Are the movies better than the games

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
There's going to be a Gears of War movie comming out (old news)
I want to know do people think the movies are better or the game. Look what they did to Super Mario and the movie they made for that.

The only thing better than the movie that is based off a game is the game that is based off the movie that is based off the game.

Depends on the games and/or movies that one mentions or that is being mentioned.
But the GoW movie will be like Doom in a sense.

UghRochester said:
There's going to be a Gears of War movie comming out (old news)
I want to know do people think the movies are better or the game. Look what they did to Super Mario and the movie they made for that.
Now if that movie is going to be based off of Gears of War then it is going to be a pretty short movie.

A gears movie should be pretty good if they have invested interest in getting it right... it'll be a decent action movie.

The problem with the Doom movie is they just blatently won't touch the fact that these things are hell spawn. The virus idea was stupid, that movie could have possibly been better if they had flaming skulls, pentagrams and devilish shit going on.

Longo_2_guns said:
The only thing better than the movie that is based off a game is the game that is based off the movie that is based off the game.

Ha-haaaa! Street fighter.

*shakes head*

Havn't really seen to many good games go to movies, but seen some movies go good to games. I'd say overall I'm preety much split down the middle because vegging out watching a movie with a lady is always a good idea, but playing vids and destroying people ain't all that bad either. sooo 50/50 I guess.

If the game is based off of the movie, it most likely sucks, but if the movie is based off of the game it has a slight probability that it won't suck entirely.

Uwe Boll, in a disturbing case of wisdom and insight, speaks to the Canadians at LoadingReadyRun.com about movies and video games. While I'll be the first to admit his movies suck, his profundity on the question of "Why do video games based on movies suck, and why do movies based on video games suck?" is quite refreshing. He basically states that in regard to movies, they are always going to fail because the studios never give video game movies the budget that say, comic book movies receive, and are basically thought up as failures from the get go. Granted Mr. Boll hasn't helped this situation by churning out crap.

Of course, we are also forgetting video games based off of books, or even rarer, video games based off the work of an author. In the case of the latter, one solely has to site Advent Rising, and with all the backing going into it, it still failed.

I feel that the ultimate solution will be something that early disk based games tried to incorporate: a movie whose outcome is decided by the viewer. Now I'm not saying what we need is, like those rumors about MGS4, and a 90 minute straight cutscene, but more full acting scenes where the viewer has some form of control. I don't know how to do this, but eventually technology will lead to this. And if it does, I hope we always get the option to kill the annoying character.

Trippysmurf said:
I don't know how to do this, but eventually technology will lead to this. And if it does, I hope we always get the option to kill the annoying character.

Fallout did that, although the interface was a little... unattractive. It was like an interactive novel with parts of the story and dialouge that you choose to uncover. And ofcourse you had the option of killing entire towns. i guess someone should ask which is better for what. Because i dont want to play through Fallout again to enjoy a quick story. Sometimes a movie is better. Not as detailed though. Ha-haaa. Dangly Parts.

JCD said:
Sorry I missed this. Wrong forum, moved.

My bad, i always post topics in microsoft. It's my problem and i need to recognized which topic should go where. Plus That one about Gears of War 2 ending leak. That was all made from a figment of my imagination. Sorry, it was humorous to me

UghRochester said:
JCD said:

My bad, i always post topics in microsoft. It's my problem and i need to recognized which topic should go where. Plus That one about Gears of War 2 ending leak. That was all made from a figment of my imagination. Sorry, it was humorous to me
It's not a problem if you learn from it. With the MS forum being so great and all, I can understand your reluctance to post anywhere else. :)

JCD said:
UghRochester said:
JCD said:

It's not a problem if you learn from it. With the MS forum being so great and all, I can understand your reluctance to post anywhere else. :)

Ok, what about my false posting for Gears of War 2. I could already assume you knew it was false and obvivously knew i was doing it as a humorous prank

As a quick addition,
which is better:

Cloverfield
or
Mass Effect..

..makes the decision between the two harder, yes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle