The GRolympics 2016: LEAGUE FINISHED!! WHAT NEXT?!

FIRST GAMEWEEK

First up - Tetris!!

http://tetris.com/play-tetris/

20100918-tetris.jpg

DEFAULT CONTROLS:
Z - rotate blocks; SPACEBAR - slam blocks down; ARROW KEYS - move blocks.

Remember - Note your high score at the end!
Screenshot your high scores with your screen name scrawled on (or mugshot if you're feelin' funny!)

FIRST TRIES ONLY! Honour system too...so yeah, tell the truth or God (me) will punish you!
DEADLINE IN A WEEK! 3rd August I'll be shutting this gameweek down and launching the next!

If you play your cards right gentlemen...you may very well top the UGLIEST LEAGUE TABLE OF ALL MANKIND!!

GRolympics-preGW1_1.jpg

Remember: Highest score wins!!

GOLD - 12 points
SILVER - 9 points
BRONZE - 7 points
4th - 5 points
5th - 4 points
6th - 3 points
7th - 2 points.
8th - 1 point.

LATE ENTRIES WELCOME! Just means I'll adjust the scoring values, but the system will remain the same.

Alrighty chaps - LET'S MAKE SOME FUCKY FUCKY! Look forward to seeing those high scores!

Oi! You don't get practice rounds Ya said it yourself. I vote MattAY gets Disqualified this round! I'll post my attempt Monday.

Not when it's started ya nob! Before the event started you can practise all you want!

You think Usain Bolt twiddles his thumbs for 4 years until the 100mm sprint?! NO, he practises...because at the Olympics...you only get ONE SHOT!

Catch my drift? Good squire!

Looks like I'm the jelly in this manwich.

Level 9 and I was mentally shitting my pants. My carefully built empire crumbled before my eyes and it all went to hell. Level 10 and I was past my limit and delaying the inevitable.

14dhbh4.jpg

MattAY got beat by a guy who had to look up how to take screenshots.

Haha!

I had such a huge struggle period, I stopped slamming blocks down from about level 7 onwards so lost my points!

I'm by no means an expert, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for Tetris. Pretty decent for my first attempt using a keyboard.

StudioTan said:
This is what happens when you're slow and stupid and don't practice

I blame myself for hitting SPACE when I wanted to hit Z. This f*cking game sucks anyways.

WELL HOLY FUCKING BEANSPOROUTS! TIME IS UP!!

Well competed, gentlemen! You did your country and honour proud!

The results:

C_nate - 105,447
Longo - 91,906
HK - 87,548
MattAY - 79,104
Used - 41,471
StudioTan - 14,711
Ugh - 3,498

Which makes the UGLIEST LEAGUE TABLE OF ALL TIME (The ULTOAT) look like this:

GRolympics-afterGW1.jpg

PS - I changed the difference between 1st and 2nd place points from 3 to 2...will be a bit more balanced that way. Plus, C_nate makes me nervous ;)

SECOND GAMEWEEK:

tumblr_m9g6xki11k1qzwhb0o3_250.gif

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Emerald Hill 1-1!

http://www.playretrogames.com/835-sonic-the-hedgehog-2
(if you make it through the one minute ad!)

DEFAULT CONTROLS:

Press ENTER to start game.
Z = Jump
ARROW KEYS = Move

You do have the ability to map your controls if you're THAT bothered and into this.

Remember to screenshot your score at the end!
The level ending will fade out into the next level in a shortish period of time. But on the start of 1-2, your high score will be present, so you have all the time in the world!
You'll need some sort of paintbrush username scribble also!

Deadline is on the 10th August!
GOD SPEED GENTLEMEN!! LET'S MAKE SOME FUCKY-FUCKY

Plus, C_nate makes me nervous Wink

Who? Lil 'ol me?.......

tumblr_nsczdoqrQW1t7uuyso1_500.gif

Don't get too nervous, my Sonic game is pretty weak. I flew through the level like I used to, forgetting that the objective this time around was high scores and not speed. Whoops.

ya-blew-it.jpg

Hahaha! Longo, want us to cont the special stages?!

I took my sweet ass time!

sonic.jpg

dDYWZyW.png

I played on Xbox One. Fuck, you guys are good at games. I sort of hate Sonic, btw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle