Console (and Game) That Made You Become a Gamer

I was always a gamer, but Final Fantasy 7 turned me into a true gamer. Ocarina of Time can be credited as the game that first brought me to become a hardcore, but FF7 sealed the deal.

Hard to say. My first "damn this is cool" game was Full Throttle on Macintosh, but Street Fighter II was the first multiplayer game I really got hooked on, making me really play a lot.

LinksOcarina said:
The good old NES, and believe it or not it was Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers. I played that game (which in hindsight it was an ok game, a C to C- type) to death until I beat it, and this was when I was around 2 years old.

That's a good example because we all expected to get addicted to Mario games (and buy the sequels before we even knew about them, which of course we did).

Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers was a solid co-op platformer. Disney had a number of NES hits, Capcom knew had a make a great game.

It was Ducktales for me, another classic Disney Capcom collab. Then of course Mega Man 2. Capcom couldn't be stopped back then.

When a game outside of the regular suspects hooked you, that's when you knew.

Also, Safari Hunt, a game built into the Master System. Safari Hunt > Duck Hunt

before any of this? Probably Frogger for Atari 2600. But Ducktales is when I knew I had a problem.

It was Ducktales on the NES as well for me, I loved that game and played it all the time. I also then became a huge Ninja Gaiden fan as well. Those two set the foundation. I was the set in for life after playing Final Fantasy 2 on the SNES.

There was another Disney game that I can't even remember the name of...but for whatever reason I played it to death too, they were in a theme park or something and I remember this minecart game that I played over and over for the NES.

anyone have a clue?

I can't remember the game, but I've been playing since since I was like...2. My brother got an NES and got me hooked.

LinksOcarina said:
There was another Disney game that I can't even remember the name of...but for whatever reason I played it to death too, they were in a theme park or something and I remember this minecart game that I played over and over for the NES.

anyone have a clue?

The only games I can think of right now with minecarts were Donkey Kong and Super Adventure Island.

I have been playing games for a really long time, but as for the game that got me really into video games... I think it was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game that got me really addicted. Then the Mario games.

LinksOcarina said:

anyone have a clue?

It was Disney's Adventures in the Magic Kingdom. You went through different areas to collect keys to the Magic Kingdom. My favorite levels were the Pirates of the Carribean level and the Haunted Mansion. The Space Mountain level was annoying though.

NES was my first console and Kirby's Adventure was the first game I got hooked on. I didn't offically become a gamer until I finished the original Spyro for the PS1 100%. Good times.

The Amiga, with Rainbow Islands and Space Inavders.

From then on my fate was clear, I would be a lazy fuck playing games my whole life.

Super mario world on the original grey Gameboy (read Brickboy) followed by Link's Awakening and Pokémon red. Before that I used to play games on my dad's computer from time to time but they never got me hooked.

Oh, I forgot:

Cold Shadow (not too many people remember that one)

and arguably the best game ever made: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Nintendo needs to bring back Geno...

Oscihedgehog said:
Prooobably for me it would be either:
Rush 2149 on the Dreamcast or Red Alert on the PC

Ah ... Red Alert. Good, good memories. When I was a kid and played it I always thought that Tanya was the hottest. :D

Sega Genesis and Streets of Rage. Or maybe one of the Sonic games, but SOR is the only game that comes to mind.

even before the NES... it would have to be pac man for the arcade... that when i knew i loved playing games..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle