Gears of War 2 vs Resistance 2

Which game will you buy around November?

• Resistance 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gears of War 2

• neither/don't care

• Total voters

CTHunter777

Rookie
http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=022208_7
http://kotaku.com/358805/gears-of-war-2-teaser
Sony just recently announced that Resistance 2 will come out around the same time as Gears 2. This is Sony's way of fighting Microsoft. Now say all the fanboyism you want (hence one of the reasons why I made this topic) but if you were like me and you thought Resistance 1 wasn't really good you have to admit those screenshots make Resistance 2 look amazing. Now I am trying not to be a fanboy anymore for Microsoft so I gonna say stuff like Sony has as much as a Game of the Year chance with Resistance 2 as Microsoft has with Gears 2. And honestly with those screenshots I am actually interested in the game and I want to know more. And if I had a PS3 or was in the position to buy 1 I would get the game. So which game do you did will either be better or sell better?

Gears 1 was better than Resistance 1, but who knows how it'll go this time? I still think Gears 2 will sell much more than Resistance 2, just because there are more 360's than PS3's.

And neither of them will get game of the year. Not from anybody who matters anyway.

Honestly, I thought that Resistance and Gears kind of balanced out overall, but as of right now I'm gpomg to have to say Resistance 2 simply because more has been released about it, and the prospect of 8 person Co-op and 60 person online just sounds amazing. And Insomniac has a habit of creating the coolest weapons ever.

But if Nathan fought Marcus, that would be a great show.

In my opinion, Gears of War was the only shooter that was really different and innovative compared to other shooters. I never understood Halo's success, which is exactly like every other basic shooters : shoot, jump, grenade. Gears of War's cover system was really innovative and good-looking, I've never had so much fun playing a shooter. I wish I could play it online, but my friend's console isn't on Xbox Live, so I could only play the story mode and the versus mode.

All I paly in GoW is the campaign. I've gone online once or twice, but the campaign is the bulk of it for me.

I share your feelings in regards to Halo Bipu. Vastly over-rated, not very innovative, paper thin gameplay.

What, JCD? Resistance is better than Gears. The sequels will be the same way.

Don't know enough about either.

Imo Gears 1 was way better than Res 1.

And on face value, Gears 2 has more going for it (more hype on the first game etc)

I have a strong feeling that both will be widely reviewed as 10/10 games, but they will be very different.

Obviously if you want the solid online multiplayer action, you need to go for Resistance. Chances are it's going to thomp all other competition.

But what Gears has is hype. Hype is a very powerful, terrible weapon that can destroy all the good on the earth.

However, if people begin to realize the PS3, some of that hype might shift in a different direction.

From what I've seen of resistance 2 its looks and sounds pretty sexy, I'm sure GoW 2 will be a solid game though I sorta have a certain dislike for Cliffy B though

Gears for no decent reason other than i hate the idea that the the resistence story pins europeans as defenseless and has americans bailling them out. way too many games leave the us as the ultimate in awesome military. while in reality they reverse trucks over their own men.

of course as an aussie the odds of an australian soldier making it into anything other than halo is slim to none.

so halo wins because aussies rule.

mooseodeath said:
Gears for no decent reason other than i hate the idea that the the resistence story pins europeans as defenseless and has americans bailling them out. way too many games leave the us as the ultimate in awesome military. while in reality they reverse trucks over their own men.

of course as an aussie the odds of an australian soldier making it into anything other than halo is slim to none.

Well, the game is based outta World War 2, and we did save your asses in both world wars, so.

Modern times is a different story.

mooseodeath said:

In Resistance, Nathan Hale (main dude) was the only American to survive the resistance. So yeah.

And maybe you aussies should get off yer butts and make some games once in a while. <_<

mooseodeath said:
That's kind of how the story goes, but not really. Mainland Europe is taken by suprise by the Chimera attacks and falls because the Chimera are more advanced, stronger, a larger army, can heal, and can transform all people into more Chimera. England manages to hold out for longer simply because they had longer to study the Chimera and prepare for the attack. Well soon the Chimera dig through the the English Channel and get into England, where England gets overrun. The English fight back and manage to stay alive and keep fighting. Enter the Americans, who have the typical attitude of "We can do it!" and send in an army. The entire army is blown to shit in like 3 hours, except for Nathan Hale, who only survives because he wakes up after becoming infected, something that never happens. Since he woke up, he wasn't converted and remained human, but took in some Chimeran traits, such as the ability to hear the Angels, his glowing eyes, and most importantly the ability to heal very quickly. Basically, throughout the game it is the British army that gives you the info and it is the British that win against the Chimera. The fact that Nathan is American isn't the reason he is as powerful as he is, it is the fact that he has mutant powers.

Bipumaster said:
In my opinion, Gears of War was the only shooter that was really different and innovative compared to other shooters. I never understood Halo's success, which is exactly like every other basic shooters : shoot, jump, grenade. Gears of War's cover system was really innovative and good-looking, I've never had so much fun playing a shooter. I wish I could play it online, but my friend's console isn't on Xbox Live, so I could only play the story mode and the versus mode.

The cover system is not really innovative. It's not used very much but not entirely groundbreaking. I think the developers even said that they drew the idea of their cover system from Kill Switch, a PS2 game.

And for which one is better, ones third person the other is first and I don't like to compare games with that difference. Kinda like how Rainbow Six: Vegas 1/2 has been/ is going to be compared to Call of Duty 4.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
mooseodeath said:

Well, the game is based outta World War 2, and we did save your asses in both world wars, so.

Modern times is a different story.

The war was hardly going to be lost before America decided to grace us with their presence.

Sam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod