eyal
- Cornac/Paradox Mage
- Cornac/Doomed
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Embers of Rage DLC Campaign
- Orc/Sawbutcher
Hexcells Infinite
Mass Effect - 8.5/10
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - 6.5/10
Civilization V - 9/10
- Rome, Chieftain, Small-Sized map, Cultural Victory
- Egypt, Warlord, Standard-Sized Map, Diplomatic Victory

Expeditions: Conquistador - 7/10
Finally knocked this one down. Got a bit repetitive near the end but it was still worth it. The writing, party members and conversations were great but the camera was annoying, sometimes hard to see enemy positions during night battles, you get a % stolen from you and only find a pittance on the map so you can lose thousands of valuables from an unlucky night and just wish there was more conversations and events with your party. Combat is still pretty decent, good sense of discovery at the start and you're given the choice of being a raging sack of dicks if you so desire and pillage and plunder like a real conquistador.

Gamecube
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition - 7.5/10
A quick one, probably a 5.5 hour romp but I didn't go for 100% completion. Still have my old saves of my first run, 100% and best time still on the memory card. It's showing it's age but love the music and my platforming skills are rusty as all hell. Still adore it and it will always have a special place in my heart.

3DS
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers - 8/10
This one went unfinished for ages. The Monolith and finding all the right panels with backtracking was a pain in the ass. But always bring buff/debuff demons when you go to bosses, makes it go quicker and if you picked Sexy for how Hitomi looked at the beginning, Megido. All the Megidos. Also had fun wooing all the female demons.
Classic SMT gameplay with all the demons and summoning and stuff, but what I loved is getting the Copernicus App and getting fusion accidents for demons above my current level. That was rad.

PS4:

Life is Strange - 8 / 10
Dishonored: Definitive Edition - 8 / 10
Dying Light: The Following - 8.5 / 10
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 9 / 10
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 8.5 / 10
Hitman: Episode 1 - 8 / 10
Salt and Sanctuary - 8 / 10
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt DLC - Hearts of Stone - 9.5 / 10
Fallout 4 DLC - Automatron - 6.5 / 10
Dark Souls III - 9 / 10
Ratchet and Clank - 8 / 10
Hitman: Episode 2 - 8.5 / 10
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

I finished the story of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End last night on "Moderate" (normal) difficulty. Here's a quick review about it. No spoilers.

While the game does have a slow start, things start to seriously pick up a little bit later on. I'd argue around chapter six or seven, but others would counter saying the game picks up around chapter ten (Madagascar). A slow start isn't necessarily a bad thing, particularly for the story, but I can imagine players becoming bored at the beginning of the game. It's one of those "it gets better" games.

I love how most of the environments are bigger than the previous games. This offers players an opportunity for alternative paths through levels, as well as exploration to find hidden treasures and secret dialog conversations between characters, all of which can be found to earn unlock points, to unlock bonuses at the end of the game.

Graphically, it's the best looking game I've ever seen on a console to date. The soundtrack is as awesome as ever, as is the voice acting, cut scenes and overall story. Without spoiling anything, the ending is perfect. It's very much crafted for Uncharted fans.

I enjoy the gun play. I noticed while enemies are still bullet sponges, they don't last as long as they used to... in saying that, neither do you. It's quicker for enemies and Drake to kill each other. The overall game play is good, but players may find the gun play repetitive (I personally didn't it). As unrealistic as the new grappling hook rope is, it's a lot of fun to use in combat. Climbing has been improved from previous games, but it's still a bit linear.

I was a bit worried about the idea of introducing vehicles and swimming into the game, but Naughty Dog did a wonderful job with the controls of both. Driving a four wheel drive, or swimming under water feels natural. A lot of games can't get these elements right when they're added in, but Uncharted 4 nails it.

I didn't have too many problems with the game, but sometimes the controls, while tight and mostly responsive, get a bit frustrating, especially when trying to use cover. Drake may plot himself in the wrong spot at the worst of times in a fire fight.

While the game offers more stealth opportunities, building on an element first introduced in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, stealth can be pretty silly at times. Drake can be noisy as crap, running on wooden surfaces, jumping and climbing and no one hears him. Drake can hide out of sight using cover or long grass and plantation, but there's no way to distract or lure enemies. The enemy A.I. with stealth can be painfully stupid.

For the most part, the characters are still really cool, however the game's new players such as Sam as well as the villain Rafe are a bit forgetful. Sure, Troy Baker does a great job playing the role of Sam, but it feels strange that Sam, and even Rafe have been "retconned" into Nathan's history. It makes me feel that the past events of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (e.g. the story of how Drake and Sully met) feels a bit... confusing.

I experienced a couple of bugs in my play through. Some weren't so bad (e.g. Drake stuck in a running animation for a little bit) while some sucked, e.g. using the rope to swing from one cliff to another, suddenly Drake is teleported to the depths below and dies. The game has been patched as I type this, so maybe such bugs are gone now?

If you're a fan of Uncharted, then you need to get this game. For those who haven't played, I would suggest playing through the Nathan Drake Collection first before diving into this, in order to get the best, full experience. This is the biggest, longest and best of the Uncharted series.

9.5 / 10

Beat Uncharted 4 in the wee hours of Monday morning, which probably made the cold I had even worse, but the story was worth it. Maybe.

Seriously though, I really did like the story. I don't think they could have made a better ending.

I've still got a lot of treasures and such to find, so I'm likely going to be working on this for some time to come yet. Hell, I haven't even found one of the two treasures on the first stage yet after two playthroughs, so it's going to be a while I think. The game is great fun though, so I can't say I mind that much.

Finished Uncharted 4's story yesterday. Man, that game is amazingly gorgeous, but very repetitive.

Resident Evil Remastered, 'Knife Only' Speedrun

RE_knifeC_zpspzucbaer.jpg

Platinumed The Order: 1886 last night. Easiest Plat ever!

The gameplay was not all that good, felt kinda clunky. Though the cover based shooting was perfectly serviceable it felt generic and uninspired. Some of the weapons were interesting, but you never really get much of a choice in which weapon you get to start with in any given chapter.

The story was also a bit generic and predictable, but good overall. The setting though, damn, I want to read history books about this alternate London. The setting salvaged this game from being mediocre to decent. If they could make a better game that is deserving of such beautiful graphics and this amazing setting, I'd love to see a sequel.

Mostly because I'd like to see how this story ends. :p

Nice work on the plat!

I completed The Witcher 3 main story last night. FINALLY.
Going to play through Death March and collect all gwent cards for the platinum! Am actually quite excited to start the game on Death March.

I wish I could play games like I used to growing up. With my current job (and rapid promotions) I just don't have the time anymore. I'm lucky if I can finish 1 game a month. I used to finish about 60-70 games a year. It was insane and very enjoyable. It also doesn't help that games just aren't what they used to be. I'd love to do speedruns, and knife only runs, and getting platinum in games etc. The times just not there! I need a vacation.

^ I'm the same, I only really play on the weekends.
But I do remember once I booked a week off work and did absolutely nothing but put my feet up and lose myself in the games! It was glorious - I recommend.

MattAY said:
^ I'm the same, I only really play on the weekends.
But I do remember once I booked a week off work and did absolutely nothing but put my feet up and lose myself in the games! It was glorious - I recommend.

I need to do exactly this. I keep talking about going on vacation and just gaming for 3 weeks straight like I used to growing up. I could catch up on so many game.

In the same boat, or similar anyway, minus the rapid promotions... I wish. :p

I get to play games... maybe an hour or so every week night. If I want to really "game", it's gotta be on the weekends.

During the week I work full time (7:30 AM - 4 PM Monday to Friday), I'm at the gym five days a week, I coach and train in judo three times a week and I have a freelance job (GR Strips), so I get pretty busy. On top of that, the last few months have been harder as I've been back at university studying... so I've been doing less judo, in exchange for homework, assignments and attending class which quite frankly, takes up a lot more time than judo. This is all on top of trying to have a healthy social life and a healthy relationship, while trying to get a reasonable night's sleep every week night (I aim to be in bed by 10 to 10:30 PM).

I'd love to take a week or two weeks off work and just play video games.

A long time ago (probably eight or so years ago) back when I was a university student, I'd have a few classes per week and I had a weekend casual job, so I played HEAPS of video games, all the damn time. Sadly though, I did zero exercise and I ate very poorly, so despite all the fun with games I had, it did have serious affects on my weight and health.

Five years ago, I had an accident at judo resulting in the tearing of the ACL in my right knee, which required reconstructive knee surgery. I got to stay home and play video games the whole time. My knee hurt like hell, but man, that was a nice break... no pun intended. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod