The Stalfros Experiment (Chat Thread)

Bretimus_v2 said:
Fav comic: The Dark Knight Returns
Least favorite: Danger Girl

Good choice with Batman. And come on, you're telling me you are not a fan of the late 90s/early 2000s scantily clad, big breasted, skimpy-outfit wearing female character used as a tool for 13 year-olds to fap to? Like Darkchylde, Fathom, Danger Girl and every other comic by Top Cow?

And I wuv you too, Stal.

Can I substitue for manga?

In fact, fuck it. I'm doing it anyway!

Favourite Mangas:

Naruto (duh)
Battle Royale (seriously fucking good)
One Piece
Death Note
Arm of Kannon
Welcome to the NHK
Love Hina

Least Favourite:

Oninagi
Kekkaishi

....feels good.

Blech, correct me if I'm wrong (which I probably am) but Danger Girl wasn't from Top Cow. But it was just a comic that was so full of cliches, and I can only handle campy to a certain limit.

Danger Girl was Wildstorm, but you are right, it was horribly cliched. But adolescent boys loved the big breast so it didn't matter.

MattAY's gotta have his moe.

Anyway, favorite comedians.

Mitch Hedburg
Lewis Black
Mike Birbiglia
Mitch Fatel
Kyle Cease
Daniel Tosh
and some others I forgot.

Favorite comics

Anything Spiderman
The Darkness
Chronicles of Wormwood
Other stuff

Favorite Strips

Get Fuzzy
Pearls Before Swine
Dilbert
And others

Least favorite comedians

Lisa Lamponelli
Carlos Mencia
Jeff Dunham
Anyone who does the same joke over and over

Least favorite Comics

Batman is the biggest Mary Sue ever
Next is the Fantastic Four

Least Favorite Strips

Baldo
BC
Family Circus
Rose is Rose

Other than some of the major Marvel arcs, I've read primarily DC (like, every Batman ever). But just recently I picked up the first... nine Ultimate Spider-Man volumes. I've read the first three so far, and I'm really not understanding the Brian Michael Bendis hate. How exactly did he ruin Marvel? I think his ultimate Spidey has been a fresh take, so far.

Trippy, if you want to fill me in -- do it without spoiling anything, please. Cuz I'm still gonna read the ones I own.

used44 said:
I've read the first three so far, and I'm really not understanding the Brian Michael Bendis hate. How exactly did he ruin Marvel? I think his ultimate Spidey has been a fresh take, so far.

Trippy, if you want to fill me in -- do it without spoiling anything, please. Cuz I'm still gonna read the ones I own.

When BMB started Ultimate Spiderman, from what I understand it was a fresh new take on a classic character and helped jump start the Ultimates line.

Unfortunately, the heads at Marvel (QUESADA!) thought BMB was the second coming of Kirby and decided that he alone would be in charge of all the major arcs happening with Marvel, as well as write many of their popular lines. When he got that role, he made all his crappy, Mary Sue characters into the biggest players in the Marvel Universe (The Hood, Spiderwoman, etc.), rewrote long developed characters into jokes of their formal selves whose powers couldn't compare to his own (i.e. Dr. Strange saying "My cape doesn't work in these conditions" was one of the stupidest things he has ever done), forced characters that weren't his own that had seen recent revivals literally get beaten to death or raped.

"Oh, and most important of all is his "writing". Now granted, I am long winded in my rants and diatribes, but his writing has actually become a joke amongst the fan community.

A joke?

Yes, a joke."

See, that was an example of his writing. He constantly has to repeat and reinforce what his characters have previously said so that when they do something completely out of character or just plain retarded to show up one of his characters, the reader understands what the hell is going on.

TL;DR: he cares more about showing off his characters than he does the actual marvel continuity, in which he is in charge of, and has no concept of dialog.

Well its oddly quiet today.

Is everyone just gearing up for Halloween?

Are we going to get a "Post your halloween pics" thread?

Are any (all 3) of the female posters going as some form of "justified" slut this year?

Any parents looking forward to taking their kids trick or treating?

Any of the youngins still going trick or treating?

favorite comics? hmmm, lets see
The punisher max, the ones done by garth ennis. hell, anything by garth ennis really

least favorite? anything by brian micheal bendis, doug moench, and larry hama.

My family is throwing a party, so I have to get the house ready for that.

I'm going as Cowboy from The Warriors. I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow.

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm going as Cowboy from The Warriors. I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow.

While Longo in a sexy vest does sound appealing, I was kinda hoping for another go at Disgaea.

And for the record, I'm going as Zombie Billy Mays

I have celebrated Halloween once when I were 6. Went dressed as a skeleton.
Halloween isn't really popular here. What a shame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex