Why the one player games

Do you think there should be no more one player games with today's online Capabilities

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• I'm good either way

• Total voters
So last night i was playing mass effect. which is still an awsome game i dont care what anyone say's. and I thought to my self there is alot of Locked up Potential in this game. Then i thought to me self. It would be a heck of a lot better if there was a co-op mode. that way you didn't have to baby-sit the friendly A.I. the whole time. then my heaad opened up even more and said you could totaly make an awsome online multiplayer with tihs. i mean think about it, it let's you customize your weapons, armor, and abilitys. so then i woundered why even have one-player games at all. I mean were still in the middle of the online revolution so why keep making one-player games. there's even ways to make assasins creed Online Multiplayer, and fable, Anyway those are my thought's. So tell me what you think.

there is a reason to still make one player games.there are the people that don't have online capabilities or would rather just play the game by themselves than with others.they have plenty of multiplayer and online games out there but there should still be one player games for the people that prefer to play alone

I think that if it is a first person shooter where the main character is a soldier then it is alright. For most games however, making it coop or vs. would detract from the game. Especially a game like Mass Effect, where the player is required to make choices that change how the game goes, having another person there would take away a good portion of the game and just leave the combat. Because, really, who wants multiplayer dialogue? Another game is Bioshock, where it is telling Jack's story. It isn't him and a bunch of other people who are just like him. It is all about what he has to do, and it would have made the game a lot worse to feature multiplayer in it. Assassin's Creed would not be good online because there could be no combat between players and it is another game where he has to do what he does alone. He has to get redemption for what he does.

Single players will still be here for the gamers who would rather play alone. For RPGs like Mass Effect, it would be better in Single player for it's story, dialogue between characters and such.
We already have plenty of MMO's, so why not just make more SP games?

No way.

I like the way things are now, with games being released that either:
a) have an incredibly developed storyline at the expense of multiplayer (KotOR)
b) are doubly capable of handling both solo and multiplayer, and do both admirable (UT2004)
c) forego a single player so that they are focused on making a damn fine multiplayer experience (Uh, any MMO?)

trust_no_one said:
Or have dial-up?

Hahaha!

I suppose you call up your girls on a house phone too? And pick them up in your horse-drawn carriage, Amish-boy?

I'm just fucking with you.

I play games primarily for the same reason I read books and watch movies. I like stories and progressing adventures. Online gaming is more about gameplay and combat, the plotlines are normally simplified. Whilst that's all good fun there's always going to be room for single player gaming.

monkeygoat said:
I play games primarily for the same reason I read books and watch movies. I like stories and progressing adventures. Online gaming is more about gameplay and combat, the plotlines are normally simplified. Whilst that's all good fun there's always going to be room for single player gaming.

I completely agree. The story is what makes the game for me. Advancing your character through the events, maxing out his skills - I installed quake 4 today after a hiatus and tried out the multipplayer and got bored really quick. Kill this guy, run around the room, get killed by someone else. Then I got hooked on the single player mode again. As shallow as the story is, I still enjoy the situations. That's kind of what ruined Dawn of War in my opinion- with Dark Crusade, the story is kind of removed in favour of the 'continous campaign' idea. They did this really well with Empire at War because there was still a story. We'll see how DoW2 works.

trust_no_one said:
Or have dial-up?
Are you sitting down? I have some horrible news.

Two planes have crashed into the WTC, a third crashed into the Pentagon and afourth has mysertously crashed in Pennsylvania . There were no survivors on any of the planes. :cry:

Jesus Christ what a stupid question. Could you imagine playing multi-player Silent Hill? How about multi-player Tomb Raider. Yeah, that'll do wonders for the atmosphere.

Just because you like multi-player games, doesn't mean everybody does. I must prefer the deep and involving storylines you can only get from single-player games, and the atmosphere generated by being alone while exploring a massively impressive area.

thetank said:
trust_no_one said:
Or have dial-up?

Hahaha!

I suppose you call up your girls on a house phone too? And pick them up in your horse-drawn carriage, Amish-boy?

I'm just f****** with you.

Pfft, dem hoez call ME up, on mah cell phone. And I drive a '91 Dynasty, biatch. Big, comfy backseats :bigpimp:

trust_no_one said:
thetank said:
trust_no_one said:
Or have dial-up?

Hahaha!

I'm just f****** with you.

Pfft, dem hoez call ME up, on mah cell phone. And I drive a '91 Dynasty, biatch. Big, comfy backseats :bigpimp:

Yeah, yeah, 1-nothing TNO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle