Most difficult games you've played

Delorean88

Rookie
My roommate and I were talking about this yesterday, after talking about a mixture of dark souls and metriod prime we were discussing what games we would always remember to be one of the most difficult experiences. I asked what would go down as one of the games that he remembered to be one of the most difficult and I think he said metriod prime or something else I couldn't remember. One of mine is Super Mario World 3, downloaded a emulator and rom over this summer and at first I breezed through the worlds but once those damn hammer bros came in...... You know what f*** the hammer bros..... F*** them and their families.....

Anyways I was wondering what you guys consider to be on your top list of most difficult games you've played, past or present. Doesn't have to be the #1 pick but just one you will always remember giving you a hard time either cause it was difficult because it was annoying/tedious or it required strategy/skill. Mine once again are Super Mario World 3, Modern Warfare on veteran (Mile High Club was a bitch) and Donkey Kong Country.

Sorry if my grammar or spelling is bad I came back from a "outing" and it hasn't worn off, I'm not bragging just trying to save myself from bad english

The older Shin Megami Tensei games are pretty hard especially Nocturne. Fuck up twice in a boss battle and you might as well reset the game.

I had one of the Ninja Gaiden games on the NES and they were hard.

NES games take the prize as most difficult. I still to this day can not defeat Battletoads.

Most fighting games allude me. And Mega Man games are fucking punishing.

Mario was always hard for me, but megaman I breeze through them with ease. Megaman was one of my idols when I was a kid, that and solid snake, 8 bit solid snake. Most of the end bosses in Final Fantasy make it pretty hard. Just beat Final Fantasy V advanced and Exdeath was a bitch. Speaking of which why does almost every RPG final boss have multiple forms.

The Dark Spire without saving everywhere and without using a guide. I saved everywhere and used a guide, because it would be fucking hard without that feature and a guide. Enter a room? A good chance of getting raped by an ambush of Venom Drapegons. Hello Kitty Quest? How the fuck am I suppose to solve this shit? Secondary Classes? It doesn't tell you shit because you are worth shit. Sun Stone Quest? Do you know how many battles you'll fight just to complete it? Enough to kill your punk ass. David Bowie? Fuck yeah, you know the one.

And your party starts off able to get it's ass kicked from the first battle in the Tower. You suck so much that you can die before ten minutes are up.

You know what? I loved it. When it was kicking my ass, I loved it. When I had to read a guide to complete a quest, I loved it. When I was remembering my position on a map that doesn't note my location, I was enthralled. When I was taking pages and pages of notes, I fucking loved it. I would marry it if it would take me.

/rant

Atlus, creating hard shit that you love.

Donkey Kong Country. There were several levels that caused me to throw my SNES controller across the room.

Seeing how you guys are such pitiful gamers. BattleToads. Thats right. Ohh and Superman 64 (trollface.jpg)

213EDD said:
Seeing how you guys are such pitiful gamers. BattleToads. Thats right. Ohh and Superman 64 (trollface.jpg)
Forgot all about BattleToads which was a blessing, up till now thank you. Superman 64 wasn't really as hard as it was terrible. But you try fighting a final boss in Final Fantasy withough being past the level 40. Jx excuse accepted I was 7 when I first played it. Got I loved it.

kingg5 said:
213EDD said:
Forgot all about BattleToads which was a blessing, up till now thank you. Superman 64 wasn't really as hard as it was terrible. But you try fighting a final boss in Final Fantasy withough being past the level 40. Jx excuse accepted I was 7 when I first played it. Got I loved it.

hey now that depends on your definition of 'hard'. It was hard to play. It was so intolerable that it was hard to even pick it up other then to throw it.

213EDD said:
kingg5 said:
213EDD said:

hey now that depends on your definition of 'hard'. It was hard to play. It was so intolerable that it was hard to even pick it up other then to throw it.
Good point if we're going in that direction of hard Duke Nukem Forever. I threw that bitch across the floor

kingg5 said:
213EDD said:
kingg5 said:
213EDD said:

Good point if we're going in that direction of hard Duke Nukem Forever. I threw that b**** across the floor
Duke Nukem Forever was bad, but it wasn't that bad. Survivor for the PC is horrible. The game I find most difficult to play was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES.

UghRochester said:
kingg5 said:
213EDD said:
kingg5 said:
213EDD said:

Good point if we're going in that direction of hard Duke Nukem Forever. I threw that b**** across the floor
Duke Nukem Forever was bad, but it wasn't that bad. Survivor for the PC is horrible. The game I find most difficult to play was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES.
http://www.dorkly.com/video/25541/dorkly-bits-nes-ninja-turtles-theme-song

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod