What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these days I'll make it through Mass Effect 3. I was just so burned by Mass Effect 2 that I've just never had any motivation to make it through a game where I know what happens and that nothing I do really makes a difference. Which I would be fine with, if that wasn't what made the game unique amongst the myriad of identical cover based shooters it imitates.

Anyway, been playing Assassin's Creed 4. It's surprisingly good, to the point where I don't think it was originally planned to be an Assassin's Creed game and they just turned it into one to increase marketability.

It suffers from numerous glitches, bad AI, and the tacked on crafting system that Ubisoft just LOOOOOOOOOVES to include in all of their games, but it's still really fun.

My first set of saves, I romanced Ashley the whole series. It was like dating the most boring highschool girlfriend from my past.

Its a tossup for me between Tali and Miranda. I loved the nerdy, shy, spazness of tali. Miranda really warms up though and man do I have a stupid fetish for british accents.(Or irish or scottish)

Liara was also enjoyable but kind of felt like a sister or more of a best friend.

So it is like most of life. You can either date the nerdy girl perfect for you, date the british girl that is a amazing fuck, or date the boring high school girlfriend.

I dont think I have ever dated a blue alien(Who knows with my drug use) but the sex would probably be mind blowing.

^ Yeah, that's why I "romanced" Tali, because out of all the characters who you can romance, I found Tali the most interesting and funny.

And Longo, is that Assassin's Creed 4 for what console? I'm considering getting it for PS4 at the PS4 launch, otherwise I'll be getting Battlefield 4.

I got it on PC. Runs pretty damn well. No idea how it is on consoles, but the controls are nice. Good thing my 10 year old game pad still works.

I might get Assassin's Creed IV: Blackflag for PS4... Originally I was getting Battlefield 4 but lately due to my annoying Internet connection, maybe I should get AC4.

As for Tali > Liara > Miranda... yeah, Tali's the best and most interesting of the bunch. I'm not terribly fond of Miranda but I will admit, she has great character development and writing. Like Sourdeez said, Liara feels like a "female best friend" or sister character.

Ashley is really boring.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds has been released for 3Ds. I think I might get myself a copy.

Honestly, I was disappointed with AC3 but 4 has made it up for me completely. Easily the best AC game since 2.

For example, I decided to attack a Spanish treasure ship, and was doing alright but getting nothing really done. At that moment, a British frigate happened to show up and engaged the Spanish, allowing me to sail away and pelt them both from afar, taking all of the rewards when they were crippled.

There's also a dedicated sea shanty button. Enough said.

I got my PS4 last Friday as well as a copy of Assassin's Creed IV: Blackflag, which I am actually enjoying a lot, much to my surprise.

I was very hesitant about AC4 due to my general dislike for Assassin's Creed III, but I'm really enjoying it.

It's not as pretty as I was hoping... but it's still a really beautiful game. The frame rate is smooth and never drops, the draw back distance is huge, the environments are beautifully detailed and I love the crazy pirate soundtrack. Presentation is great. The game is really fun too, like boarding someone's ship and kicking the crap out of their crew. Edward is a bad ass pirate.

Playing a lot of LoL and the occasional snippet of other games. My game attention span has been short lately, mostly a vehicle for chatting.

I'm playing Assassin's Creed for the first time. One of those games where I never got the first, and thought it was a lot to catch up on by the time the third came out.

It's bloody awesome, I've been missing out.

MattAY said:
I'm playing Assassin's Creed for the first time. One of those games where I never got the first, and thought it was a lot to catch up on by the time the third came out.

It's bloody awesome, I've been missing out.
The first one is awesome, and 2 is even better. Then, they start sucking. Don't bother with them.

Oh Matt since I know you're an achievement whore make sure you talk through every dialogue option with Kristen Bell's character at every chance you get or else you'll finish with like 900/1000.

Doing some pokemon X still, along with A Link Between Worlds.

Once thats done, I want to do a Mass Effect runthrough. All three games, inspired by Master_Craig's vox pop entry.

used44 said:
Oh Matt since I know you're an achievement whore make sure you talk through every dialogue option with Kristen Bell's character at every chance you get or else you'll finish with like 900/1000.

Haha, thanks for the heads up. Got a feeling its going to take forever to get all these fucking flags though.

One thing I hate now - crazy guys.

LinksOcarina said:

Once thats done, I want to do a Mass Effect runthrough. All three games, inspired by Master_Craig's vox pop entry.

I'm really happy to hear that my vox pop entry has inspired you to go through the Mass Effect trilogy. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

Also, I still need to get back to playing Pokémon X and I need to pick up A Link Between Worlds sometime. Maybe over Christmas?

Master_Craig said:
LinksOcarina said:

I'm really happy to hear that my vox pop entry has inspired you to go through the Mass Effect trilogy. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

Also, I still need to get back to playing Pokémon X and I need to pick up A Link Between Worlds sometime. Maybe over Christmas?

Oh I know I will enjoy it. I beat the games numerous times with numerous Shepards. Might as well start fresh and see where I can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod