Men of War review.

Tylzen

Rookie
Men of War.

The Tylzen review.

Made by Best Way and 1C Company this RTS set in WW2.
Would I call it a RTS? It is more like a RPG combined with RTS. Commandos meeting Company of Heroes. It is not the first time a game has tried this and not even the first time doing so in this setting. A game such as Soldner did this too.
Men of War has just perfected it. Great graphics, fun gameplay, but it has the worst voice acting in gaming history. Without a doubt.

But an example of how awesome and fun this game is, I had a tank that got destroyed and one of the tank crew survived and all he was equipped with was a 9mm gun and a silly hat. So I made him go prone and crawl to the nearest dead german and had him pick up his ammo, rifle, grenades, and helmet. And slowly blasting my guy out of trouble. Meanwhile the entire company of men was fighting around him with their SMGs, anti-tank rifles, and other awesome equipment.
Every man is able to pick up any gun or use any equipment.

The multiplayer is also fun and is based on capture areas such as you do in Company of Heroes. And having areas you gain points. And when you reach the point limit you win.
There are no base building but you request reinforcements.
But there is no skirmish so it is either online or LAN.

There is only one thing that is terrible wrong with this game. The voice acting! It is horrible! Search on Youtube, Men of War voice acting.

But besides that the game is solid and very much fun.
It is available on Steam for not much.
Search Google for the demo, since I think the demo on Steam is not working.

Also Men of War comes with a map editor. :)
B+

iuipuiofxk.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod