Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Dying Light: The Following
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Hitman (tutorial levels, Paris)
Salt and Sanctuary
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt DLC - Hearts of Stone
Fallout 4 DLC - Automatron

I finally got around to playing Fallout's latest DLC last night. It's pretty small. I finished it in about two, maybe three hours. Automatron offers only a few new quests and enemy types in pre-existing areas of the Commonwealth. New buildings get added specifically for quests, but that's about it.

The difficulty wasn't too tough. Unfortunately, I experienced a bug in the final fight which halted my progress. I had to reload my game and start that fight again in order to progress.

Building your own robot is kinda cool, but having to go find parts (you need so much adhesive and aluminum) can get annoying. Overall, it's a nice DLC package to play if you've got the season pass. I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag on its own though. [/u]

I missed a card in White Orchard, so I'll have to do another card collecting run on Death March!

But this is one of the rare games where trophies aren't my forefront. I'm loving this game so much. Not even bored a little bit.

There's almost always something new to do in The Witcher III. You'll only get bored once you have somehow managed to finish every single side quest, which will take you a long time anyway. :p

Dragon Age: Inquisition. I did it! It took me a lot more than a hunred hours.
Cities: Skylines - built my super big city with tones of traffic jams.
Amnesia:The Dark Descent - damn, that was the scariest game I ever played.

PS4

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
That's about it when it comes to recent games.
Actually, that's about it so far for this year, though I'm currently replaying Ocarina of Time on my Nintendo 64 since I haven't played it in years, will beat it soon since I just completed the dreaded Water Temple.

Finally finished the story for Dust: An Elysian Tail. I just have two more trophies to get for the platinum, so I'm going to try to finish those up tonight, or maybe this weekend.

EDIT: Platinum obtained.

PS4:

Life is Strange - 8 / 10
Dishonored: Definitive Edition - 8 / 10
Dying Light: The Following - 8.5 / 10
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 9 / 10
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 8.5 / 10
Hitman (tutorial levels, Paris) - 8 / 10
Salt and Sanctuary - 8 / 10
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt DLC - Hearts of Stone - 9.5 / 10
Fallout 4 DLC - Automatron - 6.5 / 10
Dark Souls III - 9 / 10

I finished Dark Souls III last night, finishing the game just shy under thirty hours of game play and at a character level of 89. Not going new game plus, because I don't want to do NG+ with any upcoming DLC.

I really enjoyed it, but I felt it was the easiest of the Souls games I've played so far. I can't help but wonder though, was it easy because I knew what I was doing for a change (where as in the original game, DH2 and Bloodborne I kinda fumbled around) or was the game designed to be easier and more accessible to newcomers, thus making it easier for me?

There's only two areas of the game that actually gave me trouble. The rest, I didn't actually die that often. Not nearly as much as I did in DH2 and Bloodborne.

Best Souls game of the series though. Really enjoyed it.

I'll give Dark Souls III a score of 9 / 10.

I remember actually doing this same exact thread on the E-mpire forums starting back in 2006 and it was a lot of fun. Glad to see this kind of thread on GR as I've left that community. I remember winning from 2006-2010 and had a blast each year seeing each members' numbers stack up. I'd like to use the format I did from that forum just for my own nostalgia's sake!

1. Halo 3: ODST (XONE) - I remember playing this when it came out on Xbox 360 and ACTUALLY falling asleep playing it. The game's hub world was a bad idea to extend game time. It could have just been DLC or an expansion for Halo 3. Not really missing much if you haven't played this.

Score: 7.5/10

2. Lara Croft GO (AND) - The best mobile game for 2015 HANDS DOWN. The graphics are great and the gameplay is very cerebral. LOVE IT.

Score: 9/10

3. Firewatch (PC) - A fantastic adventure game, in fact, one of the best I have played in years. While the ending fell short it was a great emotional roller coaster.

Score: 8.5/10

4. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC) - I have to say this is one of the most beautiful games released for this generation. I was craving a game that could push my system to its limits since The Witcher 3 and my rig handled this wonderfully. The story was a bit on the iffy side, and it just wasn't as good as 2013's TR, but still a lot of fun.

Score: 9/10

5. That Dragon, Cancer (PC) - This was a shitty game, but a great story. I had real emotional connection with this game as I have a son on the way and it stirred up some emotions I didn't know I could feel. Everyone who has a kid or has gone through cancer or some sort of life threatening condition and survived should play this.

Score: 7/10

Master_Craig said:
Good idea to give your games a score. I might do the same. Nice work, man.

These are actually the scores I gave on my gaming site, but I can't link them properly here as GR has an ancient forum. I want to use a hotlink and turn the text into the link. I used to do that on the E-mpire forums.

Ivory_Soul said:
Master_Craig said:

These are actually the scores I gave on my gaming site, but I can't link them properly here as GR has an ancient forum. I want to use a hotlink and turn the text into the link. I used to do that on the E-mpire forums.
You can do that on every forum ever that's written in phpBB.

Maybe I'm spoiled by having mandatory computer classes in school growing up, but wow dude, I'm seriously surprised that you didn't know that. I could give you a crash course, if you want.

To turn text into a link, use:
Your text.

De-Ting said:
Ivory_Soul said:
Master_Craig said:

Maybe I'm spoiled by having mandatory computer classes in school growing up, but wow dude, I'm seriously surprised that you didn't know that. I could give you a crash course, if you want.

Your text.

Wait...I remember now. I feel dumb. I knew there was a way, but I'm spoiled with the highlighting and just clicking the box to make it a link. I haven't had to do it manually in YEARS.

Ivory_Soul said:
De-Ting said:
Ivory_Soul said:
Master_Craig said:

Your text.

Wait...I remember now. I feel dumb. I knew there was a way, but I'm spoiled with the highlighting and just clicking the box to make it a link. I haven't had to do it manually in YEARS.
Funny, I always type it out, myself. I haven't used the buttons since the very first forum I ever used, and I didn't know I was proud of that until right now. :p <---Typed that out, too!

De-Ting said:
Ivory_Soul said:
De-Ting said:
Ivory_Soul said:
Master_Craig said:

Your text.

Funny, I always type it out, myself. I haven't used the buttons since the very first forum I ever used, and I didn't know I was proud of that until right now. :p <---Typed that out, too!

It all literally came back to me instantly. I just did the link colors and everything. To my credit, GR needs to update their forum though. It is pretty ancient compared to most forums.

Steam

Hexcells
Hexcells Plus
Half Life 2
Europa Universalis IV - Ottoman Empire, 1444-1820
Spec Ops: The Line
Tales of Maj'Eyal
- Cornac/Paradox Mage
- Cornac/Doomed
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Embers of Rage DLC Campaign
- Orc/Sawbutcher
Hexcells Infinite
Mass Effect - 8.5/10
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - 6.5/10

Replay of Mass Effect, went FemShep, wussed out of full Renegade and went with my heart and plot is still as good as ever. Infiltrator was pretty nice and being able to snipe worth a damn made some segments much easier. Biotics are still hella powerful as support and forgot how you would be rolling in credits by the end of it, or way before the end of it. Got everybody decked out in Spectre gear bought a few more instead of buybacks because I was so rich.

Mako missions, those can suck it. Driving up mountains is still not fun.

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, it's mostly just side missions to drive the plot along and eventually grinding for Wages to fight the final boss on a decent level. Takes approximately 10416 bullets to kill him. But it was fun, not something I would replay but it was still decent. Not nearly as funny as The Third or IV but worth the discount.

Europa Universalis IV was the longest by far, despite only focusing on Africa and Asia with minor allied wars in Europe. And Mass Effect, I couldn't stop playing it! Know I went through 12 hours in the span of two days playing the crap out of it. Also been doing better on tackling my backlog, somewhat.

And wrapped up two quick games of Civilization 5, standard-sized maps on Difficulty 2 and 3. Was trying to get back into it and won the first in a cultural victory and the second as a diplomatic, trying my best to not make it another cultural. Wasted 30 turns as I had 38 votes and could have bought the other two but realized my folly a turn late.

Steam

Hexcells
Hexcells Plus
Half Life 2
Europa Universalis IV - Ottoman Empire, 1444-1820
Spec Ops: The Line
Tales of Maj'Eyal
- Cornac/Paradox Mage
- Cornac/Doomed
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Embers of Rage DLC Campaign
- Orc/Sawbutcher
Hexcells Infinite
Mass Effect - 8.5/10
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - 6.5/10
Civilization V - 9/10
- Rome, Chieftain, Small-Sized map, Cultural Victory
- Egypt, Warlord, Standard-Sized Map, Diplomatic Victory

Civilization V, it's like crack. Kinda sucked when I tried it out first but when I tried it out again, I needed one more turn and then it was 123 turns later. But you take ONE city and then everybody hates your guts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle