XCOM - Enemy Unknown

The further I get into this game, the more I realize that I did a horrible job at organizing my facilities. And the Nexus should really join with the Relays for some kind of synergy.

Also, if you're an assault...chances are you're going to die. Sorry Lt. Dan, Longo...and at some point Matt "Posh" AY.

Also, congrats on being useless mod team, not a single one of you had "the gift". You are all mundane and not the next step in human evolution. Can't believe I trapped you in an isobaric chamber for ten days just to find out you're only a bullet -shooting killing machine and not also telepathic. All of humanity's hope lies with my youngest son, the telepathic sniper.

I love this game.

I've had to completely abandon the fight for Earth's freedom from the Alien threat for other pursuits. As entertaining as it is, I feel like it's impossible to get through a second playthrough of anything anymore.

Welcome to life as a video game reviewer...where you are always moving to the next thing or enjoying two things at once. Thank you for your sacrifice. It's almost as touching as the way you flung yourself in front of a chrysalid to save your platoon.

We felt slightly bad about shooting your zombie corpse in the face.

Very true. I just stocked up on Amazon trade-in credit for that very reason.

Finished it tonight, hell of a lot of fun and a great experience. My score on Normal was apparently a lot lower than the world in some aspects, but I beat it lesss days, less battles and with more countries having satellites. My major events came in pretty low too. All in all pretty awesome.

And my son, Cooper, was the best Gifted Sniper ever.

Also, the last mission has such a cool twist. Firaxis did a great job on the game and the patches have really improved a couple of the negative points that Dan's review highlighted.

The longer I played it, the more I noticed that it had in common with Firaxis' Civ Revolution's economy/science/culture structure. Which isn't saying anything negative since it was a concise and well built system that is implemented even better on this game.

There needs to be a 'strip all soldiers of all gear' button in the barracks.

Yes...if you're actively trying to build two squads while only outfitting just one squad...it can be laborious in between missions.

Or if you accidentally send a bunch of well-equipped soldiers to Psionics training....

See you in ten days, power weapons.

So was I the only one here to pay an extra $10 for the special edition box with the elite soldiers DLC included only to get dicked out of the DLC part?

Man, I don't think I'll ever be able to play on anything above Normal difficulty. I would consider myself a pretty good Tactical game player, but I just can't handle the resource management stuff. I totally fuck myself and just have the worst time of it.

Yeah that's how I ruined the game for myself on my first attempt. I got the free copy on Steam for preordering Bioshock, so I've been playing through again slowly as well. Built a Foundry right off the bat this time.

I've been meaning to play this pretty much since it came out....I think I'll start it up when I finish Infinite.

Can't wait for the Mac release this month. Absolutely love this game on Console. It can only be better with mouse and key though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod