Console (and Game) That Made You Become a Gamer

Boringman54

Rookie
Which console (and game) was the one that mad you a true, hardcore, video game loving gamer? I'd say that the N64 and Ocarina of Time (and maybe Super Mario 64 too) probably did that for me.

The good old NES, and believe it or not it was Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers. I played that game (which in hindsight it was an ok game, a C to C- type) to death until I beat it, and this was when I was around 2 years old.

First game I remember playing on the NES was Super Mario Bros 3.

But I'd say I officially became a hardcore gamer when I 100%-ed Crash Team Racing on PSX.

all of the mario games for the nes. Im not that old but thats all my grandparents had at their house

For me it was either the first Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt game for the NES or it was Super Mario World for the SNES. I don't remember which one, but the SNES was the first console I ever owned.

The first Super Mario Bros. on the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). We got it for Christmas when I was about six years old, so that would of been what.. 1992? Sure the NES had been out for quite some time already, but that's what got me started. We also got Duckhunt and the Nintendo light gun with the console, it was like a big special package thing. I played Mario more than Duckhunt, though.

Either Spiderman on the Atari 2600 (which is currently sitting above my computer, even though I have no 2600), or probably a wrestling game for the PS1, which caused my parents to get me a PS1 for christmas that year. I remember being so disappointed because I got Tekken instead of the wrestling game, but now I am glad.
After reasearch, this is the wrestling game. here

Officially:
Super Nintendo Entertainment System.
Super Mario World, and Donkey Kong Country.

Unofficially (like, I was too young to quite grasp the concepts yet but I liked the sounds and pictures):
Nintendo Gameboy
Tetris, Dr. Mario, Mickey's Dangerous Chase, Mysterium, Star Wars

I'm 21, I've been gaming for a very long time. Since I was a young kid, but the console that really cemented my love for gaming was probably the Nintendo 64. And the one game that led me to the point where I am now was Metal Gear Solid.

Hmmm ... think I played my first game when I was very, very young - I played an Aladin type game and love the sword animation! :D

The console that made me a gamer? I'd say it was the Gameboy and the Pokemon games when I was a little kid, like 5 - 6 years old and I felt really awesome when my Squirtle (hope I remembered the name right) evolved the second time into Blastoise. :D I was so happy back then. Think I just leveled that SOB up and had one level 99 pokemon that soloed the whole Top Four. :p

I was so proud of myself. ^__^

First game I started with was King's Quest V for the PC. This is what got me into gaming, really. I remember playing Aladin on the Gameboy. First console game I played I think.

the classic NES

I was three years old, my uncle was trying to clear the stage in "Mario Bros" but kept dying. Well i was begging to let him give me a try, so he let me. 25 minutes later, the game was beat, and my uncle was shocked. That day forward i was allowed to play video games without asking my mom/dad

Lovely question.
Console: Sega Genesis
Game: The Adventures of Batman and Robin. That game was so hard, and I was so determined to beat it (it took me many years), so I ended up playing it obsessively.

It's also because of Super Street Fighter II Turbo for the same console that I became a fighting game junkie...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod