Best Co-op games

Delorean88

Rookie
Recently a buddy of mine and I were playing L4D2 on his xbox and I forgotten how much fun that game was when playing with friends. Then that made think about the games I've played in life that were some of the most fun co-op experiences and I was wondering for you guys what were some of the best. For me one of the top co-op games was the original Halo, I spent hours upon hours tag teaming that game on normal, heroic and legendary with my older brother because we wanted (and boredom) not because of achievements.

Wrestling, the first Ghost Recon game, and Operation Desert Storm. Me and my buddy never beat Desert storm, to this day it bums me out his PS2 died before we could be it.

The Warriors
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Gears of War I/II (best part of the games)
And yeah, L4D is pretty good co-op wise.

Some really fun older games from the top of my mind.

Bubble Bobble
Contras
Gauntlets
Beat 'Em ups like Double Dragon and River City Ransom
Darius Twin
Goof Troop

Good newer ones:

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - Really awesome, seriously more sneaking co-op games are needed
Little Big Planet
Rayman Origins

and if you start to think outside splitscreen, co-op games like Killing Floor and Swat 3/4 are great.

Co-Op is one of the biggest plusses a game can have when I'm choosing on what to buy.

I really enjoyed Army of Two...it's a guilty pleasure.

I would've loved to see the Prince of Persia reboot try co-op play if it had received a follow-up.

Big Money Big Prizes I LOVE IT
super_smash_tv_snes_box.jpg
[/b]

Dead Nation on PSN is one of the best co-op zombie shooters that isn't spilt screen. I love local co-op games but I've been spoiled ever since the switch to HD and hate spiltting up the screen for co-op games ( it wasn't an issue in the late 90's but like Bret pointed out the N64 was the pinnacle of local co-op). Which means I play alot of beat-em-ups. Dead Nation is third-person bird's eye view which might not sound appealing to some but I found it to be quite addictive and challenging.

Just make sure to turn the brightness all the way up otherwise it feels like the enemies are cheating.

Borderlands is the last game we lanned 3-player every weekend. But then we made the switch to partying over Xbox Live and the game lost almost all of its charm.

used44 said:
Borderlands is the last game we lanned 3-player every weekend. But then we made the switch to partying over Xbox Live and the game lost almost all of its charm.

Pretty much same for us (though we were on PC). It just wasn't as fun when you weren't yelling across the room at each other rather than over the microphone.

There was this arcade game I remember from back when kids would actually go to Arcades since you couldn't get that type of quality gaming at home. It was a shooting/driving game where one player would drive and the passenger would shoot. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but I remember it being fun playing as the driver or the shooter.

WickedLiquid said:
There was this arcade game I remember from back when kids would actually go to Arcades since you couldn't get that type of quality gaming at home. It was a shooting/driving game where one player would drive and the passenger would shoot. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but I remember it being fun playing as the driver or the shooter.

I remember playing that game with my dad once! I forgot about that one... good memory! Arcade games were always fun to play co-op. Turtles in time was amazing in the arcade (or on your console of choice) for co-op.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod