Super Bowl

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

• Seattle Seahawks, and I predict they win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seattle Seahawks, but I predict they lose

• Pittsburgh Steelers, and I predict they win

• Pittsburgh Steelers, but I predict they lose

• Total voters
StalfrosCC said:
TheNesMan said:
StalfrosCC said:
... Soccer is the most boring sport on the planet.
Okay there, baseball.

If you know what is going on in Baseball and you are keeping score it is outstanding!

can I get a Here Here!
I've been to plenty of mlb baseball games man, and i know what's going on. I still find it utterly boring though.

obviously you don't then.

there is a lot more to keeping score than just the runs. and if you knew that you would probably like baseball a lot more.

StalfrosCC said:
obviously you don't then.

there is a lot more to keeping score than just the runs. and if you knew that you would probably like baseball a lot more.
Out of all the people i know who play and watch baseball, none of them do that.

Yep NES Man, just because you don't do it, like it, or know about it it doesn't exist and I am makeing it up.

Or am I being closed minded about this one too?

God you are pathetic.

Way to assume things. Not once did i say you made it up, i don't doubt that people do it, i've just never heard of it.

Penny Arcade on The Big Game:

It is probably no surprise that we do not hitch our psychological wagons to the on-field rigors of this or that sporting outfit. Like many Mark I geeks, we tend to associate sports and the period they occupy in the school day as the geography of physical abuse. I'm assuming this isn't true for people who purchase the annual Madden, and then play the game wearing a jersey. But I don't really know that guy.

After living in my town the last couple weeks, some measure of the enthusiasm people expected to find in me grew there spontaneously. We ended up watching "the game" in Spokane, which is a reeking wound cut into the Earth. I'm not sure if the people who toil there really understand that they live in an entire country full of towns they could move to, or that living there is itself a kind of death.

In any case, this will be the last time I invest myself in a game where I have no power to determine the outcome. I really feel a need to emphasize the distinction between this and the sort of game that usually occupies my time. When I feel the kind of plundered devastation I felt on Sunday, there is usually a "learning phase" that follows it. It's the first step in a process, a chain of well-documented events which culminates in the expulsion self-doubt and leaves as the remainder the possibility of future victory. Provided, of course, that I have internalized the deep wisdom presented by the universe - taken the yoke of that strange intellect which courses through defeat.

It really was a terrible thing to watch, though - this game. The entire conflict turned on demoralizing penalty calls and devastating mistakes which mounted a wall of points too high to see over. And then, with the ashen Mark of Failure already inscribed, there's still time on the clock so you have to sit and watch as your anointed warriors file into the mouth of hell.

And all throughout, the leering of Steeler's coach Bill Cowher - like the hated visage of Goldstein. I swear to G-d, every time they showed that fucker it was another Two-Minutes Hate.

I knew they weren't sports fans, but everybody in Seattle felt it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle