Expert Gamer

TheDiesel said:
I've put around 1,500 hours in Final Fantasy X. Beaten it around 14 times. Yeah, I like that game.

That's cool, but I thought we were talking about one continuous game. If we count replays I'm sure we've all spent thousands of hours playing our favortie games.

The more I got older the less amount of time I spent with a game, back in the day I spent days upon days raping and pillaging in warcraft 2 and starcraft. Then my hour dedication moved to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. But I think the games recently I poured the most amount of hours are Halo 2, 3 and Reach, COD 4, Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield 3, Counter Strike and TF2. My hours played amount might not reach to the thousands but I am damn sure I poured hundreds of hours into Halo, Counter Strike and COD multiplayer

WickedLiquid said:
TheDiesel said:
I've put around 1,500 hours in Final Fantasy X. Beaten it around 14 times. Yeah, I like that game.

That's cool, but I thought we were talking about one continuous game. If we count replays I'm sure we've all spent thousands of hours playing our favortie games.

Well if that's the case, I think my highest hours I've put into one save file was around 250, spent mostly trying to fill the Sphere Grid on every character.

I'd say 60% of my teenage life was spent playing video games.

So 7 years = 2556 days (well, technically it is 2556.695393, but with the Gregorian calendar it is 2556)
24 hours in a day so that makes 61344 hours.

So according to my estimation, I spent 36,086 hours playing video games from the ages of 13 to 20 alone. But what about school? Lets recalculate this...

180 days in a school year
720 days 4 years
Given 8 hours of sleep and 8 hours of school, that gives me 5760 hours available to play video games. I didn't do much homework and didn't really have a social life, but the internet did take up much of my time. So lets say I had a total of 5 hours to play games on school nights. That would give me 3600 hours total for my teenage life (excluding freshman year at college, which surprisingly didn't really affect my game time that much).

This brings my total gaming time down to 29880 hours for my teenage life. So instead of 60% of my teenage life I probably spent 48% of it playing video games. Hmm.

I still have a crapton more hours of video game play in my life, but the teenage years is definitely when I accumulated most of my game playtime.

TheDiesel said:
WickedLiquid said:
TheDiesel said:

Well if that's the case, I think my highest hours I've put into one save file was around 250, spent mostly trying to fill the Sphere Grid on every character.

Respeck... Thats tough... took me awhile for kimahri

spartan317 said:
Respeck... Thats tough... took me awhile for kimahri

Yeah, he was actually the only one I got a full Sphere Grid for, Master Tonberry grinding with Triple AP in the Calm Lands can only be fun for so long before it's like pulling teeth.

TheDiesel said:
Yeah, he was actually the only one I got a full Sphere Grid for, Master Tonberry grinding with Triple AP in the Calm Lands can only be fun for so long before it's like pulling teeth.

Was Wakka for me the first. Had triple ap double ap and an xp booster... had ap left over after circling the board. When I got sick of calm lands I'd go to Yojimbo's temple... Lots of badasses there...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod