What are ya eating?

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Post your delicious eats, whether they be homemade or from a fancy restaurant. Pics and recipes are encouraged. Or just describe that Big Mac to us, man.

I made this pizza bianca a few nights back. It was good! The texture of the ricotta cheese was a bit overwhelming though. I'll dial it back (or replace it) next time.

89bc95f1.jpg

I've been trying not to eat carbs, so a nice dish I go for is saute Bok choy with polish keilbasa. If you cook the choy in olive oil with all seasons salt until it is nicely crisped and then brown the sausage in the same pan it makes a nice little, and filling dish. I'll try to get a picture next time I make it, but for folks with weight issues that don't like eating greens: there is no shame in pan frying the shit out of bok choy, chard, or collards. Hell you can even use Worcester sauce. Just eat greens over bread and you're doing alright.

I'm currently seeing someone who is vegetarian, which always makes it tricky when she comes over and I have to provide dinner, lol. Usually I'll just order in pizza and get her a veggie one while I get something with pepperoni.

But tonight I'm going to attempt a vegetarian lasagna. I know how to cook, but it's just odd cooking something without meat in it.

WickedLiquid said:
I'm currently seeing someone who is vegetarian, which always makes it tricky when she comes over and I have to provide dinner, lol. Usually I'll just order in pizza and get her a veggie one while I get something with pepperoni.

But tonight I'm going to attempt a vegetarian lasagna. I know how to cook, but it's just odd cooking something without meat in it.

I've done that for a little while: Portabella mushrooms are your friend (called steak mushrooms for their size and texture), as well as beans (Northern Whites and garbanzo beans are great). I work produce, and there are some fairly good meat replacers that work well. Eggplant and Zucchini are nice as well.
Look at thhhat:
http://www.partiesthatcook.com/porcini- ... m-lasagna/

Sounds good.

But there's no meat! haha

Thankfully I grew up with my mother's Italian cooking and not my father's Scotish cooking *shivers*. So hopefully I can whip up a nice lasagne like that one.

Breakfast.... all day, every day. In high school I had a free period in the morning so I'd make these awesome breakfast burritos with eggs, cheese, salsa, and spicy sausage from this market about half an hour away. Walking on to campus and bringing that out of the bag still hot from being wrapped in tin foil.... oh man it smelled so good and it tasted even better.

I've been into making delicious sandwiches...I'll spend about $20 getting expensive sourdough, cured salami, smoked mozzarella, dried peppers, and tapenade. Yum yum usually follows.

@Eyebrows I was going to suggest mushrooms too. Find a good lasagna recipe, and substitute sautéed mushrooms for the sausage or whatever, Rob.

@BBK That sounds delicious.

Tonight I'll probably order in Chinese and have some sweet and sour balls.

Yes, I said it like that on purpose. Sweet and sour chicken balls with chicken fried rice, egg rolls and chow mein. And for dessert, a painfully obvious fortune cookie.

The bright red sweet and sour glaze is just about the only thing I don't like in Americanized Chinese food places.

Wes said:
Tonight I'll probably order in Chinese and have some sweet and sour balls.

Yes, I said it like that on purpose. Sweet and sour chicken balls with chicken fried rice, egg rolls and chow mein. And for dessert, a painfully obvious fortune cookie.
That sounds delicious. I'm doing that too.

I've been making a lot of homemade juices lately. I know, not food, but whatever. They are delicious! Mmm, carrot and orange juice.

For dinner tonight I made grilled chicken wraps for Anthony and myself. Rub some vegetable boullion into the chicken breasts before cooking and it's quite tasty. I added onions to my portion as well.

I actually haven't been cooking as much lately as I usually do. Not proper cooking at least. A lot of frozen crap. :(

Wicked: Whatever you do, do NOT go the route of just making "regular" dishes without meat. I hate places that flaunt being "vegetarian-friendly" but are ultimately just charging the same _or more_ for dishes that give a couple more florets of broccoli or something as a replacement for meat. Fie.

Sightless said:
Wicked: Whatever you do, do NOT go the route of just making "regular" dishes without meat. I hate places that flaunt being "vegetarian-friendly" but are ultimately just charging the same _or more_ for dishes that give a couple more florets of broccoli or something as a replacement for meat. Fie.

you could just, you know, eat meat. :)

http://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu#country-dinners Look at that veggie choice: pick four sides, it's so insulting I love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle