XCOM - Enemy Unknown

Yeah yeah, it'll be a great game. Just i don't think it's fair to compare it to the original games. It's still another game that takes the franchise for me like say UFO: Aftermath or UFO: Aftershock (which are both underrated games for me and very mod friendly!). And i don't like the RTS like approach...

Still beside that, i got nothing but positive thoughts for the game. Waiting on the review before i order anything.

Yeah i love how the more you play the UFO: after series, the more you discover that actually, you are not sure about what's going on. Like the enemies you were fighting were actually refuges so you fight their pursuant but then the pursuant were actually trying to save life in the galaxy... just that they had to destroy earth to do so.

Oh 2K, why have you staggered the release dates so non-US countires have to wait until Friday?

I just cannot wait that long, so VPN here I come.

I meant for the console versions, because I'm a fag.

Also just wondering how the controls translate.

So far I am loving it.

For some reason the only people I have lost so far in my squads were Irish.

119057.jpg

Haha, if one of my elite soldiers dies, I just get as far into the engagement as possible with whoever is left to learn what the rest of the map looks like and where the enemies spawn.

Then I reload.

Random missions like the abductions will give you a new map, but the story missions are set.

How far are you Brett? Have you got the Hyperwave Relay yet?

Yes, I have a giant UFO flying around but I don't have the speed to catch or drop it. Just came across some new robot that crushes people if they're out of cover. And the chryssalids...man do I hate those things.

I'm also poor...I hate selling things. RIght now I have the standard start pieces, 2 satellites, 2 workshops (what a waste), lab, hyperwave, foundry...other stuff. I'm just waiting to get the alloys and money to build them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod