Which mario game made a bigger impact in video game history?

Which mario game made a bigger impact in video game history?

• Super Mario Bros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Bros 1.5 (the lost levels)

• Super Mario Bros. 2

• Super Mario Bros 3

• Super Mario World

• Super Mario RPG

• Super Mario 64

• Super Mario Sunshine (ya right...)

• Super Mario Galaxy

• Total voters
I think the first one.

But the third one probably is the best game. Plus it's my favourite Mario game. So I'm saying SUper Mario Bros 3.

I gotta side with Super Mario Bros. 3. Sure, the original is classic, but the third introduced the wide variety of items, hidden secrets in both the level and the world map. Heck, the world map was unique. And each world had its own unique feel, which I felt truly made it stand out.

The first, followed by the third and then 64.

Super Mario RPG might be the best game ever made, and never gets enough recognition, but it definitely wasn't the most important

The three games that made a huge impact were Super Mario Bros for launching Nintendo, SMB3 for it's huge leaps it took from the previous 2 games, and SM64 for revolutionizing platformers into the 3rd dimension.

I guess an easier question is which one of those was the worst. And I'd have to say Sunshine was the worst which I'm guessing you agree.

Sunshine was alright, but it just felt like Super Mario 64 with a jet-pack. Super Mario World was also a great game, but that also felt like SMB3 with prettier colours.

SMB launched Nintendo so the first game made the biggest impact.

Also, The Lost Levels is actually the sequel and was released in Japan as SMB 2.The one we got in NA/Europe was Doki Doki Panic but with Mario characters.

Kinda like the NES final fantasy games, it's confusing.

...and who would referee all your favorite NES sports games? Certainly not Link or Samus!

I mean, the reason that Mario does so well is that he can connect with us. He is the everyman. How many of you have monkeyed around under a sink or even given the toilet lever that extra jiggle to flush? How many of us have siblings that we must continually push out of the spotlight? Everyone likes to jump on small defenseless animals! And who doesn't like mushrooms and princesses? Mario=Joe the Plumber=everyman

LinksOcarina said:
without Super Mari Bros. There would be no Nintendo.
Are you sure about that? You're saying all the money for r&d that went into the NES was entirely done for the purposes of launching SMB?

No, he's saying it's the flagship of the company and the success of the game aided in it's founding. Way to dig deep, Geraldo Rivera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod