Underrated Games!!!!

Let's get down to business!!! To defeat, The Huns!!! (just some background music while you read this)

Crimson Skies. This game was freakin' sweet. I mean really, the campaign was nothing short of amazing. Epic at several points, entertaining at all, and overall, just great fun. Back before I had Live on my Xbox, I'd just play through the campaign a few hundred times. Ah, those were the days. :cry:

MechAssault. I loved this game, and I never really found out why. The multiplayer was incredible, really, one of the first greats that nobody really played. The maps were well planned-out, the Mechs were all evenly powered, and it was a blast playing with people. Plus, the campaign was pretty sweet at some points, too.

Blinx: The Time Sweeper. Yeahhh! I'm not sure if anyone's ever heard of this game, but I used to love it. The second one was complete shit, but this one was fun. Besides the terrible camera at some points, and the difficulty, it was really a blast. Innovative, original, and exciting. I miss that thing.

Impossible Creatures. Nobody has heard of this game, and it's a shame. It's a strategy game, where you combine different creatures into your own units, and then pit them against other people. This game really grew on me, and now I think it's one of the best strategy games available, even today.

Obviously I'm pretty limited to PC and Xbox (I have yet to find a good, unhyped 360 game), so what are some of your guys' findings?

vagrant story. the only game of its kind. so much friggin depth to it. the weapon creation system alone could take you years to master.

godhand. yes, the graphics were bad, it was insanely hard on the tougher levels, but it oozed style, and anytime you can spank your enemies is a epic win.

silent hill 4: the room. yes, it was slow, the gameplay was differant from others, but enjoyed it. only being able to carry so few weapons and item actually added to the tenseness of the game.

keepithowitis said:
Crimson Skies. This game was freakin' sweet. I mean really, the campaign was nothing short of amazing. Epic at several points, entertaining at all, and overall, just great fun. Back before I had Live on my Xbox, I'd just play through the campaign a few hundred times. Ah, those were the days. :cry:
I actually much preferred the PC version

underrated ps1 games:

Disruptor
Destrega
felony 11' 79
the lost world (hard but fun movie-game)
poy poy
over blood

underrated ps2 games

Ring of red
Fire warrior
MDK 2
the mark of kri
project eden
giants: citizen kabuto

underrated dreamcast games

outtrigger
toy commander
chu chu rocket!
virtual on: oratorio tangram (even better if you got the sticks)
sword of the berserk: gut's rage
jojo's bizarre adventure

there

keepithowitis said:
Impossible Creatures. Nobody has heard of this game, and it's a shame. It's a strategy game, where you combine different creatures into your own units, and then pit them against other people. This game really grew on me, and now I think it's one of the best strategy games available, even today.

I had Impossible creatures for a bit, I loved the animal creator but wasn't really drawn in by the gameplay.

Jackel585 said:
keepithowitis said:
I actually much preferred the PC version

I second that! The amount of customisation puts the Xbox version to shame. Almost all Fasa Studios games of old lets you customise your warmachine to the smallest detail, like in the Mechwarrior 2 / 3 and Crimson Skies series. The games played like a simulation with rather elaborate control schemes for their fantasy like machines. When Fasa signed over their franchises to Microsoft, they got butchered and it got way to arcade like. I am still waiting for a good Mechwarrior ever since microsoft took over, which does justice to the old (board) games.

Anywho...

Project Nomads is a little title I really like. The voice acting was awkward at first, but the gameplay really sucked me in at one point. Basically you control your own floating Island which you can upgrade. The upgrades like cannons or hangars you can put on auto pilot to attack the enemy, or you can take direct control. The story was weird as well, can't remember much about it, but I do know I loved it. And the game ended really open, it really deserves a sequel.

Ashalar said:
I second that! The amount of customisation puts the Xbox version to shame. Almost all Fasa Studios games of old lets you customise your warmachine to the smallest detail, like in the Mechwarrior 2 / 3 and Crimson Skies series.
Oh, by far. I just never got into really liking the PC controls for Mech games. I was playing the Mech 4: Mercenaries thing a few days ago, and if that was on the Xbox, with that kind of customization, it'd be gold.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
vagrant story. the only game of its kind. so much friggin depth to it. the weapon creation system alone could take you years to master.

DOTA. A hidden gem. really, it is.
20070606051738-dota-644-main_Full.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle