Choices...[and why you should just buy XCOM] (renamed)

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
Borderlands 2, Dishonored, XCOM....so many choices but I'm only buying one PS3 game...do opine, please.

EDIT: This is now a thread about the game that I purchased. XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Why you might ask? Well...uh...because it's a great game! Seriously. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time. Let alone a game that involves strategery.

Here's Dan's review...but let's all pretend that we already read it, mmmkay?

So where do I start? Do you like tactics and character progression? Do you dislike games where you could care less if a comrade falls in the middle of battle. Do you like your gameplay to have multiple facets? Then, X-COM!

It's like Firaxis took their Civ: Revolution platform and tweaked it so it was...engaging. It also has the feel of Valkyria chronicles too.

I'd say more, but...I have a game to play.

I have none of those. But I can tell you the snack to have whilst playing one of those three!

crumpets.jpg

Mmmmmmmm

teapot.jpg

mmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm.

I have borderlands 2, very, very solid game, I put it down after two weeks of religious play, but it's going to be supported properly down the line with DLC, so I'm happy with it

De-Ting said:
Obviously, you all need to go and find a good grammar teacher, more than anything. >_<
Is it better than a youtube comment?
Yes?

Stop complaining.

Bret, Borderlands 2 is heaps of fun. I'm yet to play XCOM because it's a 13gb download, and shit it's taking a long time, but i think it's gonna be heaps of fun.
Both are, however, very different so you'll have to decide yourself which you think you'll have more fun with. Shooting people in the face/commanding people in the face.

XCOM has been getting good reviews all over the place, but I still can't figure out what kind of game it is...

I heard it was like Fire Emblem and now I have to have it.

Got the demo, but haven't tried it yet.

It is amazing. Also, my current crew of five is all named after mods. Dan...you're an assault. Used...you're the support. Wicked...you're the guy that keeps dying and I think I'm on the fifth iteration of you. Sorry.

The game(xcom) has the best xbox gamepad controls i've ever played in this kind of game.

The keyboard and mouse setup isn't nearly as good but it has perfect gamepad integration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle