What do you hate most in a game?

MrHimashi said:
but I just picked it up on the ps2 and I was struggling constantly to have a decent amount of ammo.
That is because in the PS2 version they made it so that there was less ammo and you would have to conserve it.

Dear lord how I hate RPG dungeons, caves, or any place where you are in a dark, mazelike area with random encounters and no save points and no clue where to go. Game developers: PLEASE STOP.

Bad level design - where you the level really has no logical flow.
I hate when you have to find a certain little piece of s**t like a key or a map or a zombie head to move on!

DocMoc said:
Bad level design - where you the level really has no logical flow.
I hate when you have to find a certain little piece of s**t like a key or a map or a zombie head to move on!

Agreed. I hate little things that are so easy to miss, but pivotal to advancing in the game. I like a little challenge, but why would I red rocket that zombie to reach the castle?

Hmmm, lazy console to PC conversions are the top of my list... if they haven't even bothered map the mouse to the menu screen, it seems like a bad sign of things to come. Or being asked to press Square, Circle, Triangle or Cross when playing a PC Game... it really shows they care ;-).

I played RE:4 on easy. I thought the amount of ammo was pretty good. Once or twice it got low, but that's part of the whole survival horror aspect. I'd rather have it than not.

And I really hate that crap too, when in RPG games you go through some really annoying dungeon areas with endless random encounters. UGH!! That's why I never finished FF IX. Too many damn random encounters, to get from one end of a room to the other I had to go through at least 4 fights!! And they were harder than they should've been too, and took too long. F*** THAT!! I really wanted to finish the story too :(

Oh and how could I forget, playing an FPS on a console. It sucks ass when you're used to PC FPS games.

You get used to it after a while, still sucks a bit, though.

The thing I hate most in a game is when you trip an alarm and then it goes on for the whole mission.

i hate not being able to see the rest of the level or whats around a corner.
so i guess that falls under bad camera angles

I hate when I think I flank the enemy one way but then the gdamn game blocks my path either by throwing some weak ass obstacles (broken truck/fence/barbed wire/minefield) or an invisible wall in my way. Invisible walls make me want to cut myself and show my little sister.

I hate when you know how you yourself could have improved a game. The one example that sticks out for me was Tomorrow Never Dies for the PS1, where there was no way to reload your gun midway through a clip. Thats rights, if you were headed into a big fight and wanted a full clip, you had to waste bullets THEN reload. Would it have been that hard to make one of the buttons reload?

Other than the ones listed before...

When a game gets stale: fighting the same enemies, in the same places, with the same weapons.

And long periods of just plain traveling

I always hated in rpgs (i know this was essential to the overall experience) but i hate when I have these "world altering weapons of mass destruction" spells but cant get past a locked door.....WITHOUT traveling on the other side of this same world, only to just happen to obtain the key from a master mage turned bum in either an alley, or a desolate hilltop with "stronger than the end boss" type enemies.

For some, that damned locked door is the most powerful enemy because it is immune to Flare and pretty much any other type of magic you own.

As a matter of fact the door is so LOCKED that you can't even attempt to cast a spell on it.

excuse the run-ons

i hate big gaps between save points. i mean theres nothing worse than finally getting through a hard part and to continue progessing but never getting to a good save point, dying and starting all over

there are several games i just said "Fuck That" and gave up on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod