What are ya eating?

I tried something that my mom told me about today. Baking kale to turn it into crisps. So yummy and relatively healthy. Even though I cooked them a bit too long. Oh well. They tasted better than they looked.

I also made a wrap. Cucumber and breaded chicken. So this was my dinner.

KaleandWrap.jpg

TL, that looks great! The wraps I mean, lol. I'm sure the rest does taste better :p

Sightless said:
Wicked: Whatever you do, do NOT go the route of just making "regular" dishes without meat. I hate places that flaunt being "vegetarian-friendly" but are ultimately just charging the same _or more_ for dishes that give a couple more florets of broccoli or something as a replacement for meat. Fie.

But something without meat is still technically vegetarian! And if someone is willing to remove the best part of the dish just to specifically custom to a vegetarian's taste I would certainly consider that to be "friendly". haha

Just give her normal burgers but say they're soy....just to see what happens when you reveal.

Or you could go for the option ending in sex, but that's not fun for me!...Not without pictures anyway.

They were really yummy. Just mix the kale in about 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Then throw them in the oven for about 10 minutes. Super easy.

Sightless said:
If it won't kill you, Eyebrows. D:

Well aware, what I mean by "just eat meat" is have a balanced diet. today I'm going to be having Bok Choy with Veal bratwursts and carrots.

Did he say veal?!
s06e05_480.jpg

I was referring to allergies, Eyebrows.

I guess now is the time to reveal that I'm a pesce-vegetarian, which is to say that I eat seafood, but not other meats. Mostly it's just shellfish and some fishes. I don't care about what you eat and I don't think it really influences my opinions about food.

I made oyakodon the other day, but didn't have time to take pics after it was done. I haven't decided on anything for tonight... I might just have some fries and a cucumber sandwich or some such.

tigerlily521985 said:
Wicked- since you've got a bit of Italian in you, you could try making some eggplant parmesan. Then, you could try that yourself, or make chicken parm for yourself while she gets the eggplant.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/eggplant-parmesan-ii/detail.aspx

Another favourite veggie dish of mine is portobello mushroom burgers. I wouldn't say they taste just like beef burgers, but they are quite tasty.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/portobello-mushroom-burger-with-bruschetta-topping/detail.aspx

Ohhh yes, I love making chicken parm! I'll make a note of it thanks! And those shroom burgers look good too!

Italian cooking is about as vegetarian-friendly as Ron Paul is gay-friendly. Or so I thought. It seems there are plenty of dishes I can make like the ones you suggested TL!

Wes said:
If this is turning into a vegetarian thread we should all watch an educational video on the subject

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bps-xbo8wnA

I think it's my fault. But we got a Simpsons link out of it so it's a win-win.

Sightless said:
I guess now is the time to reveal that I'm a pesce-vegetarian, which is to say that I eat seafood, but not other meats

Ah, ok. We can still go to Red Lobster.

We can still go pretty much anywhere.

I also have notable exceptions to the whole non-meat thing, which include situations in which not eating meat will result in significant social tension/stress. Also, if it's an innovative dish or a delicacy or something exciting, then having that eating experience is definitely worth more than not eating it.

I will say though that Red Lobster kind of frightens me -- always skeptical of cheap seafood, especially if it's offered in places that don't even come near to touching water, let alone water where that product actually comes from.

Studying for a test and trying to do research for a paper due Friday. Progress and my feelings on the whole thing: Balls.

Comfort food: Linguine with scallops and clams in butter (margarine). Coarsely ground pepper at the ready. Parmesan is unnecessary.

Side note: I'm offended and disappointed that people think that I can switch out the type of noodle and have the dish retain the same degree of comfort and satisfaction. It's a ridiculous notion, and I can't believe someone actually suggested that to me. Seriously.

Dutch oven cooking tonight. Beef stew, porkchops, cheesy potatoes, cream soda biscuits, hot fudge sundae cake. I love sitting around tending coals, relaxing around a camp fire, and then just gorging yourself on delicious eats. Sorry, no pics. It was pretty cool though. Six dutch ovens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod